1085hp 1800ftlbs in White Lightning with twins!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Mark, no matter what your truck weighs, it is one impressive vehicle. Good luck to you in your quest for 9's. :thumb:

With the extra power now available, what are you planning to do about the suspension to get the truck to hook?

Thanks Tom, means alot coming from you! Was seriously thinking about that myself. My 10.96 pass was the best my truck has ever felt from the launch to the top end it was smooth and it hooked. It has always in the past kinda wondered around on the slicks because I didn't have enough ass to get them to do their job. Also on the passes at TS I was letting the tcm shift the trany itself at a lower rpm because I wasn't able to tapshift it fast enough. Now my power curve is alot fatter and I have a ton of power in the 4k+ range so it should help it to hook up if I run the rpms up higher in the first two shifts. Part of my weight problem is the fact that the truck is 2wd. My driveshaft is a heavy custom steel one-piece 1480 yoked with internal splined slip joint and my damn slicks weigh 98lbs each. I have steel driveshaft loops and shields. There is a lot I could do to loose the weight but honestly I don't have the time or money or desire, it's my daily driver not a "race" truck. Everyone is trying to get me to cage it but I refuse to do it because after climbing in and out of Jeff Dean's truck and riding around in Brett's 69 I don't want to deal with that everyday. I'm going to see how close to the 9's it will get but my trany will probably give me the biggest issues getiing there. We will see either way.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
(OK Highest on cast with a VVT)
What is that number?
Who has it?

Brett's 69 C10 has the cast oval pistons and same twins I do and it did 1105hp with the tires white smoking on my dyno. He is the highest that I know about. Maybe I should max this pump out and see if I can beat that number...:spit:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
It's not going to take much for you to get there, I can't wait to see you add another pump:thumb: Mark, how far do you think someone could get with a 10mm stroker pump?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
It's not going to take much for you to get there, I can't wait to see you add another pump:thumb: Mark, how far do you think someone could get with a 10mm stroker pump?

Another pump will not help me out as my injectors are my restriction right now. The 10mm cp3 I got 788hp with the 72mm so you may be able to get 800hp with the perfect setup.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Where did you find a 1480 yoke for a 2wd Allison? Still can not find one. Just had a 4 inch driveshaft made and had to use a 1410 in the front. Are you running a 4 link?

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Nice job!

You don't want a roll bar in something you are going to drive! Mine also has a 1480 shaft but it come that way from the factory. I tell everyone mine was a special order race truck! lol

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Last set of scales it went across was at the World finals in Kansas 2 yrs ago and it said 6040lbs with me in it. My truck is a heavy pig so what? I guess I don't get the arguement here guys??? Tim, are you mad that I ran a 10 second pass on a vgt turbo and 1 cp3 on fuel only or because it made 1085hp with twins on 1 cp3 fuel only, I'm confused what your problem is??? Regardless of dyno numbers and all that, I have a 10sec daily driver on 1 cp3 fuel only and the slip to prove it and did it in front of a national crowd, what more do you want?

I'm not mad at all Mark, I think it got blown a little out of proportion. I'm stoked that the Exergy cp3 is proving to work. I had very similar goals to you a couple years ago and unfortunately chose to get porked by II instead. I still have 1 of their cp3's that still works thankfully. I was questioning the actual weight of the truck, not the truck and whatever is piled in it that day, it was that simple. You change your truck's setup very often, so to throw out a vague statement like that, I felt like it should be clarified...thank you.

Best Wishes,
Tim

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I dont remember the flow numbers off the top of my head, but I do remember the graph continuing to climb past 3200 rpm where the other manufacturer's would hold constant or drop (including stock, same drive)

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Thanks Tom, means alot coming from you! Was seriously thinking about that myself. My 10.96 pass was the best my truck has ever felt from the launch to the top end it was smooth and it hooked. It has always in the past kinda wondered around on the slicks because I didn't have enough ass to get them to do their job. Also on the passes at TS I was letting the tcm shift the trany itself at a lower rpm because I wasn't able to tapshift it fast enough. Now my power curve is alot fatter and I have a ton of power in the 4k+ range so it should help it to hook up if I run the rpms up higher in the first two shifts. Part of my weight problem is the fact that the truck is 2wd. My driveshaft is a heavy custom steel one-piece 1480 yoked with internal splined slip joint and my damn slicks weigh 98lbs each. I have steel driveshaft loops and shields. There is a lot I could do to loose the weight but honestly I don't have the time or money or desire, it's my daily driver not a "race" truck. Everyone is trying to get me to cage it but I refuse to do it because after climbing in and out of Jeff Dean's truck and riding around in Brett's 69 I don't want to deal with that everyday. I'm going to see how close to the 9's it will get but my trany will probably give me the biggest issues getiing there. We will see either way.

Great job man!

Wish I had a track that would let me go fast without a cage. I went 11.2 on accident and got kicked off til I got my cage done.

But no way would I go 10s without a cage lol especially not 9s.

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
Mark

What were your total boost, 483 boost, drive, and egt numbers on that dyno pull. Would interesting to compare with my setup. I have as much fuel as you do, but a much larger atmosphere charger.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Mark

What were your total boost, 483 boost, drive, and egt numbers on that dyno pull. Would interesting to compare with my setup. I have as much fuel as you do, but a much larger atmosphere charger.

Verlon,
I had 60psi total boost and 100psi drive 25-30psi atmosphere and 1500egts. Brett's got same setup and sees 80-84psi total boost with 30psi atmosphere and 125psi drive on Kodiak mainfolds and uppipes.

Monday I will post up the flow sheet for the cp3's from Exergy. It makes it alot easier to understand. I feel your pain Tim on the II crap, we found out really quickly that they are not a wise choice.

Dustin,
People ride motor cycles without a helmet all the time! That's far more dangerous than going fast in a truck! All that cage is is false sense of security in my eyes and as Jeff pointed out it's not something you want in a daily driver.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Verlon,
I had 60psi total boost and 100psi drive 25-30psi atmosphere and 1500egts. Brett's got same setup and sees 80-84psi total boost with 30psi atmosphere and 125psi drive on Kodiak mainfolds and uppipes.

Monday I will post up the flow sheet for the cp3's from Exergy. It makes it alot easier to understand. I feel your pain Tim on the II crap, we found out really quickly that they are not a wise choice.

Dustin,
People ride motor cycles without a helmet all the time! That's far more dangerous than going fast in a truck! All that cage is is false sense of security in my eyes and as Jeff pointed out it's not something you want in a daily driver.

I agree and that's why I drive a truck and don't ride those death wishes LOL