• Wicked Diesel

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Floor It Diesel

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
how close has anyone here came to the 800hp Wicked's pump advertises ?

I haven't had a chance to dyno mine since adding the 480 . but based of the duramax calculator here mine weighs 6950 and ran 121 mph in the 1/4 should be real close if not just over 800

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Were did you get this formula from? If that is right than i should be at 834hp. I think cutting your formula in half is more like my real rwhp and then it would be about 724.

I am going by what the experts have told me over the years with our heavy trucks the 10hp per 1 mph doesn't apply so it takes 20hp or so to increase 1/4 mph by 1. I am not much for calculators but I never dynoed pre modded pump/post modded pump

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I am going by what the experts have told me over the years with our heavy trucks the 10hp per 1 mph doesn't apply so it takes 20hp or so to increase 1/4 mph by 1. I am not much for calculators but I never dynoed pre modded pump/post modded pump

I should have crunched a few more numbers. Actually this is pretty close. I dynoed at 544hp with stock turbo and cp3 and ran 12.95 at 102. I ran 11.94 at 113mph this year. I guessed that i was around 720ish rwhp. This calculates to about 764 so it is pretty close really.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I should have crunched a few more numbers. Actually this is pretty close. I dynoed at 544hp with stock turbo and cp3 and ran 12.95 at 102. I ran 11.94 at 113mph this year. I guessed that i was around 720ish rwhp. This calculates to about 764 so it is pretty close really.

Plugging my weight and mph into comp diesel's calculator on my stock pump I ran 12.32 @ 108 i see 572 hp then at the same weight i went 11.84 @ 115 which says 691 hp obviously i really don't care much about horsepower numbers all i care about is ET but it would be fair to say I gained over 100hp stock pump vs. Wicked Diesel pump

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I have installed and tuned both and can get either one. I have had good luck with both but comparing the 2 I would have to say that the Floor It Stage 3's I've tuned hold better rail than the Wicked Stage 3 - and Justin has a Mitusa feeding his. The pumps out of my truck are at Floor It right now....

John had some health issues that screwed things up for him at the shop for a while but is back at it building great pumps. He is also changing his sales structure to have only a handful distributors and have his website and phone refer customers to them. Right now he spends 80% of his time on the phone and emails answering questions for people, most of which won't even be buying a pump in the next year but just want to talk about it. The dealers he has chosen or is choosing to do this are ones that he knows will be able to answer the technical questions about his products and sell the most of them - no more "Jimbob's Diesel" calling to become a "dealer" only to get a better deal on his own pump. It will allow John to get back in the shop doing what he does best and getting pumps out much faster.

Maybe John did have health issues, im not sure, but when people were saying he was in the hospital, i was seeing him at truck pulls last year. Ill be buying some modded pumps before the seasons over im sure, and id love to go local to me, but after talking and reading, ill probably be going with Shane at Wicked diesel. I still run 2 stock pumps now, but am nowhere near 800hp yet.:D

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Rob 2.6 trucks are in like the 600hp range you might be 620hp cuz you won TS lol. The main reason I went with WD is becuase people on here have had good luck with them and Pat I believe did some testing and it came back positive that they were the better modded pump on the market. And I know Pat and nothing to gain by me bying a pump from his reports.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
The % over claims that II makes are sorta goofy.... in reality if a pump was 600% over vs. A pump that is 20% over and they both maintained the same rail pressure the percent over is irrelevant

Well I just think it'd be nice to.know what your getting for 1700 bucks? Kinda like saying injectors are 150 HP I don't care what HP they are I want to know a percent over lpm? Make sense? Maybe my question is how many more lpm or whatever measurement you want does wicked an floor its stage 3s push?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I could get a brand new stage 1 pump from a local guy for 1200, or a stage 3 for another 700. He said the stage one would be around 42% and the big one would put me closer to duel cp3s, just not there. But no single pump will ever be the same as duels as far as performance. and should both work great for 60 overs. These pumps are non stroker pumps so they should last quite abit longer than Wicked or Floor its modified pumps. Hmmm

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I could get a brand new stage 1 pump from a local guy for 1200, or a stage 3 for another 700. He said the stage one would be around 42% and the big one would put me closer to duel cp3s, just not there. But no single pump will ever be the same as duels as far as performance. and should both work great for 60 overs. These pumps are non stroker pumps so they should last quite abit longer than Wicked or Floor its modified pumps. Hmmm

Don't believe everything you hear :D look to real world before and after. Jim from Upstate Diesel went 11.77 on a S472 and shanes pump. If it really matters Shane said his stage 3 pump is 80% over but like I said that means nothing all that matters is rail pressure

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Also who told you stroked pumps wear out quicker? Where are you getting your info from? LOL you may or may not know this Bosch made a very important change to the LMM pump... LB7, LLY, and LBZ pumps share a similar cascade valve design which causes the spring to rub making it weaker over time. Bosch fixed this issue and redesigned the cascade valve so longevity is GREATLY increased. Ben I'm not sure why you feel you need more info to make a decision?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Because I'm tired of buying expensive stuff for this truck because everyone said its the way to go, then get disappointed.. And someone who works an Injection Service, who actually rebuilds Bosch injectors and can test them to Bosch standards....