• Floor It Diesel

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Would you trust his knowledge? Talking on the phone with Spencer he sounded pretty dang sharp. Just wish I knew of a truck with his pump as a single. Mitch has told me of a few that run them in a duel setup and are high horsepower trucks, but I would LOVE to see what a single can do!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Would you trust his knowledge? Talking on the phone with Spencer he sounded pretty dang sharp. Just wish I knew of a truck with his pump as a single. Mitch has told me of a few that run them in a duel setup and are high horsepower trucks, but I would LOVE to see what a single can do!

I am sort of confused you say you don't want to spend money on an unproven part that doesn't work as expected? I agree with you but My truck, Jims, Pats, Cummins killer, Jonh Kennedy, Max'd Out, I know there are several others on this board that run them in a single setup and have great results... but now you are willing to take one persons word when they name a few trucks running said pump from a guy that works on injectors? Ben sorry you are completely contradicting yourself.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm worried about spending chas on one that wont last. I realize one can never out performance a duel setup. But like I said In my post, besides customer service, I am interested in longevity and power.... With this pump being an non stroker, maybe it will out lasts the big names. I originally wanted info on Floor its, and I still would like ot hear some opinions/numbers..

Plus doesn't Maxed out run 3 cp3s??

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm worried about spending chas on one that wont last. I realize one can never out performance a duel setup. But like I said In my post, besides customer service, I am interested in longevity and power.... With this pump being an non stroker, maybe it will out lasts the big names. I originally wanted info on Floor its, and I still would like ot hear some opinions/numbers

Call Shane and Call Floor It.... I speak from experience in that Shane will answer any and all questions you have plan and simple

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I'm worried about spending chas on one that wont last. I realize one can never out performance a duel setup. But like I said In my post, besides customer service, I am interested in longevity and power.... With this pump being an non stroker, maybe it will out lasts the big names. I originally wanted info on Floor its, and I still would like ot hear some opinions/numbers..

Plus doesn't Maxed out run 3 cp3s??

Im pretty sure maxed out still runs 2. I would be worried about spending the money... and NOT getting a pump.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I ran a single Floorit on my truck last year with 100 over injectors and a stock turbo. Thing held rail pressure very well on some heavy fueled pull tunes. The thing smoked like a freight train. I have no idea what level pump it is as it came brand new in a box with the motor I bought. All I know there was no way I could run it with another stock pump. Rob, Dan and Josh both tried there hardest to figure out a tuning fix and they couldn't so I went back to 2 stock pumps and all is well now. This is a vid of the single pump. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJg5PWxXkjU

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com

Bypass Spencer and talk to Claude,, he knows whats up and is the only one in there I trust on performance hard parts. Never dealt with Spencer so no disrespect. I'm not a fan of their truck service dept,,, but get parts from them a lot. Heck Steve used to call me at the dealership so i could diag shit over the phone till my boss put a stop to it:rofl:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've installed a couple of pumps from Floor-It, and I was impressed with how well they performed. John can be difficult to get in touch with at times, but he delivers quality products. We have bought several products from him at work and have never not gotten anything, but there have been delays. Hopefully this problem will be resolved when he goes to the new setup he is planning.

Just for some numbers, earlier this year we put one of John's Stage 3 pumps on a built motor LB7 running 80% over injectors. Running a 2700 uS pulse width tune, the truck would hold 25k+ PSI of rail pressure.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
BTW, I'm not trying to say there's anything wrong with Shane's or John's pumps. Both have more than proven their potential on duramaxes and even more so on the Cummins. I'm just giving another option, that's all. If Ben goes with it, great, I wouldn't blame him. If he goes with Shane or John, I don't blame him either way there either. I wouldn't go with John simply because I've seen the folks wait a LONG time for stuff. That just leaves a sour taste in one's mouth. If he turns it around now and people (that are common customers and not super special customers) start getting their stuff in reasonable amount of time, that might change as I do think his product performs. I wouldn't put it in the valley though. ;)

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I don't mean to ruffle any feathers and I welcome all these opinions so far. Josh I will PM you as he is not a vendor, and I dont wanna be the first to spoil a secret lol

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
LOL you may or may not know this Bosch made a very important change to the LMM pump... LB7, LLY, and LBZ pumps share a similar cascade valve design.

The LBZ actually shares the same pump design as the LMM.

That said I have seen far more pump failures on LBZ/LMM pumps than on LB7/LLY pumps. Plus most of the early pump failures have been pretty high mileage (200k plus) and the late pumps seem to fail under 100k for the most part.

I also think a stroked pump, if the same except the stroke difference ie. Journal diameter etc. Would have a very similar life expectancy.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The LBZ actually shares the same pump design as the LMM.

That said I have seen far more pump failures on LBZ/LMM pumps than on LB7/LLY pumps. Plus most of the early pump failures have been pretty high mileage (200k plus) and the late pumps seem to fail under 100k for the most part.

I also think a stroked pump, if the same except the stroke difference ie. Journal diameter etc. Would have a very similar life expectancy.

I got that info from Shane and I trust his wisdom...

WICKED DIESELS

you need more fuel
Sorry to dig this one up, I never have much time to get on here anymore.

Here is the deal, we pioneered the "modern" CP3 with the stroked shaft. Before this came about gains were and still are minimal at stock displacement.

A stock CP3 is a 7.5mm bore and 8mm stroke, displacing 223LPH @ 3500 rpm, not FLOWING but DISPLACING, flow is 180-200LPH.

It is simple math, what is the percentage of increase from 200 to 223? well its about 10%, from 180 to 223, is just over 20%. Well now get this, if it flows 180, it already is down on flow due to wear, so it will never get much above 200, and 223 will never, ever, ever, be attained, because that is 100% volumetric efficiency.

You can't get 2 gallons of milk into a 1 gallon jug, if someone starts quoting percentages, run away as fast as you can.

Percentages of flow, aren't what propels your truck, horsepower does and thats how we rate ours.

As for peak real world power, It would be John Kennedy with a single stage 3 LB7 and a stock regulator on the pump, it maxed his Superflow chassis dyno (real dyno) torque cell at 870 some odd HP, so it apparently would have been higher.

Once we get caught up, Guy @ SoCal and John @ Kennedy will be stocking these pumps. So if you want one contact them first.