twin tuning help needed

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
so tuning is not my gig. I've got the burb w a 480sxe over a danville 63.5 BMW. 67% over lbz injectors on lmm electronics. twin pumps. I've paid danville to tune it and I've had idk how many revisions. it makes shit for power its laggy as Fook and smokes light black just lugging through town. this has been a shitshow for 4 years. it's never been right. at this point I need to just get it fo runs as good as it did stock and not smoke. I need to drive it 1k Mike round trip this weekend. can anyone for the love of haysoose please just help me make it run. send me a pm. I have a log I can post up shortly. thanks.

EDIT: umm how do I add a log file?

Last edited:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Could very well be bad injectors. Those injectors aren’t big enough to cause problems like that unless there’s something seriously wrong in the tune

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well what's Danville telling you? They are among the best, so if they can't do it then there is something else going on.

Reactions: dndj

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
What rpm are you lugging at when it smokes black and what rpm is it when it's cleared up?
What size tires are you running?
Whose injector is it? I've never heard of a 67% over.
What torque converter do you have in it?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well I'm no expert on tuning those chargers, the vane position down in the low RPM area looks a little too closed to me. maybe choking the charger and creating high drive pressure.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
What rpm are you lugging at when it smokes black and what rpm is it when it's cleared up?
What size tires are you running?
Whose injector is it? I've never heard of a 67% over.
What torque converter do you have in it?
35 mph in town.
37s w 456 gears
Yea I havent either they were supposedly 100 over nozzles from s&s Gillette diesel here in utah balanced them and reported that they flow 67% more than stock flow. They are real bosch remans w nozzles. 2 were off my 15 or 20 percent more.
Gorend r? I dont remember but it was all planned w Dirty hooker and thier trans kit..I can check the side of it through the peep hole.....

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
Well what's Danville telling you? They are among the best, so if they can't do it then there is something else going on.
IOnstead of getting on the phon w me he just sends tunes that dont do what they need to do. One tune was so weak it would not get over 3 inch concrete ledge full throttle... Im not joking.. Ive had about 6 tunes sent and none work.... Everyone kept telling me my injectors are fokes. well I kept telling them they are BOSCH REMANS . So I sent them to Gillette for balancing the flow/ they rare dead nuts even now and it still runs like shit.
the truck will NOT light and spin the tires at all..

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Well 37s are big tires, alot of weight there. I have 35s on 22s and my truck on tune 4 will barely squeak then unless it's cold or wet out.

I'm thinking those nozzles could be some your issue. You need some actual 100s on there or bigger even 150s with your setup to drive those. I'd send them off to exergy and get them checked.

That cam and ported heads definitely moved your torque curve up, running those that R converter IMO is too tight with big tires, big cam, and hogged heads.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
IOnstead of getting on the phon w me he just sends tunes that dont do what they need to do. One tune was so weak it would not get over 3 inch concrete ledge full throttle... Im not joking.. Ive had about 6 tunes sent and none work.... Everyone kept telling me my injectors are fokes. well I kept telling them they are BOSCH REMANS . So I sent them to Gillette for balancing the flow/ they rare dead nuts even now and it still runs like shit.
the truck will NOT light and spin the tires at all..

Sadly this means nothing, I've seen companies sell "Bosch Reman" injectors and they are sending something completely different out the door. How many miles were on the injectors when you got them? Also, can you define "everyone"? If that includes guys like Mark, maybe you should listen.

What stopped you from buying modified injectors directly from someone like DDP, Exergy, S&S or similar instead of buying nozzles then paying a someone to clean/swap/balance?

Did you buy the nozzles direct from S&S or did they come from some other vendor?

When you say off by 15-20% or more was this before being modified or after? If after, did they adjust them to get everything back within spec and close across the set? Off the cuff this is a MAJOR red flag as there should never be that much variance.

As for the engine side of things, the ovals aren't helping you out at all as they're inherently a dirtier combustion event than a conventional round bowl which means they take more heat to clean up, the 6480 cam (SoCal stage 2) also will take some more RPM to be in it's peak efficiency zone.

What connecting rods are in the engine?

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
If it were me I'd get some DDP, exergy or S&S injectors like Brad mentioned. Injectors that aren't good will make these trucks run like shit.

I'm curious , what's the calculated fuel rate mm3 at idle and warmed up to temp? My new ones are 12-13mm3 and my worn out ones were down to 6-7mm3 and ran like a pooch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bdsankey

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
If it were me I'd get some DDP, exergy or S&S injectors like Brad mentioned. Injectors that aren't good will make these trucks run like shit.

I'm curious , what's the calculated fuel rate mm3 at idle and warmed up to temp? My new ones are 12-13mm3 and my worn out ones were down to 6-7mm3 and ran like a pooch.
They were bought by mee and im 1 million pecent shure they are bosch. injector modders are NOT the onley people to get bosch. I am an auto repair shop and I have suppliers that sell non amazon/rock auto stuff. Worldpac sells ONLEY to shops and they sell oem manufacture parts NOT oe ....O E M!
Sadly this means nothing, I've seen companies sell "Bosch Reman" injectors and they are sending something completely different out the door. How many miles were on the injectors when you got them? Also, can you define "everyone"? If that includes guys like Mark, maybe you should listen.

What stopped you from buying modified injectors directly from someone like DDP, Exergy, S&S or similar instead of buying nozzles then paying a someone to clean/swap/balance?
Because I can get a set of bosch remans cheaper than anyone could sell them for here ... As I stated I am a reseller and have connections to OI E M parts yep they were in bosch boxes in silver sealed plastic bags... same with my pumps. both bosch remans..
Did you buy the nozzles direct from S&S or did they come from some other vendor?

I bought the S&S nozzles advertised as 100 over from Kid Turbo on here... Yea i fucked up and stuck them on reman injectors and tossed them in the truck. after Enough coaxing from Zac F i pulled them out and had them balanced. 2 were off by 10 or 11 percent?
return quantity were
40.51/41.34/33.78/38.73/32.11/30.19/38.25/37.25 was the actual value in MM3/h I misplaced the other damed sheet of final fixed injectors results. but i know they were flowing some odd 67% or some shit not 100% over stock flow

The injectors were tested and set balance rates usung the Bosch EPS 200 PROTOCOL, Common rail injector test...

When you say off by 15-20% or more was this before being modified or after? If after, did they adjust them to get everything back within spec and close across the set? Off the cuff this is a MAJOR red flag as there should never be that much variance.

As for the engine side of things, the ovals aren't helping you out at all as they're inherently a dirtier combustion event than a conventional round bowl which means they take more heat to clean up, the 6480 cam (SoCal stage 2) also will take some more RPM to be in it's peak efficiency zone.

What connecting rods are in the engine?

Carillo. zero gap rings. stage one cnc heads. RDL Manifolds and up pipes. so cal billet mains. the internals ae fine. its l the good shit lol