WIX oil filters for a buck?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Its not that kids fault, the company didn't do their job right. When o'reilly typed in the ac delco 12 pack part number is says in print "per filter", Not with the wix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far as I'm concerned, the manager is a moron as well. He's tried to tell me some retarded info about my truck a time or two. Would have felt bad for the kid but he's his son lol

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Did you also see the fuel filter MP is $25? Im tempted to order one and see if I get a case or not.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Premature plugging, change fuel filter messages at less than 5k miles, the seals coming out of them and stick8ng to the filter head, the detent in the center to release thecheck ball missing, air leaks at the filter base, the all to well known wif sensor not tightening properly and leaking, and one guy even had his come apart in 2 pieces. I'll stick with the metal ones.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Damn.. Thanks for the heads up. I new about the premature clogging on some trucks. Friend went though a lot of parts chasing down the "change fuel filter message". When he switched from the wix filter it stopped. I assumed I'd be ok with their w/s, but you know what they say about the word assume. I usually run baldwins on the lift pump but for some reason I never get the O ring that's suppose to go on the fass suction side where the filter meets. Wix sends one every time though lol.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Couldn't pay me enough to run the wix plastic fuel filters. Almost every truck I've come across with one has had an issue with them.

Agreed!!! The 02 I had I went to get a Delco fuel filter and they were out but had a Wix. I bought it and about 1,000 miles later the wife and I were backing out of a parking spot and the truck cut off. I got out and the water sensor fell out of the bottom of it. The threads were molded to big and it wouldn't tighten up. I went and got a Delco and had no problems with same water sensor and wrote Wix an email about it but they denied it and didn't even try to do anything about it. I will run Wix oil filters (cartridge type) on old tractors that I can't get anything else for but not on the truck.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
I pre paid and already received one case. Other case should be in soon. May order some more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ_Duramax

May 12, 2009
North Carolina
www.parrishfire.com
My store told me over the phone price for that part number was 12.99. They ordered it and when I drove to pick up this afternoon he says that price was per filter. But said I could buy the master pack for 68.xx. So like 5.xx per filter. I argued and said I specifically asked was it per filter and they said 12.99 per case. Still wouldn't sell to me.

LBZ1991

Nov 21, 2014
Winfield, MO
No go on mine. I even paid yesterday. Went in today to pick them up today and only one case got ordered. Guy couldn't find the second case then the manager got involved then it all when down the drain from there...:eek:

COSMOS

Jan 10, 2016
Wow, like a bunch of thieves here, so if I were to accidently leave my keys in the truck that gives you the right to just hop in and drive off with it, right?

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
^x2
Stealing a truck just cause the keys in it and getting cheap oil filters because of a computer error or dumb sales people's is far from each other on the spectrum of phucked up..