LML Rods

antwon88

Jul 18, 2014
any updates on how strong the lml rods are im aiming for 700 and want to try these in this engine im freshening

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I sure wouldn't waste my time putting them in an engine I plan to abuse. Mid 700 horse lml, bent all 8. Pistons hit the crank and cracked the skirts too.

antwon88

Jul 18, 2014
wow i guess ill have to finish the stress analysis on the "H" beams iv drawn up and fire up the cnc earlier then i expected ;)

antwon88

Jul 18, 2014
iv made a few sets its all in the design and stress analysis i feel with the right materials i can do a set for a tad north of 1000 in the best materials with arp bolts ill have a shot and see how far i can push them with a very large single :thumb:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
iv made a few sets its all in the design and stress analysis i feel with the right materials i can do a set for a tad north of 1000 in the best materials with arp bolts ill have a shot and see how far i can push them with a very large single :thumb:

I'm assuming you made them for gas engines. That'll be great if you're successful, just be prepared for failure.

antwon88

Jul 18, 2014
we shall see i dont mind having a go iv got carrillos in my other motor there awesome but for what this one is doing ill give it a shot they will be nothing like duramaxtuners rods

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Wasnt there another guy who posted here a few years back that he could "build a better rod cheaper"? IIRC, that didnt go well for him, either...and we never heard from him again.

Reality is harsh when working with these engines.