1/8 mile discussion and time slips post here!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Paul Vasko’s new railcar combo made a big hit at UCC and was a very consistent combo! His best was a 4.376 @ 168.53mph! Car is 2450lbs with him in it. The new setup is controlled by a Motec from S&S that Andre Dusek setup for us so if you could please put his name with mine on it I would appreciate it! Once we get the bar on it we will really start getting after it!IMG_0922.jpeg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I figured, but nope it went down the track. Was pretty ugly but good enough to move up one haha. Last update for a while I’m going to guess

Was it the same one where you ran the square body? I saw the launch on that one. She had a couple hard hops for sure.

You got some more to do to her or other projects to tackle?

whitt_built

May 19, 2023
Florida
Thanks for updating, should have added all my info. You can delete #8 that’s me and now is a duplicate.

Wyatt Stengel, 1970 K15, LB7/4L80e, 4445lbs, tuners on the truck are Mark B, Jeff H and Buddy C.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 19

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Thanks for updating, should have added all my info. You can delete #8 that’s me and now is a duplicate.

Wyatt Stengel, 1970 K15, LB7/4L80e, 4445lbs, tuners on the truck are Mark B, Jeff H and Buddy C.
Now we just need @MarkBroviak to bring his pro mod back out and reset the #6 spot a bit deeper haha.

Killer job this weekend for all of you guys. Seemed like quite a few PBs were achieved. Paul's rail running low 4s on his first full pass blew my mind!

whitt_built

May 19, 2023
Florida
Was it the same one where you ran the square body? I saw the launch on that one. She had a couple hard hops for sure.

You got some more to do to her or other projects to tackle?
It was. We have to fix the transmission, self inflicted wound. Learned a lot this weekend though and going to make some changes to the truck for the next race and see if we can’t get it to go even quicker 🤘🏻 maybe paint it soon also

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'll update tonight when I get home
I think I got it updated. Hopefully I didn't screw it up. I also added links to time slip images for a couple that got missed (I didn't look for anything older than Oct 2020 because that's when the format was redone and we started requiring actual images of time slips).

Speaking of redoing the list rules and format, I think we should revisit the requirements for the list. Back when it was being discussed, myself and a couple of others wanted to see the minimum time to get on the list to be a 5.99 or quicker. At the time, there weren't too many duramax powered vehicles (be it OE applications, swaps, or otherwise) running that quick, but if you look at the list now, there are 18 vehicles that are quicker than 5.99 on it, and it looks like the majority of those are actual trucks that started life with a Duramax which is pretty cool in my opinion. I think the 1/4 mile list should be left as is because it is a sort of history for the Duramax, but I think the 1/8 mile list should be a little more serious. I'm not saying it is cheap or easy to run a 6.69, but I don't think anyone would argue that getting in the 5s is a whole different ballgame. I also feel that dropping the required time makes the list more relevant to current cutting edge performance. If you look at the list, 17 of the current 51 entries (33.3%) on there come from before October 2020, and of those 17, only 3 of them are in the top 18 (16.6%) that comprise the 5.99 and quicker entries. I think that in itself is a good indicator of how these trucks have progressed in the past few years. I am not trying to diminish the accomplishments of the guys in 6.69-5.99 range, but if they want to be on a list, they should be able to find a 1/4 mile track and get on that list without any trouble. That's my opinion of it, and I thought I would bring it up for discussion.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think I got it updated. Hopefully I didn't screw it up. I also added links to time slip images for a couple that got missed (I didn't look for anything older than Oct 2020 because that's when the format was redone and we started requiring actual images of time slips).
Looks pretty good. Only found a few formatting errors that you don't see right away when looking at the list but show up when copying and pasting from the excel sheet. all fixed. I also added the hyperlinks to the timeslips you put in, into my excel sheet so I don't accidently erase them from the site during my next edit

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana

Speaking of redoing the list rules and format, I think we should revisit the requirements for the list. Back when it was being discussed, myself and a couple of others wanted to see the minimum time to get on the list to be a 5.99 or quicker. At the time, there weren't too many duramax powered vehicles (be it OE applications, swaps, or otherwise) running that quick, but if you look at the list now, there are 18 vehicles that are quicker than 5.99 on it, and it looks like the majority of those are actual trucks that started life with a Duramax which is pretty cool in my opinion. I think the 1/4 mile list should be left as is because it is a sort of history for the Duramax, but I think the 1/8 mile list should be a little more serious. I'm not saying it is cheap or easy to run a 6.69, but I don't think anyone would argue that getting in the 5s is a whole different ballgame. I also feel that dropping the required time makes the list more relevant to current cutting edge performance. If you look at the list, 17 of the current 51 entries (33.3%) on there come from before October 2021, and of those 17, only 3 of them are in the top 18 (16.6%) that comprise the 5.99 and quicker entries. I think that in itself is a good indicator of how these trucks have progressed in the past few years. I am not trying to diminish the accomplishments of the guys in 6.69-5.99 range, but if they want to be on a list, they should be able to find a 1/4 mile track and get on that list without any trouble. That's my opinion of it, and I thought I would bring it up for discussion.
I can see what you mean on this and I agree with you sir! I have a bunch of guys that will have to step their game up to get back on the list then!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

Speaking of redoing the list rules and format, I think we should revisit the requirements for the list. Back when it was being discussed, myself and a couple of others wanted to see the minimum time to get on the list to be a 5.99 or quicker. At the time, there weren't too many duramax powered vehicles (be it OE applications, swaps, or otherwise) running that quick, but if you look at the list now, there are 18 vehicles that are quicker than 5.99 on it, and it looks like the majority of those are actual trucks that started life with a Duramax which is pretty cool in my opinion. I think the 1/4 mile list should be left as is because it is a sort of history for the Duramax, but I think the 1/8 mile list should be a little more serious. I'm not saying it is cheap or easy to run a 6.69, but I don't think anyone would argue that getting in the 5s is a whole different ballgame. I also feel that dropping the required time makes the list more relevant to current cutting edge performance. If you look at the list, 17 of the current 51 entries (33.3%) on there come from before October 2021, and of those 17, only 3 of them are in the top 18 (16.6%) that comprise the 5.99 and quicker entries. I think that in itself is a good indicator of how these trucks have progressed in the past few years. I am not trying to diminish the accomplishments of the guys in 6.69-5.99 range, but if they want to be on a list, they should be able to find a 1/4 mile track and get on that list without any trouble. That's my opinion of it, and I thought I would bring it up for discussion.

I can see what you mean on this and I agree with you sir! I have a bunch of guys that will have to step their game up to get back on the list then!
Personally I agree. I know I can get on the 1/4mi list with my itty bitty 364.5/480 turbo setup but I think the 1/8mi list should be updated for quicker time of entry as this is a list of the fastest duramax powered vehicles in the world.

5.99 is a great threshold to keep up with what is being done in the racing world today.

Reactions: MarkBroviak