2nd gear start tcm tune

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
My truck tends to shift into first if I am rolling and not on the throttle. The second I pull in to stage and start to spool it always stays in second. Luckily mine only starts in second with tow haul on.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Must be nice having a 6spd! Of the 3 files I have ran, I had to change the shift speed to zero mph in every mode for it to respond. So no regular / TH mode split for me so far :(
When I made the dyno tune for my transmission, I discovered that EFILive has mis-labeled the modes, badly! I wrote down what they really are, but can't find the note at the moment. I'll look when I get home. Once you know what the modes actually do, it works great.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
When I made the dyno tune for my transmission, I discovered that EFILive has mis-labeled the modes, badly! I wrote down what they really are, but can't find the note at the moment. I'll look when I get home. Once you know what the modes actually do, it works great.

That would be awesome! Out of all the old threads I looked through for shift point adjustment and 2nd gear tunes this was never mentioned (that I saw). Wouldn't it be really easy for EFI to fix that?

4lo and TH are swapped!

Is that for everything? Wot shift points too?

I don't know how you guys figure stuff like that out, I'd be bald from pulling my hair

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I got it figured out. I was just to nervous when testing it. If you click tow haul in while rolling to the staging lights it automatically goes into 2nd then you can start applying throttle. But from a stop in t/h and hitting the throttle causes my truck to bang into 2nd.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
So did you do a test hit yet ? What's your Butt Dyno tell ya ?

Way smoother that's for sure. I left at 30psi once. Feels really nice as that first gear hit is now gone. I'm on 305 420s but I'm sure when I throw the 30x14s on it will help out a lot. But now I can hold it back now. I did notice temps rose a bit more faster launching in 2nd but that's understandable.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
That would be awesome! Out of all the old threads I looked through for shift point adjustment and 2nd gear tunes this was never mentioned (that I saw). Wouldn't it be really easy for EFI to fix that?

Is that for everything? Wot shift points too?

I don't know how you guys figure stuff like that out, I'd be bald from pulling my hair

Columns B and D are swapped on all of them from what I can tell! I usually set all of them the same so I don't have pull my hair out and cuss. In other words, I set Normal mode the way I want it, then set b,c, and d to the way I want TH mode to act. I never use 4lo so it doesn't bother me to have the columns set the same.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Columns B and D are swapped on all of them from what I can tell! I usually set all of them the same so I don't have pull my hair out and cuss. In other words, I set Normal mode the way I want it, then set b,c, and d to the way I want TH mode to act. I never use 4lo so it doesn't bother me to have the columns set the same.

Yes, would probably be easier to do it that way!

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
So Crenshaw, it should lower your 60' since you won't have that 1-2 shift should also help your 1/8 & 1/4 since your eliminating that 1-2 shift and the granny gear that moves us a whole 10-15 feet

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
For shits and giggles I made a 2nd gear start tune. I assigned it to tow/haul mode while in M2.

Unless I made an error, it has an odd glitch; no usual part throttle lockup in tow/haul.

I'll have to look it over tonight. I just flashed and ran out of the house

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
LOL I figured it out. I made a change to the slip table and there's some kind of a glitch that FUBAR's part-throttle lockup in T/H. I used to run 3000rpm in that table (all three entries). When I did this tune, I used 8000rpm and it was the root of my problem. I moved it back to 3k rpm and everything works. I get 2nd gear start in M2 T/H only, and otherwise my trans acts exactly the way that it used to. :thumb:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
My truck tends to shift into first if I am rolling and not on the throttle. The second I pull in to stage and start to spool it always stays in second. Luckily mine only starts in second with tow haul on.

So Crenshaw, it should lower your 60' since you won't have that 1-2 shift should also help your 1/8 & 1/4 since your eliminating that 1-2 shift and the granny gear that moves us a whole 10-15 feet

What converters are y'all running? I'm running a 1055

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Mine is in my Sig . Georend LL converter. In 2nd gear start it will stall to 3400--3500. Last run I made on Tune 3 the tires held . Question is will they hold in Tune 5 . We'll find out this Friday weather permitting.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
LOL I figured it out. I made a change to the slip table and there's some kind of a glitch that FUBAR's part-throttle lockup in T/H. I used to run 3000rpm in that table (all three entries). When I did this tune, I used 8000rpm and it was the root of my problem. I moved it back to 3k rpm and everything works. I get 2nd gear start in M2 T/H only, and otherwise my trans acts exactly the way that it used to. :thumb:

Hum, I'll have to give this a whirl!