Work shoes

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
It isn't often I meet someone who is a couple of inches taller than me that I outweigh by a good 100 lbs.

Yeah I'm kinda underweight despite my efforts, works out nice on race weekends though. Im the best cheater passenger, I'm light but no one knows it! So i get to ride in all the fast cars

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Wait until you drop a hot piece of slag down your low cut boot. You will change your mind on the low cut and go with an 8" boot. I had a hole in the top of my foot the size of a quarter because I used to wear low cut boots.

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
I like redwings. I have never liked the style you are looking at, but I go with the steel toe calf high boots. I have been very happy with the quality of the materials, if that helps you at all. I plant trees, landscape, drive bobcats/payloaders/semitrucks, weld, torch, walk through water, all kinds of oils and other nasty stuff and they hold up really well.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I've had every brand from redwings. ariats, justin's, tony lama, cat.....so far my favorite boots are made by twisted x. I'll get at least 16 months out of a pair. I would usually go through them in 10-12 months. Leather holds up really well.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Anybody got a suggestion for a good breathable leather boot that has a safety toe, (synthetic steel toe). All of the steel toe and safety toe boots are not breathable and although I don't work outside in AZ heat anymore I'm still in some hot air.

I used to only wear Redwing or Georgia boot but they quit making all of my favorites or dont make them in safety toe.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Anybody got a suggestion for a good breathable leather boot that has a safety toe, (synthetic steel toe). All of the steel toe and safety toe boots are not breathable and although I don't work outside in AZ heat anymore I'm still in some hot air.

I used to only wear Redwing or Georgia boot but they quit making all of my favorites or dont make them in safety toe.

I really enjoy the Justin hybred slip on series. They have an uninsulated non waterproof composite toe. It’s not vented but the slip on keeps your foot a bit cooler.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I will add the Dewalt shoe is sh@t. It had holes in it within 3 weeks. Probably just go back to Whites as nothing else holds up.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I really enjoy the Justin hybred slip on series. They have an uninsulated non waterproof composite toe. It’s not vented but the slip on keeps your foot a bit cooler.

I have a hard time with slip on because I'm always on my knees working (no homo) and they seem to get loose enough to get my socks bunched up

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I hate slip ons. I have to buy a size smaller to keep my feet from moving around, then they feel too hot.

I know it's not related to Josh's post 6yrs ago, but I keep going back to the Redwing king toe. Kills me this particular one isn't made in the USA, but whatever.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
I only ware slip on boots and I really like the fit of the twisted x. I've never been this satisfied with a pair of boots. I seriously ware them every day.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I hate slip ons. I have to buy a size smaller to keep my feet from moving around, then they feel too hot.

I know it's not related to Josh's post 6yrs ago, but I keep going back to the Redwing king toe. Kills me this particular one isn't made in the USA, but whatever.

Is the king toe breathable and we'll ventilated? I damn near can wring my socks out after a long day, I've always been a huge fan of Redwing boots until they stopped making my favorite in safety toe, I can't do steel toe because I have to go through metal detectors every day

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
My work shoes are custom made to my foot. Its a company out of Centralia Wa. Same family making anything you want for over 100yrs. They feel like I'm wearing tennis shoes.