• Floor It Diesel

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yeah, I'd still like to know the cost difference. I would also like to know what kind of life they both have. Besides the service (which this is the diesel comunity, I'm sure everyone is used to shitty service) I am interested in facts about the performance, life, etc between these two.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
i bolted my pump up and gained over 7 mph so if 20hp = 1 mph then i gained 140hp from my stock cp3 to Shanes Stroker pump

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Both build awesome pumps from what I know. As previously posted, Floor-it has had quite a few customer service issues. Been fighting health issues with cancer and having trouble finding good help.

I'd say it's a toss up between pumps but the customer service would be a no brainer at this point.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
how close has anyone here came to the 800hp Wicked's pump advertises ?

John Kennedy has... i need to head back out to the track but the changes i have made will help me get my power to the ground i am expecting with stock injectors to be easily in the low 700 range. with some injectors i guarantee 800hp is possible

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I have installed and tuned both and can get either one. I have had good luck with both but comparing the 2 I would have to say that the Floor It Stage 3's I've tuned hold better rail than the Wicked Stage 3 - and Justin has a Mitusa feeding his. The pumps out of my truck are at Floor It right now....

John had some health issues that screwed things up for him at the shop for a while but is back at it building great pumps. He is also changing his sales structure to have only a handful distributors and have his website and phone refer customers to them. Right now he spends 80% of his time on the phone and emails answering questions for people, most of which won't even be buying a pump in the next year but just want to talk about it. The dealers he has chosen or is choosing to do this are ones that he knows will be able to answer the technical questions about his products and sell the most of them - no more "Jimbob's Diesel" calling to become a "dealer" only to get a better deal on his own pump. It will allow John to get back in the shop doing what he does best and getting pumps out much faster.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I have installed and tuned both and can get either one. I have had good luck with both but comparing the 2 I would have to say that the Floor It Stage 3's I've tuned hold better rail than the Wicked Stage 3 - and Justin has a Mitusa feeding his. The pumps out of my truck are at Floor It right now....

John had some health issues that screwed things up for him at the shop for a while but is back at it building great pumps. He is also changing his sales structure to have only a handful distributors and have his website and phone refer customers to them. Right now he spends 80% of his time on the phone and emails answering questions for people, most of which won't even be buying a pump in the next year but just want to talk about it. The dealers he has chosen or is choosing to do this are ones that he knows will be able to answer the technical questions about his products and sell the most of them - no more "Jimbob's Diesel" calling to become a "dealer" only to get a better deal on his own pump. It will allow John to get back in the shop doing what he does best and getting pumps out much faster.

You'd have to put the pumps on the same truck to test them.

I did this with the Industrial Injection, WD, LLY, LLY+ ported FPR, LBZ, LBZ+ported. Didn't test the Floor It, but I too have "tuned" trucks with Floor It parts on them.

As far the relationship between Floor It and their dealers? Not sure how that effects tuning, but I suppose you'd recurve current by 2% for every distribution outlet in the US, and 1.5% for each dealer in Canada.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What percent over are wicked an floor it stage 3 pumps anyway?

The % over claims that II makes are sorta goofy.... in reality if a pump was 600% over vs. A pump that is 20% over and they both maintained the same rail pressure the percent over is irrelevant

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The % over claims that II makes are sorta goofy.... in reality if a pump was 600% over vs. A pump that is 20% over and they both maintained the same rail pressure the percent over is irrelevant

Nick, didnt you say a while back you noticed rail pressure starting to fall a bit to like 25.5 or something? or was that a tuning deal? Only reason i ask is id like to see/know what kind of longevity you get out of these pump. Id like to do a stroker pump to keep things simple over duals but how do they last under small tunes (450-500hp) with lots of highway miles? Ive heard mix reviews on this and its the only reason im goin with two stock pumps over WD stage 3. curious to know what people with actual experience have with longevity