A little far fetched ??

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
the dyno wasnt at 7000 it was roughly 4850 but still high especially for his low mph with a EC/SB lowered and not with his 20's

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Who cares. It's a dyno. If that's what the dyno said, that's what it dynoed.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Who cares. It's a dyno. If that's what the dyno said, that's what it dynoed.

Exactly. Who cares, depending on how the dyno was set up and what brand or type it was. You could get some really friendly numbers. I don't see that as a reason to call bs or call someone out who might not know. So would you care more or less if it was from a reputable tuner? Just curious.

Last edited:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
TxChristopher made 440 hp and 1069 ft/lbs on what is claimed to be the most accurate dyno in texas

with a stock 5 speed trans... but last i heard from him his trans had 3 speeds :spit:

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
sounds like another Duramax Forum retard.

No offence to HUSKER DIESEL either, but he didnt even know anything about tuning with EFILive/have efilive like 8 months ago (didnt even know how to do a brake job on a dmax either, but I guess diesel performance shops dont need to know how to work on brakes cause diesel performance shops only make trucks go FAST), and hes already putting stock LBZ's over 550rwhp? wtf.

he also got efilive from idahorob, anyone wanna wager a guess on whos tuning makes up most of a "HUSKER DIESEL CUSTOM TUNE"

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
sounds like another Duramax Forum retard.

No offence to HUSKER DIESEL either, but he didnt even know anything about tuning with EFILive/have efilive like 8 months ago (didnt even know how to do a brake job on a dmax either, but I guess diesel performance shops dont need to know how to work on brakes cause diesel performance shops only make trucks go FAST), and hes already putting stock LBZ's over 550rwhp? wtf.

he also got efilive from idahorob, anyone wanna wager a guess on whos tuning makes up most of a "HUSKER DIESEL CUSTOM TUNE"

Exactly my thinking Ben, thanks for the input.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Damn, you guys over at DF are sure harsh on the guy. Let him have something to be happy about. Doesnt make one hill of beans what we all think anyway, it dynoed that number on that dyno. (and I know all about "optimistic" dyno numbers :rofl:)

I agree with Ben on the tuning. You dont become an expert at EFI overnight.

Last edited:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Most of the time on the diesel sites guys just post "uncorrected" numbers. In his case he posted his HP with a correction factor added in. Thats all that happened.

Ask him what his uncorrected numbers are :thumb:

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
Most of the time on the diesel sites guys just post "uncorrected" numbers. In his case he posted his HP with a correction factor added in. Thats all that happened.

Ask him what his uncorrected numbers are :thumb:

I was thinking that the whole time reading that thread. I know a lot of people that use corrected numbers just because it looks better.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
A friend of mine clsoed the thread, they like to give infractions over there for gay crap, owell, what do you expect from auto forums :rofl:

Nevermind on that thread, I shouldnt have made it a big deal and brought it over here.

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
Brian you called the guy out thats why the infraction and in all truth it wasnt hurting a thing so leaving the guy alone would have been a great idea!
his 13.2 time gives the real truth in my book so what if that dyno said 560+HP! i have dyno numbers that say i laid down 420HP/1100QTR(i thought they said the Cummins has more TQR)do i believe them no but it sure looks good!

Ben
we're not all bad over there,there are a few bad apples in every bushel..

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I never called him out and i never got an infraction :confused::confused:

Lets leave the drama over there shall we? :thumb:

This thread can be closed/deleted.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
There seems to be a lot of these "I call BS threads lately" you will drive yourself crazy trying to call BS on everyone that claims how fast, how much hp/ etc there truck has on the internet.

I cant tell you how many youtube videos there are of 700hp tuning only stock turbo truck claims there are.

I agree, who really cares what they claim.:hug: