New upgraded avnt 37 charger??????

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I wasn't referencing you at all Josh. And Josh, I think you might wanna reread that thread. They did work and worked well, they just were'nt cost effective to make. I thought you and I put that behind us?? Don't make me put up all the pictures and newspaper clippings I have you on the wall in my secret room again Josh. :D:hug:

I am not even sure how to respond to that....:confused:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I wasn't referencing you at all Josh. And Josh, I think you might wanna reread that thread. They did work and worked well, they just were'nt cost effective to make. I thought you and I put that behind us?? Don't make me put up all the pictures and newspaper clippings I have you on the wall in my secret room again Josh. :D:hug:

What I think you don't understand is that Fleece Performance has been following PPE all over the internet hassling them about the AVNT. They brought it over here, and I'm about to stop it.

PPE does not control this board. Neither however does Fleece.

I've had less trouble moderating PPE than Fleece. I've had Fleece jumping it other vendor's threads selling stuff, but not PPE as much.

And I made sure the offender knew how we play here, so it's not accidental.

I don't think you're going to stop, I don't think you believe in fair play, and I don't think Fleece needs to be a vendor here if all they do is fight. Read your vendor agreement.

:hello:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Josh, plz don't run this thread any further off course, your name was not even mentioned, I don't see why you jumped in. But, I want to hear about the performance of this charger.

I have a LMM that might be happy with this guy.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I'm about as impartial as you can get on this board. I run no ones equipment so no one runs me. From reading this thread jneal you have been the adversarial person here not Dan. I can see though were Dan is getting close though but after that much antagonizing I would not blame him. Vendors don't control this board.... well basically i control this board. I have all the fun passwords. :D So please don't say that PPE or anyone has the run of the board because it just isn't so and never will be as long as I'm here. We try to give everyone as much leeway as we can when it comes to tech discussions. Sometimes some of the best information can be learned and/or ideas come up with during a civilized argument. You are close to being uncivilized.

I can and will give anyone a timeout and that includes Pat if he were to ever get out of hand. Would probably be a fun conversation between the 2 of us after the fact, but I would do it if it were warranted. :adminpower:

I will begin deleting replies before I close this thread because I think there is good information here and others want to find that information out. Everyone needs to calm down or I'll help, I'm good at that.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
wall.gif

Yup, Rob is "my boss", here.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Well if the two just want to argue...meet on neutral ground...both parties present...one truck two turbo's...have tests in a variety of conditions...street, pull, drag, dyno...and settle it...there is very few if any that have produced a product that didn't have failures. PPE has had theirs, Fleece has had theirs, but if it was delt with by the company then who cares as long as the customer is satisfied...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Or should I be careful about talking down to a shop that has it's name all over your truck???

OPPSS! How did I miss this little gem! :D

No, you should avoid calling folk stupid, regardless of whether your stickers are on their truck or not. I'm pretty sure NASA and JPL aren't calling you for advice.

I help many shops develop products, and PPE is one of them. But if you've been around Dmaxes awhile, you already know that.

OK folk, let's take this back on topic.

No further discussion in this thread about pizza ovens, nuclear handgrenades, fruit fly larvae, etc. It's discussing the Garrett charger listed.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Pat, a few pages back you had mentioned that you would like to get one of these units to test out. Have you got one yet to test on Blue yet?

I would like to hear some feedback on these turbo's from anyone to see how they compare to the stocker. Also some Dyno and track #'s would be cool too.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
I just stumbled upon this thread and I don't really have time to read the entire thread....

well then I suggest you read it before replying. thanks. Pat

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
So, am I going to have to put one of these on our shop truck in a virgin state(i.e. unmodified how it comes from Garrett) and see how it does? Better yet, I have an LMM in the shop that still has a stock charger on it, we could use that one maybe... I am really curious on how this one works compared to the stock one as far as spool up, boost pressure, drive pressure, street manors, etc. Not enough time in the day anymore.:(

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
What I would like to see is track times and most important mph. I have yet to be impressed with alot of the vvt turbos out there and the times they have turned and feel these turbos have their place but maybe not in drag racing. Just my opinion. Dyno numbers are just that numbers so those don't to me translate into performance on the pavement or dirt also in my opinion(your setup might be off). PPE has yet to come out with a product or sell one that I'm aware of that dosen't work and with a company with it's name in performance like it is I would imagine they've done some homework. Keep us posted on some results!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
What I would like to see is track times and most important mph. I have yet to be impressed with alot of the vvt turbos out there and the times they have turned and feel these turbos have their place but maybe not in drag racing. Just my opinion. Dyno numbers are just that numbers so those don't to me translate into performance on the pavement or dirt also in my opinion(your setup might be off). PPE has yet to come out with a product or sell one that I'm aware of that dosen't work and with a company with it's name in performance like it is I would imagine they've done some homework. Keep us posted on some results!

Agreed, time will tell the full story on this one.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
If this shootout between modded/high performance AVNT chargers happens how is the tuning going to work? Is the AVNT3794 gonna have PPE tuning on it, the Cheetah have Fleece tuning, and Mark's have his tuning? Or will they all run on the same tuning, or all 3 be run on all 3 tunes?

Dan, keep us informed of any bigger AVNT options that Garrett comes out with. I'd even be interested in ones that aren't direct bolt in.

Killerbee

Got Honey?
I would suggest constant load MAF and COT comparisons, using an agreed 200 HP tune with 2 or 3 representative rpms. MAF and COT completely defines compressor performance.

MAF sensor could be screened, or re-ducted, to keep it under the 5V return.

A pressure gauge could be used for backpressure on the exhaust side, that plus EGT completely defines the exhaust performance.

This all keeps ego's at bay, and leaves the scientific process to filter. I would discourage the usual puffed chest rituals, track times, etc...but that's just me.