6.7 PStroke

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Great trucks...

Personally know 2 guys that own one... both are solid running rigs...

Although the one guy got a little happy with the skinny peddle, and spun some bearings... Keep in mind this truck was far from stock...

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Nathan the bottom line here is you lied flat out. You and tadd took my motor apart in front of dan this time last year. Pictures and threads on fb and army to prove it.
Dans engine you built lasted 1 day at dpc and the rods welded to the crank.
Second engine assembled by wayne but parts and machine work by ede siezed quickly.

R and r 6.7 rods were too wide and had no room to grow on the crank throw.
Mpd found out the hard way on dustins engine too.

I always stick a feeler guage in and measure as any good builder does.

As for your dmax engine i have no idea how you could throw a billet rod. Duramax are damn near monkey proof. Lol:thumb:

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Damn I guess this is what happens when I don't log on for a couple of months. And as for the people who asked if I have. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I get a little nervous switching to a brand of truck that I have so very little knowledge of. When it comes to these trucks I know at least enough to service them myself. Not saying I could build an Outlaw class worthy truck. Like a memeber before me said, "I know just enough to be dangerous". But as for the girl fighting up above. Shake your dicks boys.. this pissing contest is over.:hug::thumb:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
IF I had the money, I would strongly consider one. Heck, just for the fact of how quiet they are. Most all of the problems I have heard and read about have been on 11-early 13, after that I habent read much of anything bad. A friend of mine was dead set on a DURAMAX, but he came over with his new 6.7l this week. He has a friend who works for a large FORD dealer who does nothing but 6.4 engines all week long talk him into buying it. He put a lift, tires, and delete on it and says he absolutely loves it. Dont think he wants to line up next to my burb, but he says it goes pretty good to.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
The 68rfe does suck but the engine is better. I saw one powerstroke drop a valve at 30k and another loose a wrist pin bushing at 70k and they eat turbos all the time. That being said they are sweet trucks, it would be tough for me to decide between a new ford or dodge.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
f9ea24c61a3faa2766df55a273841639.jpg

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Thats a shame because the 68RFE is a piece of shit and not even in the same league as the 6R140. I'd pay the 60+ grand in a second for the 6.7 powerstroke over buying the dodge anyday of the week

Agreed 110%.

The wife loves her rig. Its pretty mild with H&S Mini and all deletes but overall the truck gets an A.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
The 68rfe does suck but the engine is better. I saw one powerstroke drop a valve at 30k and another loose a wrist pin bushing at 70k and they eat turbos all the time. That being said they are sweet trucks, it would be tough for me to decide between a new ford or dodge.

you are correct, early design 6.7 strokes eat turbos. The main reason why most guys with the earlier once upgrade the turbo setups to the newer design. Also, i agree the cummins is a great motor, I drive both on a daily basis. However, as a complete package.. Ride quality, accessories, looks, transmission, interior.. In my mind there is no comparison between the two. The 6R140 is probably one of the best transmissions to come off an assembly line since our beloved Allison... Weather it's a "racing" transmission or not has yet to be proven

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Thats a shame because the 68RFE is a piece of shit and not even in the same league as the 6R140. I'd pay the 60+ grand in a second for the 6.7 powerstroke over buying the dodge anyday of the week

Why is the 68rfe a piece of shit? It holds modest power fine and with tuning shifts great. For tuned and deleted trucks I think it's a pretty decent trans

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Why is the 68rfe a piece of shit? It holds modest power fine and with tuning shifts great. For tuned and deleted trucks I think it's a pretty decent trans

The 68RFE was designed after a 604 trans which was used in the Dodge Caravan. It stands no chance of living behind any kind of hp. It's a loser.