2017 Duramax

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Put a scanner on it and report back. The stock gauges are basically glorified idiot lights. If you ever compare a scanner reading to gauge reading, you'll just shake your head at how far apart they are at times.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Do the '17s have a manual regen option like the '15 and up power strokes have? My work truck can be manually done, but it's only when the DPF is 100% full.

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Do the '17s have a manual regen option like the '15 and up power strokes have? My work truck can be manually done, but it's only when the DPF is 100% full.

This doesn't make sense, the truck is going to initiate a regen long before it's 100% full, so why would you ever have to manually initiate it?

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
I work in the oilfield where it idles for hours at a time. You don't always have time to go drive it 40-50 miles to clean the filter. When it shows full you can manually start a regen. It revs up to about 2000 rpm and does a good cleaning. Unlike previous years where it attempts to do a regen at normal idle rpms which caused lots of issues with sensors and DPFs.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
On the Denali, I have not seen a manual regen. It may pop up if the DPF gets to a certain percentage.

One of the Duramax Techs or guys that work for GM may have more knowledge of that.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
If the 17 does manual regen I'll go trade my 16 in tomorrow. I hate that I can not control when I want it to regen, it seems I'm always hooked to a trailer with 40 soot grams and as soon as I unhook it jumps to 44 and starts the process. Plus, it seems to only run the cycle to about 6 or 8 grams and stops, I know a full regen to 0 would be much better for economy....

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
If the 17 does manual regen I'll go trade my 16 in tomorrow. I hate that I can not control when I want it to regen, it seems I'm always hooked to a trailer with 40 soot grams and as soon as I unhook it jumps to 44 and starts the process. Plus, it seems to only run the cycle to about 6 or 8 grams and stops, I know a full regen to 0 would be much better for economy....

A CTS2 with the latest update now gives you the option to manually initiate regen...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Without tuning? I have a cts now, looks like ill be buying a new one now...:D

I would assume it works with or without tuning, since the CTS2 has no idea if you're deleted or not. Rewording this: I'm deleted, so I'm sure it will be available on the stock trucks as well... CTS2 has nothing to do with tuning...

You're talking on 16 model?

I've got a '15, but I'd think it would be same on a '16...

I'll grab a picture of the option on the CTS2... Edge is still working on support for the L5P, hopefully the manual regen will be integrated right away...

Last edited:

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
picture.php

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
What's your mpg on average highway speed approx 60mph?

TXGREEK

65-70 seems to be that sweet spot for gas mileage. At 60 I'd probably experience slightly more lugging upgrade, but on my way to work tomorrow I'll record some data at 60 mph for you and post a picture if that works?

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I'm also very interested in the mpg.
I'll be getting a new cclb 2500 l5p work truck in 2 weeks!
Going from a cclb 2550 06 which has pulled our welding rig 11 years now everyday 5 days a week avg 14 mpg at 70mph after deletes and a box tune
Anything above 70 and it starts falling off fast that is also in 5th gear not 6

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Last several tanks I've seen mid to upper 17's.. Just put on some bigger tires so I'm sure it'll go down a little.. And also I've been driving a fair bit of two lane roads at 64 mph so once I start driving four lane more it'll pry go down a little more too.. I've been happy with the mileage though for a stock bigger pickup like these..