August '23 Chat -- Will Jason find his DragTruck? -- Stay Tuned!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Unlikely. The shifts seem fast and smooth. I'd have to get a good log to really know for sure.

What sucks is the track won't have any more tests and tunes for at least a few kore months. If I get any logs it would have to be on a back road somewhere. The logs I did when I was making this tune didn't show any issues back then and it's remained mostly the same. I haven't made any changes to the fueling, boost, throttle tables, etc. Only some altitude timing and emissions tables
Oh, you mean so they Preform Better at altitude... :ROFLMAO:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Oh, you mean so they Preform Better at altitude... :ROFLMAO:
Your joke is probably going over my head. Not sure I get it

But I was trying to get the truck to run better when I was at 6k+ feet. It was sluggish and didn't have any power. My boost, timing and air/fuel ratio (don't remember the table name) was tweaked to try and get better performance. So no changes that would affect the fuel and timing at the low altitude I'm racing at.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Jason, t/h shift strategy and normal mode should be the same under WOT. If it isn’t, something is different in your tcm tune.

Is TC locking up half way through 2nd gear?

When you start to reach the peak mph/et of the truck, you will find a poor launch will give you a higher mph and slower et but a good launch will the opposite.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Jason, t/h shift strategy and normal mode should be the same under WOT. If it isn’t, something is different in your tcm tune.

Is TC locking up half way through 2nd gear?

When you start to reach the peak mph/et of the truck, you will find a poor launch will give you a higher mph and slower et but a good launch will the opposite.
I have the shift points higher on the T/H. I've adjusted a bunch of my shifts

I'm pretty sure the TC is locking in 2nd. It definitely does on the street as I can feel it lock and see the small rpm drop. A log would be needed to see if it's working properly on the track

Why is that? My worst launch did yield me the fastest mph. That seems counter intuitive.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have the shift points higher on the T/H. I've adjusted a bunch of my shifts

I'm pretty sure the TC is locking in 2nd. It definitely does on the street as I can feel it lock and see the small rpm drop. A log would be needed to see if it's working properly on the track

Why is that? My worst launch did yield me the fastest mph. That seems counter intuitive.

You spend more time on the track which yields you a higher speed. Hence the higher et

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You spend more time on the track which yields you a higher speed. Hence the higher et
Still doesn't seem to make sense to me. The track is the same length either way. If you get up to say 30 mph in the 60 you are having to accelerate from a slower speed with the same distance than if you made it to 50 mph at the 60. Seems like if you are starting from a higher mph then it would be easier to reach a higher mph in the end too. And a higher speed on the track would shorten the time on the track. Mind bender

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Still doesn't seem to make sense to me. The track is the same length either way. If you get up to say 30 mph in the 60 you are having to accelerate from a slower speed with the same distance than if you made it to 50 mph at the 60. Seems like if you are starting from a higher mph then it would be easier to reach a higher mph in the end too. And a higher speed on the track would shorten the time on the track. Mind bender

But remember, your power hasn’t changed. You still are putting X amount of power to the ground. Your variable is your initial acceleration. There is a thread from years back that explains all this way better than I can. Trust me, this threw me for a loop long ago but the thread cleared it up. It was good info

Reactions: 2004LB7

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
But remember, your power hasn’t changed. You still are putting X amount of power to the ground. Your variable is your initial acceleration. There is a thread from years back that explains all this way better than I can. Trust me, this threw me for a loop long ago but the thread cleared it up. It was good info
I'll see if I can find it. I bet it would bean interesting read

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Bottom line, better 60ft means better ET.

I used to stage just lighting the 2nd yellow in order to "get a jump" on the light. It allowed me to hold 2000 rpm at the line longer, too.
Consistant 1.62-1.65 60fts were the result.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
This is why rolling start times confused me when I was younger. Reading car and driver 0-60 time were always faster than 5-60. Launch makes a difference.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Jason, what converter did Mike put in your truck
You know, I'm not really sure. I know it's a Goerend but I cant remember what model. I remember having.the discussion with Mike about it and asking for the tightest converter he could get due to my 4:56 rear end. It runs very well on the street. My transmission tune has it locked as much as possible to try and keep the RPMs down

Reactions: PureHybrid

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ok, everyone. Here we go again. Another listing on the oh so fun bookface market. It's in good condition from the looks of the photos and description. An 05 LLY so I get to play around with the FICM 😁.

It's a bit higher then I was hopping for. Kinda a shame to gut it if I do turn it into a drag toy as it seems to be in nice shape. I guess I can always do it in stages like get the transmission built. Then a turbo. Injectors, etc. Then start the diet after.

Worth it? Wonder if this guy will respond. It's listed in NV so may not have his head up his a$$ like some of our California brethren. 🤣

364032471_6581087991947556_8614358978291649958_n.jpg

Reactions: wydopenLb7

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Maybe what you need is your own version of James's old "LIMO" :ROFLMAO: you could ZF swap it and then maybe sell it to him... ;)

James's Limo twin brother link

Ha! Gawdy ass wheels on that thing and curious how the interior is.

Also, jason, I’d wager to bet it’s a G converter in there or the like. Something in the 1800rpm range. That’s what we put in the OG Limo

Reactions: 1FastBrick
Status
Not open for further replies.