New upgraded avnt 37 charger??????

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
I'm not running anybody off any site. So let me make sure we are crystal clear on this...

Your not running anybody off this site, just running down their products. Just so we're clear.

Are you 100% aware of all the failed modified chargers that have been sent back?

This is possibly the dumbest question I've heard in awhile. If I knew I was unaware of more failures, then would'nt I be aware of them???

If so, You are saying that you have had zero turbine wheel failures? what happened on the overspee
d units? just want to clarify...

Overspeed = bearing failure, clarified?

I'm not sure who you are talking about on DP??? care to elaborate?

Are you kidding me??

making ours look better? We dont make them. We are just a supporter of Garrett products.

I know you don't make them, but you sure as hell wanna sell them. :D

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
keep in mind guys dan did say that the modified turbos will fail not a matter of if but when. this implies to me and others from his comment that everyone of them will fail no matter what. not really a fair statement. this turbo could have as many failures maybe more than anyother vvt turbo. including danville who knows only time will tell. i do like the idea of the aftermarket veins though. and i have been waiting for fingers to confirm that they will work with the cheetah

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
dan i happen to remeber when my lift pump failed i called and talked to you directly you wanted me to send my lift pump back at a cost to me. no big deal. this is after i had to pay the bill to get my truck towed. not cheap. but what got me was when i asked what i was suppose to do with my truck while i didnt have a lift pump. maybe you could send me a new to use while mine was being worked on. or maybe you just send me a new one all together. instead you suggested that maybe i should just buy another one that way if it failed again i would have an extra to put on while the other was down. is this the fix that you speak of. then months later when i called to report odd operation of said pump. this after it was fixed you asked if i had it hooked up correctly. sometimes pump works sometimes pump doesnt work. i guess i should have bought another one that way when it doesnt work i can just change it out right before a pull or drag race. with all the extra time i have on my hands. then repeat when it happens again later :rolleyes:

This thread is not about lift pumps. I'm the one who recommended the 1792 after testing 4 different makes of pumps. I stand by my decision on which pump to run. If the pump fails, it can cost me $10,000 or more when I drop out of a race. I still run 1792's and will continue until someone produces something better. I haven't seen it.

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
This thread is about the Garrett AVNT3794? that PPE helped with and sells. It's not about Fleece Performance AVNT hybrids, there are lots of threads on that.

If you want to sell your chargers, start another thread. I've already had the same problems with Brayden that you are complaining about PPE doing. Well, worse really.

I've seen now where in here where I have tried to sell one of our chargers, nor have I ever said ours was better. Please show me were I did. I simply posted on this thread after your beloved PPE made a negative comment about our products. I think it was justified.
PPE sells quite a bit of HP modifications for your truck, and I wouldn't be surprised if you are running some.

I currently run absolutely nothing from PPE.

When nobody would make race stuff for LLY's, PPE stepped up to the plate. You didn't. TTS didn't. Edge didn't. Banks didn't. Predator didn't. Etc didn't.

I think Brayden makes some good stuff. But you should be careful about talking down to a shop that is far more responsible for getting Dmax performance where it is today than your shop is.

Or should I be careful about talking down to a shop that has it's name all over your truck???

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
dan i happen to remeber when my lift pump failed i called and talked to you directly you wanted me to send my lift pump back at a cost to me. no big deal. this is after i had to pay the bill to get my truck towed. not cheap. but what got me was when i asked what i was suppose to do with my truck while i didnt have a lift pump. maybe you could send me a new to use while mine was being worked on. or maybe you just send me a new one all together. instead you suggested that maybe i should just buy another one that way if it failed again i would have an extra to put on while the other was down. is this the fix that you speak of. then months later when i called to report odd operation of said pump. this after it was fixed you asked if i had it hooked up correctly. sometimes pump works sometimes pump doesnt work. i guess i should have bought another one that way when it doesnt work i can just change it out right before a pull or drag race. with all the extra time i have on my hands. then repeat when it happens again later :rolleyes:

So when you have a problem with your GM truck does GM send you a new one???

I'm not sure what you agenda is, Maybe you could shed some light on it...

Will you continue to feel the same way when your turbo fails?

I remeber your call. You called a couple of days before a big race/pull. You told me the pump failed, i told you to send it back and we would take care of it. You said you had an event in like 3 days, I advised you to purchase a new pump because the pump that failed was scratched up and you needed one ASAP (If I had a used pump I would of sent it to you for your event).

Did you send the pump in? Did it get repaired? Did it cost you anything other then shipping (we dont cover shipping unless it DOA out of the box).
Yes parts do fail, again that is what a warranty is for.

Thanks for your support!

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
keep in mind guys dan did say that the modified turbos will fail not a matter of if but when. this implies to me and others from his comment that everyone of them will fail no matter what. not really a fair statement. this turbo could have as many failures maybe more than anyother vvt turbo. including danville who knows only time will tell. i do like the idea of the aftermarket veins though. and i have been waiting for fingers to confirm that they will work with the cheetah

I did not say all modified turbo's will fail. Only the ones with NON AVNT turbine wheels when used in and AVNT charger...:D

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
Ok, let's get back to the topic....... When will we see back to back test of this turbo vs stocker??.... Dyno and drag testing results would probably satisfy most people.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
well dan i dont have an agenda. my earlier post stated that every company has failures. and no i would not expect gm to give me a new truck but i would expect them to take care of me since i did choose to give them my money. on the other hand i guess i just need to send the pump back in a couple of more time and then i can get a lemon law :rofl:. listen i like ppe they have done great things for our community. but your statement about how moddified stock turbos will fail was out of line. you might not have directly said danville & fleece turbos but everyone is aware that i swho you where talking about. maybe you could have used better words to sell your product. i hope your turbo does well i would like the chance to pull against one. hell i am a tech guy i would like to look at the inside of one just to see what was done compared to others
Sure....

The Garrett unit is engineered as a complete matched unit. Its not a stock/modified turbo that has unmatched parts put together. The unmatched parts are what are causing the failures of the modified stock turbo's that use a NON AVNT turbine wheel.

The difference? Garrett = engineered+tested = long life/reliability.
Others that use a non AVNT turbine Wheel = failure (its not if, its when)

Does this answer your question?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat
This thread is about the Garrett AVNT3794? that PPE helped with and sells. It's not about Fleece Performance AVNT hybrids, there are lots of threads on that.

If you want to sell your chargers, start another thread. I've already had the same problems with Brayden that you are complaining about PPE doing. Well, worse really.

I've seen now where in here where I have tried to sell one of our chargers, nor have I ever said ours was better. Please show me were I did. I simply posted on this thread after your beloved PPE made a negative comment about our products. I think it was justified.

When did I talk negatively about your Cheeta charger? I dont think i ever used the name CHEETA ever. My only comment was/is the failure of the NON AVNT turbine wheels in a AVNT charger

PPE sells quite a bit of HP modifications for your truck, and I wouldn't be surprised if you are running some.

Atleast not with out name on it.

When nobody would make race stuff for LLY's, PPE stepped up to the plate. You didn't. TTS didn't. Edge didn't. Banks didn't. Predator didn't. Etc didn't.

I think Brayden makes some good stuff. But you should be careful about talking down to a shop that is far more responsible for getting Dmax performance where it is today than your shop is.

Or should I be careful about talking down to a shop that has it's name all over your truck???

I guess I will use Blue now as you are now using Red. Is this what you call R&D? Find out what works then rob and duplicte?:rofl:

So is it customary for you to come into somebody home and spit in their face where you come from? :mad:

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
well dan i dont have an agenda. my earlier post stated that every company has failures. and no i would not expect gm to give me a new truck but i would expect them to take care of me since i did choose to give them my money. on the other hand i guess i just need to send the pump back in a couple of more time and then i can get a lemon law :rofl:. listen i like ppe they have done great things for our community. but your statement about how moddified stock turbos will fail was out of line. you might not have directly said danville & fleece turbos but everyone is aware that i swho you where talking about. maybe you could have used better words to sell your product. i hope your turbo does well i would like the chance to pull against one. hell i am a tech guy i would like to look at the inside of one just to see what was done compared to others

If you would like to continue the Lift pump discussion go here.... I would like to help. http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138053#post138053

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat

When did I talk negatively about your Cheeta charger? I dont think i ever used the name CHEETA ever. My only comment was/is the failure of the NON AVNT turbine wheels in a AVNT charger

It was very well implied.

Atleast not with out name on it.

No, NOTHING from PPE.

I guess I will use Blue now as you are now using Red. Is this what you call R&D? Find out what works then rob and duplicte?:rofl:

Again, you attack us and have no facts to back it up. Please tell me what we have robbed and duplicated. Please, let the world know.
So is it customary for you to come into somebody home and spit in their face where you come from? :mad:

Steve, I mean Dan, your doing right now what Pat hated about DP. Steve was allowed to have run of the site and Nick would do nothing. That is exactly what is going on here. I never put down your products, you have though put down ours. And I am the one being told to watch the way I am talking to you??? That's total BS. You can post whatever you like and nothing has been done because of your relationship with the owner of this site. I post nothing negative about you products and I get told to watch it??
WTF

And further more, I didn't think this was Pat's house, I thought it was ours??

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I like how you are allowed to run another supporting vendor of this site down to make yours look better. This remind anybody of a certian someone from DP?

If you are talking about me, then I take that as a compliment as in the end the lb7 charger that all your VNT customers tried to talk up didn't work and you all had to abandon. It is okay though, I knew all along I was right but too many of your chronies drank the kool-aid and were too blind to see it. :dancenana:

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
If you are talking about me, then I take that as a compliment as in the end the lb7 charger that all your VNT customers tried to talk up didn't work and you all had to abandon. It is okay though, I knew all along I was right but too many of your chronies drank the kool-aid and were too blind to see it. :dancenana:

I wasn't referencing you at all Josh. And Josh, I think you might wanna reread that thread. They did work and worked well, they just were'nt cost effective to make. I thought you and I put that behind us?? Don't make me put up all the pictures and newspaper clippings I have you on the wall in my secret room again Josh. :D:hug: