December '22 Chat -- "Shitter's Full!" -- and other Christmas "crap"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Just a tree with lights on it and the tree skirt my mom made a long time ago. My son is to hard on stuff. I have lots of hand made porcelain ornaments my mom made that are staying boxed up for now. My wife bought my daughter a 25 days of Christmas village set. Every day you make a small scene out of pre cut cardboard/craft stuff. She loves it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So yestereday i started on lights. First off, im NOT a ladder guy. i f-ing hate them and tall ones scare the shit out of me. the whole lack of stability for myself if i get a little off balance just screws me up big time. So anyhow, i typically use A frame ladders to do this. well, the peaks on the new house are FAR higher than the old house and i needed more than my 8 ft ladder could provide. FIL left his 20ft extension ladder and i figured id use that. hooooooly shit, i put that thing up, got half way up and straight froze up. scared..... the living.... shit out of me! thing was bouncing around like my son attempting to stand still lmao. i was just sitting there going "god damn it, wtf am i doin". finally sucked it up, took some deep breaths and got near the top enough to hang the lights. Fricken shaking like a leaf the hold time and had a death grip like you wouldnt believe. Wife comes out and just starts laughing her ass off. i cant blame her, i would too but im like "you gotta shut the hell up till i get down, im not doin good!" so she starts talkin to me and im thinkin to myself "wtf, i just asked her to zip it!". Finally i just say "erin, ya gotta stop talkin, its all i can do to focus on this damn ladder right now". She listens and i slowly get my ass down. i had to do that 3 more times and it was non the easier...

I told her this shit is now permenant lmao. So anyhow, good mornin chuckle for you all

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
So yestereday i started on lights. First off, im NOT a ladder guy. i f-ing hate them and tall ones scare the shit out of me. the whole lack of stability for myself if i get a little off balance just screws me up big time. So anyhow, i typically use A frame ladders to do this. well, the peaks on the new house are FAR higher than the old house and i needed more than my 8 ft ladder could provide. FIL left his 20ft extension ladder and i figured id use that. hooooooly shit, i put that thing up, got half way up and straight froze up. scared..... the living.... shit out of me! thing was bouncing around like my son attempting to stand still lmao. i was just sitting there going "god damn it, wtf am i doin". finally sucked it up, took some deep breaths and got near the top enough to hang the lights. Fricken shaking like a leaf the hold time and had a death grip like you wouldnt believe. Wife comes out and just starts laughing her ass off. i cant blame her, i would too but im like "you gotta shut the hell up till i get down, im not doin good!" so she starts talkin to me and im thinkin to myself "wtf, i just asked her to zip it!". Finally i just say "erin, ya gotta stop talkin, its all i can do to focus on this damn ladder right now". She listens and i slowly get my ass down. i had to do that 3 more times and it was non the easier...

I told her this shit is now permenant lmao. So anyhow, good mornin chuckle for you all

I’m only laughing because I’m the same way.

I hate tall ladders.

Shit even man lifts bother me.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm the opposite. ladders don't scare me one bit. I've climbed up some sketchy ladders plenty of times.

but I'm still not going to put up your lights for you 😛

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
:ROFLMAO:

i have a "man lift" i made for my tractor, id much rather be in that. its just a 250 gallon tote cage with the bladder removed and top steel ring removed. aint "osha approved" but strap it to the forks of the tractor and it/i aint going anywhere. thats about the only way these lights are coming down.

couldnt use it last night because all the rain made too much mud to drive it around.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ha, I made one of those before for a forklift so we could pick items from the upper shelves in a warehouse. right from a tote

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W

you big wussey

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you big wussey

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
ill 100% admit it!

wife just says "you will go out and jump your dirt bike 100+ ft, go do sketchy ass climbs in the snow with it, rock crawl the tracker in extremely tippy situations but you get on a ladder and its scares the hell out of you? you make no sense" shes not wrong lmao!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Is anyone here a 7.3 expert? I have one kicking my ass I need a little insight on

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I get like that on ladder sometimes when their shaking. Which makes no sense, because I enjoy rock climbing and climb trees all the time. It's something about as long as I feel stable I'm OK. I'll even reach way out and do some sketchy shit on one , but the minute it shakes I'm getting down. That's why all the ladders I own are always the highest weight ratings. Makes a big difference.

Reactions: Pure Diesel

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
On the 7.3.. stock truck

It’ll run until it gets hot.

Originally like 150 degrees it was like your shut the key off. 20 psi low side oil pressure, you could watch the ipr ramp up as temp came up. Then boom die, no start until it cooled down. Never left the lot with it as it wouldn’t make it 5 miles.

Cool weak pump, easy enough. Put a hpop on it.

Now will start and idle all day. Full operating temp. Go test drive it and itll make it about 10 miles at 200* oil temp.

Then will die under power, no start- no high pressure oil pressure (like 80psi cranking).

We did notice the hpop reservoir is low when it dies now. Like 2” down from the top if you pull the plug out.

We’ve pulled both the oil relief valves on it, has a reman Ford hpop on it. Has a new low pressure pump, (old was in spec).

All injectors are returning oil like they should (visual squirt)

Screen in the hpop housing is clean, no restrictions anywhere.

Did crank it with the hpop reservoir off to see what it looks like in there, it does return a lot of oil from the pump. But I’ve never had one apart to see if it’s normal or not.

I’ve worked on a lot of 7.3s, 5+ years ago tho, and never had this issue.

It acts like a 6.0 with a fucked injector Oring or stand pipe o ring. Although those will run all day until you shut it off hot, then won’t start until is cold again.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
nate says its sounds alot like an IPR issue. he has a 6.0 at his shop doin the same thing. He suggests getting it hot, letting it die then pouring room temp water on the IPR to cool it off and see if it re-starts

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
nate says its sounds alot like an IPR issue. he has a 6.0 at his shop doin the same thing. He suggests getting it hot, letting it die then pouring room temp water on the IPR to cool it off and see if it re-starts

Hmm. Science

• Haha
Reactions: Dozerboy
Status
Not open for further replies.