All Season Centerlink Brace

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Has any one ran and upgrade idler arm such as the ultimate idler?
cognito kit snapped along with pitman. Got a rare parts pitman and idler arm to mate to the dhd brace. I however found a smoking deal on an ultimate idler, its on the way as well. Not sure if it would be to tight and possibly break idler arm shaft?

You might want to contact Diesel Wanna Be (ULTIMATE IDLER ARM) on DP or read all 224 post on his idler arm, IIRC he stated the PISK and his arm should not be used together if that's what you're asking..? You can use the SuperSteer/Cognito idler shaft it might have a more robust shaft than the stock replacement...?

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
I did read his thread it's actually what promoted my question. I did purchase his arm too and, have a super steer idler box. In his thread he recommended either one or the other but had not actually ran a support on the arm. I have ditched the pisk as it snapped when pitman broke for a dhd brace.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
What do you mean by to tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe rigid would be a better word to describe it. To describe what I'm thinking would be similar to a rusted arm where the shaft won't rotate causing it to snap

2b78c3b28d7df1d022e7a9801d956d21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
FYI - I am going to see if I can make this work. I currently have the Kryptonite centerlink and tie rods, the Ultimate Idler, and the Rare pitman. The DHD brace just arrived today. Hopefully I can get this installed (and whatever fab work it might take to adapt it, if necessary) in the next couple weeks.:woott:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
short story unfortunately - NO F'ing WAY. The DHD bracket will not even come close to fitting with the Kryptonite centerlink.

I like the idea though. I might have to fire up the welder soon ;)

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
No!! My mistake!!! I found that my Front end was damaged!!

The Kryptonite front end rolled it's centerlink and the Ultimate idler bent! Once I pulled it out and threw in my old idler, the DHD brace fit!

It launches great now!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I was a little surprised, and I'm not sure how to assign "blame" if that even fits. Rather than blame, since I'm over stock turbo power, I'm trying to think about it as a weakest-link thing.

Yes, the UI "failed", BUT that means that the Kryptonite centerlink and tie rods "failed". If the Kryptonite was up to the task, then the UI would never be asked to bear the load and fail. I think that this proves that even with the super-sized Kryptonite hardware, it is still NOT as strong a straight centerlink. But, I used to run a big straight centerlink, and I wouldn't go back.

I had a lot of initial reactions to this discovery, including thinking that a stock centerlink with sleeves and a DHD bracket wold be all that you ever need. But, then I thought about the strength needed for turning under big loads - like last summer backing up a 7 ton load in the back yard at full-lock in 4wd... the Kryptonite parts were reassuring. Plus, even though it was over powered, the Kryptonite does give the idler (and DHD for that matter) more leverage than the stock centerlink too.

Dunno.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
just the stud. The bearings still spin pretty well and the casting looks fine. I have a video of it, but I can't get it to upload here.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
the funniest part is that the truck drove in 2wd like nothing was wrong at all!

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
Im glad to see that DHD brace will fit with Kryptonite Center link as well, been wanting to switch to that from the cognito supports . Someone mentioned the straight center links dont turn as well but i havent noticed much different turning radius with mine. If i were to do it all over again id probably just do stock centerlink, sleeves or a good beefy tie rod and a DHD brace, seems to work well for a lil less money.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Found a little rubbing from the lca bolt to the DHD brace. I cut back the bolts to clear

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 125