Question: Where to live in Texas ???

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I've got family up in DFW and hate going up there. Some of those big city pricks get under my skin so damn easy. Can't even have a fun night out up there without one of them trying to be a hard ass.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I would stay away from Houston and other parts along the coast to live. Visit, just don't live there. DFW general area outside the city is nice though I liked Austin and San Antonio better.

I too have family there. Even lived there for a short while (Houston).

Last edited:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
I would stay away from Houston and other parts along the coast to live. Visit, just don't live there. DFW general area is nice though I liked Austin and San Antonio better.

I too have family there. Even lived there for a short while (Houston).

austin is werid. and the people up there know it and keep it that way. i got hit on by a tranny there i ran for my life :rofl:

My bro lives in plano (north of dallas) theres a hooters like 5 miles from his apt :)

and lots of hills and the best bass fishin lake is not too far from there. also lots of the diesel events and sled pulls are held up in the DFW area

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I went to Houston here a while ago, pretty cool, what i saw of Texas, id live in the lone star state! Got to meet Dan-O down there:D, good times, cept the terrible hangover on the 10hr ride home:rofl:

About 30min after we got to Houston, went to a club by our motel and about got into a fight!:spit: Some douche thought i threw a plastic menu thingy at him and got all wound up. This guy was like 5'9" and nothin special, and those of you that have seen/meet me can prolly not see that workin out for him, i was rawled up from the drive there and ready to roll his @ss:D He wussed out:rofl:

Im a Born/raised Kansan myself;) Gotta stick up for my state :buttkick: :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think I'm in about the best part of the state you can get. Canton is a small town of about 3-4k people. The area is nice, hills and trees and that type of stuff. I'm about an hour drive from the DFW metroplex, half hour from Tyler (medium size town with a population of about 80k). Lake Fork (one of the best bass fishing lakes in the country) is 45 minutes away. Lake Tawakoni (another very good fishing/recreation lake) is about the same distance. There are also a few other smaller lakes not too far away. There are a few different 1/8 mile dragstrips scattered around within an hours drive. There is also Texas Motorplex (a very nice 1/4 mile drag strips that hosts top NHRA competitors every year for their national event) and a new all concrete 1/4 mile drag strip that just opened this year but looks to be very promising called Dallas Raceway. Both of those are about a 30 minute drive away.

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
I think I'm in about the best part of the state you can get. Canton is a small town of about 3-4k people. The area is nice, hills and trees and that type of stuff. I'm about an hour drive from the DFW metroplex, half hour from Tyler (medium size town with a population of about 80k). Lake Fork (one of the best bass fishing lakes in the country) is 45 minutes away. Lake Tawakoni (another very good fishing/recreation lake) is about the same distance. There are also a few other smaller lakes not too far away. There are a few different 1/8 mile dragstrips scattered around within an hours drive. There is also Texas Motorplex (a very nice 1/4 mile drag strips that hosts top NHRA competitors every year for their national event) and a new all concrete 1/4 mile drag strip that just opened this year but looks to be very promising called Dallas Raceway. Both of those are about a 30 minute drive away.

Agreed, very nice area! And that is the heart of dragracing for Texas.

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
Tony, you asked about Austin.

Austin is very, very busy, and is a very quirky, liberal town. It has always been a bit weird and left leaning, and that has been especially noticable since the mid-'90s and the dotcom boom. There are a lot of California transplants in and around Austin now, and UT is known as a school that leans a bit more to the left than most colleges in Texas. Real estate is Austin is higher than other areas in Texas, and while the traffic flow is better than it used to be, it still gets pretty congested for a metropolitan area of that size.

That being said, the area in and arond Austin is very pretty. There are great restaurants in Austin, and plenty of night life. The smaller communities around Austin are nice also.

Bud