How's everyone doing with this virus crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James, yes I did say that. Do I ever hope I am wrong, your dam right and I will be the first one in line for you all to give me slap in the face and say you told me so.. But it's not about whether that may happen or not, it's about communication and what may be happening that the news will not show you. I consider you all friends here, you guys are very picky on words and data to the diesel world I know that, I bite my tongue alot here to try not to misinform anyone. But frankly, I am a bit scared.
I will not post anymore, I see this has become more of a competition and nit pick of words.
But thank you everyone for giving me the time and know how to fix my truck.

No need to stop posting. you and i have difference of opinion on this subject and there is nothing wrong with that. i simply stated where my comment came from is all. Everyone is going to butt heads somewhere at some point, specially with ALOT of people stuck at home.

Dont take what im saying to heart, hell i may have done that myself with you post. usually my comments are short and sound direct. An old habit of running a business where everyone wants to email you instead of picking up the phone. you run off on something too much in an email and people want to fire that crap back at you in a heartbeat because "its in writing and this is what you said". Oh f**k off with that shit.

Back on HAM stuff, how many of you own your own repeaters?

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Back in HS I had a CB radio, in my car, with a 100 watt linear amp. I use to go up the highest hill in the area and transmit/listen for hours. Could go quite a ways.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I used to run a CB in my truck for when i was driving from MN to UT or AZ and talk with the truckers at night about short cuts and speed traps and stuff. I loved it.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Back on HAM stuff, how many of you own your own repeaters?

Many years go a couple friends and I set ours up on top of the elevator shaft of a 15 story apartment building :)

De N2BRK

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, today was interesting. Talking to customers during the day, found out that the police were pulling everyone over on the main 2-laner between two towns (Pewamo and Fowler) and questioning them as to where they were going/coming from.
Wow.

AthenaLMM

Swiss Army Wife
Jan 29, 2020
Mesa, AZ
Well, today was interesting. Talking to customers during the day, found out that the police were pulling everyone over on the main 2-laner between two towns (Pewamo and Fowler) and questioning them as to where they were going/coming from.
Wow.

I’m sorry... what??
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Things are all still pretty normal here, kiddo is home from school everyday, still full shop with guys working, not letting customers hang around the shop though, drop and go only!! Trying to be extra careful, having a autoimmune disorder makes me a lil nervous!
Stay safe everyone!

garyhenrich

Jan 23, 2020
My son works for a local police department. Their orders are not to pull anyone over, not even for moving violations. In fact they have been told to stay in the office and only leave to handle 911 calls as they come in. They are extremely bored...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
My son works for a local police department. Their orders are not to pull anyone over, not even for moving violations. In fact they have been told to stay in the office and only leave to handle 911 calls as they come in. They are extremely bored...

Ohio is pretty much the same, BIL is. Local PD, they where told don't do anything unless it's a felony, Cincinnati has a list,
Which is funny because state boys and Dot were thick this week

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Got my termination notice today. Maybe this will be a good thing. Now I am free to find a better job

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Same thing here for state troopers but city cops are still running around.

Hmmmm Mexico street runs anyone?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Sorry to read this. You seem to be a pretty smart person and somehow you'll get through this.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I got a phone interview lined up Tuesday for another job and have my application in for several maintenance positions at the state University. Hopefully something pans out from one of these.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I feel very fortunate with my job. I've been off for a week(paid) and next week they told us about work with the outside contractors. They are also giving us a compensation for the working conditions. We are to all were our PPE equipment and keep doing our safe working habits. Basically we will be paid for 8-hours to babysit these guys. At least I'll be out of the house. Getting cabin fever after a week. Stay safe everyone.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I feel very fortunate with my job. I've been off for a week(paid) and next week they told us about work with the outside contractors. They are also giving us a compensation for the working conditions. We are to all were our PPE equipment and keep doing our safe working habits. Basically we will be paid for 8-hours to babysit these guys. At least I'll be out of the house. Getting cabin fever after a week. Stay safe everyone.

Be safe Greg. I am working every day as well. Never know where you might be infected being out. It might seem crazy, but this is very serious. Social distancing does work. Be glad we are not in a high density populated area. we probably will have a slower rise in cases here in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.