Wtf????????????????????????????????

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Hey hey Northern California and Southern California are like 2 separate entities... Our tracks are not going to be closing.

It's more like, north, south and central california. I lived up North... as in, several hours north of san fran... up in the redwoods middle of nowhere. About the coolest place to grow up I could have asked for. We had two rivers on our land, trees 10ft across and lived in a small sawmill town (population 101). Of course now the sawmill is gone thanks to the environmental wack jobs.. and everyone there grows pot... damn shame.... :(

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Come over to AZ, no wait, don't come :D

From 2003 to 2006 there were 10,000 people a month moving to AZ. It hink it was somthing like 70% were from California, including myself, lived in Santa Maria for 8 years.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
I have to drive 150 miles to the closest track (englishtown) which periodically closes for court ordered occasions.Now you guys suck too.:roflmao:

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Well at least I know famosa ain't going any where seening nothin but farms are around it

:thumb: I bet these tracks were at their locations long before these hippies moved from the big city's to the suburbs to get away from the 'noise'

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
It's a shame to live in this state! I grew up going to the San Jose Speedway and Baylands. Both were awesome!!! There are still parts of Baylands where you can see the dragstrip, huge now empty businesses now surround the strip. San Jose speedway was shut down to build an ampatheater... Never happened. Altamont raceway was the same BS a few years ago.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Same sort a thing happened to a local track here in Bako called Mesa Marin. The dude broke ground on it with his own dozer and there wasnt anything around it. Then all of sudden people thought it would be cool to build houses around it and then complained about the noise and shut it down. The track was there decades before the houses :mad:..

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
To much to say,rant, or yell the wind has been stolen from my sails....every time you turn around Politics is F'ing something else....sigh.....People suck!

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I don't think people realize what a track can do for local economics. We know first hand here. Our track is reopening in a couple weeks after being closed since nov 2010. Businesses suffer, track employees lost jobs, it wasn't good. I'm thankful they r opening the doors again, I thought it was gone forever like the others.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
The track prep in compton did look top notch :thumb:
That is my home town track and moat of those guys are myfriends, i guess its gonna be back to the streets for now! I have a group of friends who are involved in trying to get a drag strip put back on terminal island, according to my friend Donald Galaz he has been in talks with Janice Hahn and the harbor dept they supposedly have approval to put the track where the coke dock used to be!! There are plenty more legal steps that need to be taken but lets keep our fingers crossed on this guys! Big Willie has had two tracks on the island before im just hopin the brother hood of street racers can come thru 1 more time!!

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
That's not good.

It's interesting here in the Portland area that Portland International Raceway is a city park. There are more Starbucks snorting hippies and bicycles in this city than you can shake a stick at. Some people bitch and there are some noise limits they enforce with no exceptions, but the track is still going. I don't know why it works, but it does.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For those in the rest of the US, this is not just California.

It's the USA in general turning into a bunch a pussies.

The next generation will be known as the Chicken Generation.

No shop classes in school, no guns, no motorcycles, no hunting, no dirt riding, no manned space flights, no general aviation, etc, etc.

We will be like the passengers of Wall-e, but instead of trapped in a spaceship looking for life, we will be trapped in our barricaded homes looking for safety.

Safety is an illusion. We all are dying. Nothing is actually "safe".

What difference will Global Warming make to a world that is afraid to go outside?

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Come on guys. We have to put ourselves in those peoples shoes. If I lived near a track I would be a very unhappy tree huggin vegan..... I don't know what I'm gettin at but I do know that the track was there before all (most)the dumbass people that are complaining were, I don't know what they expected living near it!!! Probably thought people would be racing their prius or somethin!!! Shit like that posses me off and I don't even live there!

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
I do know that the track was there before all (most)the dumbass people that are complaining were, I don't know what they expected living near it!!!

Same as moving next to the railroad tracks and trying to move the train or moving to the country and then getting rid of the cows cause they "smell"

Need a judge/ court system / politician with a spine that simply says this type of action is just simply ridiculous and
squashes this kinda of stuff. I blame all of this stuff on bicycle helmets, allows the stupid kids to grow up and reproduce!!!

Last edited: