Where to buy a Tech II

Suge White

Jul 4, 2016
Queen Creek, AZ
I know this thread is a little bit old but hopefully that's a good thing for my question. For those of you that bought these clone Tech II's, how are they doing for you? I've been chasing a Service 4 wheel drive problem in my wife's Yukon for too long now and I'm thinking this purchase is almost required to have any chance with this electronic masterpiece in my garage.
Thanks in advance,
JT

Rodwerx

Apr 27, 2015
Texas
Bought mine last year on Ali express from Scantoon I think. Will have to check.
They much cheaper right now.
If you are worried about it working out of the box. Do not buy the dirt cheapest unit advertised.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Bought mine last year on Ali express from Scantoon I think. Will have to check.
They much cheaper right now.
If you are worried about it working out of the box. Do not buy the dirt cheapest unit advertised.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What does that mean? Just having software not downloaded yet? Or are you saying it maybe missing cables or other hardware

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Just bought a Candi module from the sicotool website because my genuine GM one doesn't connect most od the time. Itonly $50 but shipping was $35 extra.. I'll let yall know if it's any good.

Proneshooter

Grumpy old man
Aug 21, 2016
Michigan
I know this is an older thread but it pushed me over to get one. I won't have any time to play with it for a while but I do want to give anyone thinking of buying one a heads up. Do not pay extra for the quicker shipping. My order was placed on Sunday Jan.1 and my tool was delivered Thurs. Jan. 5th. I had selected the normal 7 -10 day shipping. Like others have said the shipping options say UPS but it was delivered by DHL.

Pullshard

Nov 27, 2015
CarolinaHD - Did you get the SICO tool version?

All - Ive read thru the thread, but the SICO website has some conflicting info - will the unit they offer fully support all functions on a 2013 LML GMC Sierra 3500HD?

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
I got it in 3 days from Hong Kong, it seems pretty close to the original one. It works and functions fine so far. The newest truck I've had it hooked up to is a 2009.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I've been looking at these clone tech II's. Why do all them say they won't work with trucks? Do they work with trucks? I'd like to pick one up but don't want to buy one that won't work on my trucks. Someone post up a link of one that will work please.

Eddie_LLY

Jul 28, 2014
Colorado
Pretty sure Tom bought his from this place. It's about $400 shipped.

http://www.sicotool.com/2014-gm-tech2-with-candi_p62.html

Where are you guys that are having success with these chinese units buying from? This link takes to a CAN clip selling for $159 that can't be the correct product. I'd like to get one if they're still satisfactory to the guys that have them but I'm thinking the URL's of the vendor website has shifted around enough that I'm looking at the wrong thing.
Thanks in advance

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yep, I bought mine from SicoTool. Have had no problems with it at all. Does everything I need it to.