2017 Duramax

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Has anyone put the L5P and the 17 powerstroke together and drag raced, timed trailer pull competition?

We've got identical Bobcat T770's and Felling trailers T15 trailer. All I need to source is some guy with a new powerstroke lol

I'd say thats about 14k pounds between the CTL and the trailer.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Any of ya'll browse DF any? Somebody had a turbo go out on there L5p, under a 1,000 miles if I remember right..

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
Budy brought his into to Dealer for service. Couldn't change fuel filter because they needed to order filters. Good news I guess fuel filter location is moved to near tank now.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Dealer sent me a picture of mine as it showed up today. looks like I'll be picking it up Sunday after they check everything out. Ordered on Black Friday, so a little over two months to build and deliver.

7c24b79aa84e635a003f07ba00b7be2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Test drove a WT 4x4 model yesterday and attempted to buy. Was pretty sweet for the lower trim and I loved the way it drove but just couldn't quite come to terms with the dealer.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Dealer sent me a picture of mine as it showed up today. looks like I'll be picking it up Sunday after they check everything out. Ordered on Black Friday, so a little over two months to build and deliver.
7c24b79aa84e635a003f07ba00b7be2a.jpg

I was hoping the blue was going to be lighter like the alaskan package at the auto show

Eric91z

Feb 8, 2015
Not sure if there are two blue options, but saw a '17 dually High Country, in the sun, and the blue looked lighter then and really has some "pop" to it. Looked very nice!

TXGREEK

Jan 28, 2017
You'll love it but please make sure to communicate with GM about all and any issues that you may encounter with the new motor and trans. You'll LOVE your Duramax, congrats!

TXGREEK

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I was hoping the blue was going to be lighter like the alaskan package at the auto show

The blue is a lighter color, but it's pretty sweet, in low light conditions it looks dark. In the sun, it changes shades as you walk around it. Going from my LBZ to this truck is a whole different animal, I almost feel like I'm in the cockpit of a plane with all the switches and functions. The front end feels much bigger, and will take a little bit to get used to judging how close I am to things. My old LBZ I could throw around and drive it like a go kart, this one does not feel like it will handle the road like that . The drive is very nice, and very quite inside. The new motor does have what sounds like injector function/rattle at low speeds, I can hear it leaving from a stop until about 15-20mph. I didn't notice any deceleration rattle like others have mentioned. The truck throttle response and mid range is on point, and really does feel like GM spent some extra time on the tuning this time around. So far I'm very happy with the purchase, even though I was pretty attached to my LBZ. For those wondering, you can get these $70k loaded High Country trucks for $58k, only thing I didn't order was rear entertainment pkg . I have a post on DF, where everybody is keeping track of "Out the door" pricing.., for others to know what to bargin for model wise.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
The blue is a lighter color, but it's pretty sweet, in low light conditions it looks dark. In the sun, it changes shades as you walk around it. Going from my LBZ to this truck is a whole different animal, I almost feel like I'm in the cockpit of a plane with all the switches and functions. The front end feels much bigger, and will take a little bit to get used to judging how close I am to things. My old LBZ I could throw around and drive it like a go kart, this one does not feel like it will handle the road like that . The drive is very nice, and very quite inside. The new motor does have what sounds like injector function/rattle at low speeds, I can hear it leaving from a stop until about 15-20mph. I didn't notice any deceleration rattle like others have mentioned. The truck throttle response and mid range is on point, and really does feel like GM spent some extra time on the tuning this time around. So far I'm very happy with the purchase, even though I was pretty attached to my LBZ. For those wondering, you can get these $70k loaded High Country trucks for $58k, only thing I didn't order was rear entertainment pkg . I have a post on DF, where everybody is keeping track of "Out the door" pricing.., for others to know what to bargin for model wise.
Looks good, but on the deceleration noise mine didn't start doing it until I got a few hundred miles on it... It's worse now at 3500 miles then it was a 2000 even..

Those of you that live in cold country, has anybody noticed a weird sound every once in a while when it's in elevated idle mode? Like waste gate opens up for a bit or something? I thought something was going wrong first time I heard it.. Maybe it is lol but no engine lights yet..

Or does it not have a waste gate? I can't remember and don't really know a lot about the new turbo..

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
Installed Morimoto XB fogs...they blend into the factory projectors nicely and match the DRLs. Zero glare compared to the LEDs I had in the factory housing in the second picture, and great width to the beam battern. Weathertech floor mats, and I got to test this Billet 2.5 inch hitch with a 7/8 inch Shackle setup I got from Spliced and my new Bubba rope. Pulled my buddy's Ford-550 plow truck when it slid on an off camber section of this driveway into a ditch. Zero frame jerk and stress on the vehicles was minimal.

Attachments

• IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 115