2017 Duramax

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
Looks good, but on the deceleration noise mine didn't start doing it until I got a few hundred miles on it... It's worse now at 3500 miles then it was a 2000 even..

Those of you that live in cold country, has anybody noticed a weird sound every once in a while when it's in elevated idle mode? Like waste gate opens up for a bit or something? I thought something was going wrong first time I heard it.. Maybe it is lol but no engine lights yet..

Or does it not have a waste gate? I can't remember and don't really know a lot about the new turbo..

Yeah I've experienced the same blow back sound in high idle

walleyerod

Aug 22, 2014
4b33c64927e4a8b6877d1c517da854a1.jpg

Signing the papers today :woot:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEY! That's my truck!

PIG

favorite mistake
Aug 2, 2010
central PA
Stopped by the local dealer to pick up a brochure and noticed it said 8 speed I thought they are still a 6 speed Allison
54014359c4731a453f3bfc2b2067208c.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Far as i know, the new dmax also doesnt have variable valve timing.

someone messed up that brochure big time. its still a 6 speed allison for the 17s

EL_B_Zee07

Warranty Voider
Dec 4, 2015
This is mpg on a 2016 chevy 2500 crew 4x4 z71 with a six speed Allison Transmission 60-65 mph. Wonder if the new 2017 model with the 8 speed is any better?
TXGREEK

I did a 25 mile circuit at 65 and averaged 21.8mpg and thats with the front valance removed

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I test drove one a couple weeks ago. It was awesome, obviously.

TC lockup schedule is aggressive and a bit odd. I found myself looking down a few times to make sure I wasnt in tow/haul.

Prostrok

Feb 10, 2017
i just got my 17 Denali 2 weeks ago. Sold the 15 with only 13k on her. I noticed instantly the insane injector rattle when cold and take off . I sent GM an email about it. They've contacted me and want me to take it in for a look. Oil pressure Varies a lot also seems like. 90 cold to 30 hot. Mighty big swing I feel like. Tranny shifts are very noticeable and sometimes slightly brutal for a guy with a light foot. I'll definitely keep you guys up to date on any changes they may make in my tune to possibly get rid of the noise. With many complaints they'll have a recall for it shortly

The drive is very nice, and very quite inside. The new motor does have what sounds like injector function/rattle at low speeds, I can hear it leaving from a stop until about 15-20mph. I didn't notice any deceleration rattle like others have mentioned. The truck throttle response and mid range is on point, and really does feel like GM spent some extra time on the tuning this time around. So far I'm very happy with the purchase, even though I was pretty attached to my LBZ. For those wondering, you can get these $70k loaded High Country trucks for $58k, only thing I didn't order was rear entertainment pkg . I have a post on DF, where everybody is keeping track of "Out the door" pricing.., for others to know what to bargin for model wise.[/QUOTE]

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
i just got my 17 Denali 2 weeks ago. Sold the 15 with only 13k on her. I noticed instantly the insane injector rattle when cold and take off . I sent GM an email about it. They've contacted me and want me to take it in for a look. Oil pressure Varies a lot also seems like. 90 cold to 30 hot. Mighty big swing I feel like. Tranny shifts are very noticeable and sometimes slightly brutal for a guy with a light foot. I'll definitely keep you guys up to date on any changes they may make in my tune to possibly get rid of the noise. With many complaints they'll have a recall for it shortly

The drive is very nice, and very quite inside. The new motor does have what sounds like injector function/rattle at low speeds, I can hear it leaving from a stop until about 15-20mph. I didn't notice any deceleration rattle like others have mentioned. The truck throttle response and mid range is on point, and really does feel like GM spent some extra time on the tuning this time around. So far I'm very happy with the purchase, even though I was pretty attached to my LBZ. For those wondering, you can get these $70k loaded High Country trucks for $58k, only thing I didn't order was rear entertainment pkg . I have a post on DF, where everybody is keeping track of "Out the door" pricing.., for others to know what to bargin for model wise.
[/QUOTE]
My lb7 runs at high 80s cold and 30s hot. Don't think it's out of the ordinary on ur l5p.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk