August '23 Chat -- Will Jason find his DragTruck? -- Stay Tuned!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm currently inquiring about this one. Crossing my fingers hopping there is a living person on the other end 😂

Cross posted here too: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/guffey-2004-chevy-pickup-truck/7653410171.html

States the head gaskets are bad from a blown radiator. Would probably have to tow it back. Anyone have experience attaching tow bars to one of these trucks? Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to remove the hooks and secure it to that location. Didn't really want to attach it to the bumper but I may have too if I'm trying to hook up in the middle of nowhere and don't have the means of fabricating a bracket to use the tow hook location. Is the front bumper even strong enough to use to tow it? Seems like you could in a pinch but not recommended for that distance. Didn't really want to add the expense of renting a trailer or dolly if I could avoid it

Maybe someone could get me the bolt spacing and I can fabricable an adapter to use. Unless the dimensions are the same for the lmm trucks. Then I could just use mine as a template

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I'm currently inquiring about this one. Crossing my fingers hopping there is a living person on the other end 😂

Cross posted here too: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/guffey-2004-chevy-pickup-truck/7653410171.html

States the head gaskets are bad from a blown radiator. Would probably have to tow it back. Anyone have experience attaching tow bars to one of these trucks? Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to remove the hooks and secure it to that location. Didn't really want to attach it to the bumper but I may have too if I'm trying to hook up in the middle of nowhere and don't have the means of fabricating a bracket to use the tow hook location. Is the front bumper even strong enough to use to tow it? Seems like you could in a pinch but not recommended for that distance. Didn't really want to add the expense of renting a trailer or dolly if I could avoid it

Maybe someone could get me the bolt spacing and I can fabricable an adapter to use. Unless the dimensions are the same for the lmm trucks. Then I could just use mine as a template
Did you not hear back on the LLY deal???

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Did you not hear back on the LLY deal???
Nothing. I would prefer an LLY but I'm sure LB7 will work just as well for want I want it for.

The lady for this last one did email back. Just stated that the shop told her it had blown head gaskets. But it does start and run. But would have to tow it. It would be nice to fly in and drive it back. But I don't know the condition and if it would survive the trip without further damage. Anyone close by that would like to take a look at it for me?

178 Carl Rd, Guffey, CO

Reactions: 1FastBrick

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Have you verified it is in fact an lb7? Seems like a lot of miles with no mention of injectors being done.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I would trailer it back, not tow bar it.
The rental yards want $200 a day. With taxes and everything else it's going to be $1000 just for a dolly. For flat bed it's twice that. I remember them being a lot cheaper only a few years ago.

I know tow bars have their issues but I'm thinking it's my best option right now

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Have you verified it is in fact an lb7? Seems like a lot of miles with no mention of injectors being done.
I have not. She doesn't have any photos of the engine. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was in fact an LLY.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you're buying a race truck, you'll need a trailer anyway. Seems like a good excuse to buy one.

Reactions: Pure Diesel

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Pat and Kat used to use tow bars. IIRC they mounted where the tow hooks mount. You’d also need to buy the brake assist thingy that goes into the tow vehicle if you wanted to be “safe”. But a trailer might be a better option

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I don't plan on making it a race only vehicle. Yet...😛. It would be road legal and possibly a daly driver. But I would want it to have the capability to put down decent numbers at the track. Within reason of my budget. I'm thinking 6-800hp and whatever that will net me in the 1/4 at however much it weighs. A car hauler trailer would be nice to have but I'm running out of space to store one.

And depending on the price, a vehicle transport service might make more sense. It's just over 2300 miles round trip so fuel alone will probably be $700. It might be less because that's based on California prices 😂

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I don't plan on making it a race only vehicle. Yet...😛. It would be road legal and possibly a daly driver. But I would want it to have the capability to put down decent numbers at the track. Within reason of my budget. I'm thinking 6-800hp and whatever that will net me in the 1/4 at however much it weighs. A car hauler trailer would be nice to have but I'm running out of space to store one.

And depending on the price, a vehicle transport service might make more sense. It's just over 2300 miles round trip so fuel alone will probably be $700. It might be less because that's based on California prices 😂
Can you convert that Canadian Price and how many liters please? 🤣

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That would be about $950 Canadian dollars for 116.5 imperial gallons, It's also 3701 km round trip

I'm probably estimating a bit high because I'm basing it on California prices. Probably should use $4.5 (6.11 CAD) since I'm likely to only fill up once in California.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Bumping this back up being that the month end is closing fast 😛

Here are two more potential vehicles. Because the previous one stopped responding and looks to have sold it

This one is just over 2k miles away from me. So probably would have to arrange a transport to deliver it. Or spend a few days driving out and towing it back. Sounds like the only issue is maybe a fuel leak/loss of prime but don't know for sure as it is a no start condition. But it's listed for a really good price. Anyone local to Wilmington IL that would be willing to go look at it for me?

Screenshot_20230824-161146~01.jpg

And one that is much closer to me. Drives. Can pick it up over a weekend and drive it back easy. But it cost twice what I was hoping for. But maybe it's worth it due to the condition, location, not having to pay for shipping, etc. Those wheels got to go though 😝. Bonus points if it truly is an LLY

Screenshot_20230824-161722~01.jpg

What are the chances at least one of these people actually responds?

Status
Not open for further replies.