WIX oil filters for a buck?

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
just called, price still shows 12.99, but only comes from the warehouse so I have to pay 6.xx in ground shipping... will go in on lunch and pre-pay also. good find!!:hug:

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Has anyone picked up and paid only $12.99 for a box yet or has everyone just ordered them at this point? I called 3 stores and they all said the same thing, the $12.99 is per filter.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Has anyone picked up and paid only $12.99 for a box yet or has everyone just ordered them at this point? I called 3 stores and they all said the same thing, the $12.99 is per filter.

ill let ya know in a couple hours lol

S 854

Nov 1, 2015
Centennial, CO

Yup... I have a box of 12 filters in my garage... Paid $12.99 + tax...

The store manager kept shaking his head and chuckling as I got out my American Express card...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I'm paying cash so they can't track me down :roflmao:

Has anyone bought the AC #PF2232F? It's still listed online as $17.99

Figured if they catch the screw up on the Wix we have a second option

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just called my commercial accounts guy at Orilley..

They are supposed to bill you per filter the 12.99.. However it's very common for the sales guy not to know that and only bill quantity one instead of quantity 12..

Hahahahaha!! Someone is going to be pissed at the stores when they figure that out.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
That's like asking which condom is better....everyone has their own preferred use of protecting their engine.:D

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Just ordered a case myself. Had to go through the "well this micro gaurd is the same size and will work on your truck and we have two of those in stock." I told them please just order me the MP part number and I'll come pick it up. Then they went through the well we have one in stock now, and have one on order. I finally told them, guys it's a case of filters, that's what the MP stands for, master pack. That's what I need. So they finally ordered the dang thing for me, and should be here tomorrow. They have a few in stock in Lubbock and Houston TX.

I'm really hoping they don't catch what clrussell was mentioning and charge me the 12.99 per filter! Hahaha.

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
I gotta say I'm impressed with the Oreillys I go to, but it also sucks cuz they caught on to what the deal was. I went in to pay, and the guy said, I dunno if they told you, but it's 12.99 PER filter and the case has 12.... So I was like well crap, uh just gimme 4 lol

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
I went and pre paid for mine. He goes "just the two filters,.... Oh wait two whole boxes!" I said Yup thatll do it. So hopefully by tomorrow they dont catch it and try only giving me two filters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Id be willing to ship you some for whatever it costs me.
Awesome thanks. If you wouldn't mind. :hug: might as well do 3 cases too. Guess you'll see when you pick them up what happens.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have two cases in hand. Young kid wrote it up and charged me. As I was getting ready to walk out the manager saw the transaction and started ripping the kid a new one for the same reason Corbin posted. It can easily be confused looking at the screen they show you. Needless to say, I still got them for 12.99 a case lol.

So hopefully you get the not so bright kid when you pick them up

Miguelesp

Sep 19, 2015
Just went in and ordered two cases. We'll see what happens when I pick them up Wednesday .

Thanks to the op for the heads up.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
I have two cases in hand. Young kid wrote it up and charged me. As I was getting ready to walk out the manager saw the transaction and started ripping the kid a new one for the same reason Corbin posted. It can easily be confused looking at the screen they show you. Needless to say, I still got them for 12.99 a case lol.

So hopefully you get the not so bright kid when you pick them up

Its not that kids fault, the company didn't do their job right. When o'reilly typed in the ac delco 12 pack part number is says in print "per filter", Not with the wix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Went in and asked about the 3 cases I ordered. They had them, but when the clerk was ringing them up, he says, "This isnt right. Thats a case of 12, not 1."
He then looks up what 12 ind cost, it was something like $190. Then inputs 1 MP and it comes up with $12.99.
So, he calls the mgr over and after she looks the figures over. She then says, "Im sorry but I just cant sell you all three. I'll sell you one b/c we have to honor the price but someone made an error somewhere."

...so I left with one case of filters and some oil for the truck.