Where to buy a Tech II

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah that's what I hear. HAHA EFI Live will help things out though :mikelsheep:

sicotool does sell an MDI, too. Just a thought...

Well, looks like Ive got a Tech2 coming next week via Big Brown. Guess we'll see what we'll see.....

Last edited:

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
sicotool does sell an MDI, too. Just a thought...

Well, looks like Ive got a Tech2 coming next week via Big Brown. Guess we'll see what we'll see.....

It will probably come DHL, mine was supposed to be ups 3-5 day, and showed up from DHL.

You guys arent going to like figuring out how to login to globalconnect to use an MDI......If you download the software on your computer, you sign into globalconnect, Then you get to the MDI stuff. But you have 14 days until you actually have to re login to renew the subscription. I was gonna buy an MDI, i have a login, but still a hastle. making sure your computer is always charged, being on wifi to connect, otherwise you have to be corded everywere you go like a V2. Realistically, someone who has an issue with a 14 or 15 LML, its going to the dealer. If they want the junk removed then ill be fine here with my V2 to load in delete tunes and send it one its merry way.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
It will probably come DHL, mine was supposed to be ups 3-5 day, and showed up from DHL.

You guys arent going to like figuring out how to login to globalconnect to use an MDI......If you download the software on your computer, you sign into globalconnect, Then you get to the MDI stuff. But you have 14 days until you actually have to re login to renew the subscription. I was gonna buy an MDI, i have a login, but still a hastle. making sure your computer is always charged, being on wifi to connect, otherwise you have to be corded everywere you go like a V2. Realistically, someone who has an issue with a 14 or 15 LML, its going to the dealer. If they want the junk removed then ill be fine here with my V2 to load in delete tunes and send it one its merry way.

Speak English.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Speak English.

Its pretty straight forward. Globalconnect is what the techs at the dealer use to login to on the internet. If you buy an MDI, you basically HAVE to be able to login to the system for the MDI to work. Once you login, the program is good for 14 days. So for the generic person to buy an MDI and pay $55 for 2 day subscription, is rather pointless.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Its pretty straight forward. Globalconnect is what the techs at the dealer use to login to on the internet. If you buy an MDI, you basically HAVE to be able to login to the system for the MDI to work. Once you login, the program is good for 14 days. So for the generic person to buy an MDI and pay $55 for 2 day subscription, is rather pointless.

Much better.:thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Sorry if I was unclear. I worked for the dealer so I gues it all made sense to me in my head.

Just trying to be helpful :hug:
Everything makes sense to me in my head. For some reason the world isn't on the same page.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Received my Tech2 via DHL today. Everything in good shape. Look forward to start playing with the darn thing tomorrow night. I feel like a kid a Christmas. :roflmao:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Received my Tech2 via DHL today. Everything in good shape. Look forward to start playing with the darn thing tomorrow night. I feel like a kid a Christmas. :roflmao:

DHL...? Come on Tom don't bite the hand that feeds lol!! But congrats on the tech 2, very handy to have around.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, Logan was right. They say UPS when you order, but they use DHL (which is MUCH bigger overseas than us, just not in the USA). Hell, I dont care....it made it here in one piece from HongKong in 4 days. Thats pretty damn cool. Ive wanted one of these things for years.
I figure two brake bleeds and a couple nav radio reprograms and it'll pay for itself. :hehe:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Yeah I may order one for the ABS reset if nothing else. :D I replaced a line on my wife's truck and it'll stop the truck but it's def not as good as my truck. And her ABS light is on.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's crazy, usually things from China make it here faster than a neighboring state. I have to give them that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
Mine shows to be in Dallas. It left Hong Kong Friday. Super excited! I have a few 6 speed ally's that need a fast learn before we take em to the track this weekend.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Yeah I may order one for the ABS reset if nothing else. :D I replaced a line on my wife's truck and it'll stop the truck but it's def not as good as my truck. And her ABS light is on.

If you had a brake line replaced...it does not bleed the entire system, so unless you just have some air trapped at the abs module on the frame, then you still need to manual bleed the brakes prior.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
^ Tis what I meant. Opening the valves on the ABS module to do a full bleed after replacing all the brake hardlines. This will also help with the security relearn on the 1/2 ton when I get it done....so its paid for itself already. :)

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If anyone needs the User Guide for the Tech2, here it is. I had to split it in half due to its size.

Attachments

• Tech2 User Guide Part 1.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
  • Tech2 User Guide Part 2.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 28

loganater

Nov 20, 2014
whatever town im working in
i am going to buy one but one thing sticks out on product page,"Notice:
1. It Can Only Support GM Cars, No Trucks". you guyes say it works fine so im not really bothered, it def works on a lb7 right?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
My boss thinks these "knockoffs" are a joke and won't even entertain the idea of ordering one..

I'm about to order myself one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk