LML Rods

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
:roflmao: ^^^ first time to show up since 2011 and BAM coming off like a douche in the LML rod thread. Just relax man, have a beer!

And also, incase you didn't know anything about hardened steel...if you hit a hammer to a hammer one is likely to shatter like glass :thumb:

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009
Im not meaning to come off as a douche, I'm actually very calm and will have a beer in about an hour. You should as well :beer

Was just saying its not shitty tuning, no reason to discredit a well known tuner. He didnt use the 40/40 tune.

With that being said, LML Does have the toughest bottom end out of lb7, lly, lbz and lmm. If you want to push your truck between 650-750 I would honestly say you should be just fine Ive seen all other motors do just fine in that range but remember you are pushing stock internals past what they were intended for. Carrillo rods would obviously be the wiser way to go.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Im not meaning to come off as a douche, I'm actually very calm and will have a beer in about an hour. You should as well :beer

Was just saying its not shitty tuning, no reason to discredit a well known tuner. He didnt use the 40/40 tune.

With that being said, LML Does have the toughest bottom end out of lb7, lly, lbz and lmm. If you want to push your truck between 650-750 I would honestly say you should be just fine Ive seen all other motors do just fine in that range but remember you are pushing stock internals past what they were intended for. Carrillo rods would obviously be the wiser way to go.

What proof do you have that the LML bottom end is the strongest?

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
If you have your motor apart there is no reason why you should put stock stuff back in it... if its a money issue save up and do it rite. I remember when I wanted to do a "budget build" in my opinion theres really no such thing. you HAVE to do rods in a build if you want to hold power and be realiable, along with a lot of other things im not going to get into. I have rite at 9k into my build and its as "budget" as you can get.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Cold Corona already in hand! :D

I'd rather have a 1000hp "built" motor that I run at 750 than a stockish motor I push at 750hp. But then again we all tend to push the envelope, that's what this forum is for! :thumb:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I've been running stock tuning for the past 5,000 miles lol.

I personally don't think the LML bottom end has had near enough time to prove itself to even consider it to be as strong as any other dmax model.

LML rods are still PM right?

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
If you have your motor apart there is no reason why you should put stock stuff back in it... if its a money issue save up and do it rite. I remember when I wanted to do a "budget build" in my opinion theres really no such thing. you HAVE to do rods in a build if you want to hold power and be realiable, along with a lot of other things im not going to get into. I have rite at 9k into my build and its as "budget" as you can get.

Could not agree more. There are no short cuts.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Think 3800uS was used, but 40/40 tune was ready to go if so needed... but what do I knowwwww! :)

What will be cool is once h&s MotorSports releases the dual pump kit everyone will be on board before long. I have a 72vgt and prototype h&s pump (cp3 over cp4) on mine. My brothers single cab I have him set up over 3000uS stock injectors and his runs 12.20s... My LML has 2200uS in it and nearly hands right there with him.

Tuning the big VGT on the LML is near a nightmare... But we finally have it running strong. 30+ vane position tables and 20+ boost tables make for quite a bit of work... Not to mention the deviation sensitivity with these things. These trucks are such a different animal it's unreal. I have around 30hours into the big VGT stuff alone. All in all, I just can't wait for folks to start pushing these trucks and having fun with them. A good local friend of mine just purchased a LML single cab we look to try and squeeze into the quick 25 if possible. It runs unreal strong with less duration than a LMM comes from the factory with :).....Hopefully we can do it on stock trans with a pressure switch.. Installing airdog next week and it will be ready!

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Ryan works for H&S and owns/drives a race truck that is a Dodge... Dont mean him and Kory cant be buddys :hug:

Ryan and I aren't friends, I just use him to keep my dirt bike at his house in St. George and eat all his chicken wings while drinking homemade Irish wakes in the hot tub!!! Haha... Nah that's my boys out there!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I was gunna use lml rods in my engine, until I ordered one and held it up to a LMM and realized there wasn't much of a difference. There are only a handful of lml's out there making power, and jneal doesn't hardly post anymore.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
bottom line all the rods are still PM shit rods. I want a damn 12 valve already lol

Kory, its safe to say you are floating around 650ish hp with the LML right? How many 1/4 passes has the truck done at that power level?

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009
What proof do you have that the LML bottom end is the strongest?

I guess I should re-phrase this. "I believe" the LML does have the toughest bottom end after having a good talk with my engine builder, no hard data. Just personal research.:thumb:

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Think 3800uS was used, but 40/40 tune was ready to go if so needed... but what do I knowwwww! :)

What will be cool is once h&s MotorSports releases the dual pump kit everyone will be on board before long. I have a 72vgt and prototype h&s pump (cp3 over cp4) on mine. My brothers single cab I have him set up over 3000uS stock injectors and his runs 12.20s... My LML has 2200uS in it and nearly hands right there with him.

Tuning the big VGT on the LML is near a nightmare... But we finally have it running strong. 30+ vane position tables and 20+ boost tables make for quite a bit of work... Not to mention the deviation sensitivity with these things. These trucks are such a different animal it's unreal. I have around 30hours into the big VGT stuff alone. All in all, I just can't wait for folks to start pushing these trucks and having fun with them. A good local friend of mine just purchased a LML single cab we look to try and squeeze into the quick 25 if possible. It runs unreal strong with less duration than a LMM comes from the factory with :).....Hopefully we can do it on stock trans with a pressure switch.. Installing airdog next week and it will be ready!

We all I am sure are gonna want some video footage of this soon to be beast in the making! :woott:

Ryan and I aren't friends, I just use him to keep my dirt bike at his house in St. George and eat all his chicken wings while drinking homemade Irish wakes in the hot tub!!! Haha... Nah that's my boys out there!

:rofl: sounds like the life!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
And also, incase you didn't know anything about hardened steel...if you hit a hammer to a hammer one is likely to shatter like glass :thumb:

mythbusters did that and couldnt, under any circumstances, duplicate the "myth".

Ive never been able to do it either.

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009

Whay Kory said got me interested so I googled H&S Motorsports and it looks like the dual fuelers are avaiable already.

http://hs-motorsports.com/gm.html?SID=a8ue3tbvnf5h126us86b8rfq17

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
bottom line all the rods are still PM shit rods.

whats wrong with powdered metal???

Just because the 7.3 ford has the big deal with the PM versus forged rods, you think anything that is, quote, "powdered metal" is shit? :rolleyes:

There are lots of different kinds of "powdered metal". Its not a name for a specific material, you know................

and dont you think the design of the rod has something to do with it, in addition to the material?

im just saying.

ben