LML Rods

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009
Yeah it was because of tuning... Anytime you ask a truck to make a ton of power with tuning it has the potential to fail... When the engine didn't fail at 800hp they decided to crank it up higher than anyone has cranked duration with TONS of timing, they were trying to pop it. 4000uS and 40* of timing did the trick. The truck hit its set points and KAPOW!

Previous guy said it was shitty tuning. Its not shitty tuning my friend. Hard parts failed, 100% positive with a built motor it would have held just fine. I highly dought they really used 40* of timing and 4000us, well maybe 4000us but not 40* of timing.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
They never did use the 40/40 tune, but they had one they were going to put on there. If I remember right it was like 34* of timing and same of fuel.

Last edited:

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
You retards crack me up most of you never even seen a tune file let alone know what shitty tuning is...

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009
Watch out coreyhe probably knows morecabout tuning then you do lol jk:roflmao:

Never said anyone knows more about tuning then someone else. Just because the interwebs said they used the 40/40 doesnt mean they actually did.:beer

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
All red, she'll run good :roflmao:

Ha ha yea you got it just tired of hearing all the bs about h&s yea they got off on the wrong foot with there "smokey vid" but lets not forget what they have done with the lml which besides what kory is doing is pretty incredible

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
How does one video prove a certain failure point? If I did a budget build right now I would use LML rods and pistons. There have been some revisions and apparently the second generation were better. There isn't a lot of data on the LML stuff, pm jneal on here and ask. Hes a great knowledgable guy and will answer your questions.

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009
Ha ha yea you got it just tired of hearing all the bs about h&s yea they got off on the wrong foot with there "smokey vid" but lets not forget what they have done with the lml which besides what kory is doing is pretty incredible

:thumb:

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Far from a programmer and high tech motor builder, but I've got a hard 22K on mine, 30 passes down the 1/4, haven't broke it yet unless you count one popped radiator, after towing a trailer and making 5 passes down the track and going back home.:D
I'm pretty impressed with what it holds for daily beatings. Going to throw a second charger on it, I like the idea of the 472 but i'm thinking just a tad bigger and get a second fueler bolted in.
From a stock block perspective it is proving to be one of GM's better out of the box motors. Holding the same power levels on modestly built older versions. Once the programming comes these trucks will be a good threat on the tracks, even with the weight they are pushing. Time to turn it up :thumb:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
The point is the tuning broke the engine, they meant to break the freaking engine. Pointing out what happened isn't bashing H&S and there shitty tuning:)

l33tmax

Jun 23, 2009
Well if I were to blame something for it blowing up the motor it would be the Dual High Pressure Pump Fuel Kit that supplied the injectors to go to 3800us, then the compounds, plus nitrous that supplied the air to take out the bottom end. Yes, tuning helped get to that power which obviously the bottom end cannot handle. Which we all know that it needs to be built for that type of power. It's like taking a hammer to an apple, the apple is going to blow up. Was it because it was a shitty hammer? Take a hammer to a hammer, it holds together. If the tuning was shitty, it wouldn't have made it to 1086 hp in the first place.