6.7 PStroke

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Let's not forget all the electrical bs to deal with on dodges. That is the main thing we deal with on them. And the emissions systems. We have yet to see 6.7 Powerstroke engine or turbo failure. Some of what we maintain get worked hard too.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Mine does fine at 500rwhp? Has for 35k miles I don't think there great for high hp applications but deleted and tuned there fine.

Anything beyond tuned and deleted they are a legit crap shoot. The pressure sensors aren't the best and fail quite often, the valve bodies have had more revisions than any transmission in history, cross leaks, pressure problems, inconsistent component parts. i could go on about this for ever. Notice how everything i've listed comes from...... The Factory!!!

Anyone installing them absolutely has to be super anal about EVERYTHING, checking main harness connector pins, cleaning, greasing, fill procedures the list goes on. People burn them up before even getting them off the rack (which isn't the transmissions fault) but still puts a bad taste in the mouth. I've been around these for quite a while now and have been apart of the development here at SunCoast of them So if it comes down to me buying a Dodge, ford or chevy. The dodge is dead last.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
what about the aisin trans you can get in the 3500s? always been curious about those

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
what about the aisin trans you can get in the 3500s? always been curious about those

I saw the option for the 3500 Ram with a Cummins for a 6 speed manual, 6 speed auto and then a 6 speed Aisin HD Auto.
Here is a little blurb on them. Looks like the Aisin is a 66RFE that has provisions for a PTO and a steeper first gear. Otherwise the same. http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/68RFE.html

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I saw the option for the 3500 Ram with a Cummins for a 6 speed manual, 6 speed auto and then a 6 speed Aisin HD Auto.
Here is a little blurb on them. Looks like the Aisin is a 66RFE that has provisions for a PTO and a steeper first gear. Otherwise the same. http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/68RFE.html

Wrong Dale. It's a totaly different trans. Not made for hot rodding either.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Just going by what I read in that link. Supposedly they share some parts with each other but it says it is a lighter duty trans than the 68.
Don't really care, I'll never own a truck with one lol.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

well i figured that lol. i was always under the assumtion it was a good towing trans like the allison is. whats their internal design close to or is it a completely different setup compared to the allison or even 68rfe? really just curious in its workings as you dont hear about them, that may be a bad thing lol

Absolutely hate it I think there a bigger pos then a 68rfe ever could be they shift stupid and the gearing just fells weird to me.

really? i loved the way it shifted and drove over the 68 ive been in. your just a weird one jake :D :hug:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
well i figured that lol. i was always under the assumtion it was a good towing trans like the allison is. whats their internal design close to or is it a completely different setup compared to the allison or even 68rfe? really just curious in its workings as you dont hear about them, that may be a bad thing lol

really? i loved the way it shifted and drove over the 68 ive been in. your just a weird one jake :D :hug:

Have you ever been in a tuned 68?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yup, just a couple weeks ago I rode in one. It was better than the stock one but still had shitty shifts.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The 68RFE was designed after a 604 trans which was used in the Dodge Caravan. It stands no chance of living behind any kind of hp. It's a loser.

Dodge Caravan trans. Lol. Im gonna have some fun with my cummins buddies with this piece of info... bahaha...

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I have. They shift great till they have to get winched up a flatbed. They have the exact same damage as the Dodge Caravan 604 trans.
The valve bodies wear out prematurely as do the pumps. They can not be fixed.

I thought the 42rle based of the liberty trans was the fwd unit converted to rear wheel.

And the 68 was based off the 545rfe. All those unit seem to be problem childs and the only dodge trans i like is the 727 46/47/48 4 speed which are great.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I like my 14 6.7 pretty good. It's deleted and I put a billet 64mm turbo on it. Runs decent for a lifted truck but I will say this, having had two duramaxs before, the tuning is not there for the ford platform like efi live. That's really the only complaint I have is trying to get the tuning right is a joke compared to efi. I think the ford feels more solid then the Chevy but if I was wanting to make big power again it would always be a Chevy platform.

As for the dodge conversation... Everything dodge makes is a piece of shit, straight out of the scrap pile at the land fill is where they are produced.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I would drive a 6.7 for sure. Not the 6.0 or 6.4 however. There is alot to like about the Ford. A Dodge however I wouldn't drive it to move it off my shnuts. Those damn tow mirrors guys are taking years off my life with agitation. Everyone has their thing, and moose sightings for some reason make me wanna punch infants. OP I'm interested to see the Ford if you end up with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I would drive a 6.7 for sure. Not the 6.0 or 6.4 however. There is alot to like about the Ford. A Dodge however I wouldn't drive it to move it off my shnuts. Those damn tow mirrors guys are taking years off my life with agitation. Everyone has their thing, and moose sightings for some reason make me wanna punch infants. OP I'm interested to see the Ford if you end up with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmfao! That's some funny chit

tripleturbo

Feb 27, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Even the commercial guy at the dealer said the 6.4 was a piece of shit lol he said the problem they are having now is people putting DEF fluid in the gas tank and it crystallizes the fuel and they have to replace the whole fuel system from the tank up. 16000 dollar fix that's not under warranty lol idiots. He said it's so much of a problem ford actually makes a kit for it now lol

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
Even the commercial guy at the dealer said the 6.4 was a piece of shit lol he said the problem they are having now is people putting DEF fluid in the gas tank and it crystallizes the fuel and they have to replace the whole fuel system from the tank up. 16000 dollar fix that's not under warranty lol idiots. He said it's so much of a problem ford actually makes a kit for it now lol

People are so stupid now it's incredible. I've heard of this happening also. But in retrospect how many of those idiots would be pouring def fluid all over the side of the fender and all over everything under the hood trying to put it in a Chevy. Not trying to start a Chevy vs ford war at all, I just would rather not have a huge def tank hanging out under the passenger door but I can see the downside to having the filler neck right beside the fuel cap. And yes 6.4's are the biggest pieces of shit ford has ever made. I've replaced many 6.4 motors.