When to upgrade!!

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Well I wasn't planning on buying a pickup but I came across a good deal Tuesday and picked it up last night... Don't know what I was thinking..

Bone stock 2011 LML
A couple I bought it from owned it since 40k mile and used it to tow their camper.

I towed with it this morning and it did damn good with being stock. It didn't seem quite as quick as my LB7 but very close and the one hill I go up in the morning it went up no problem at around 1600 rpms.

I need to tow with it a little more and look it over more in depth before knowing if I want to keep it.

I'm bummed it's a short box but man does it maneuver better than my dually...
It also rides way better and is a lot quieter...

Another factor is I bought the LB7 in 2009 and have done everything to it myself, minus the tuning. Both my boys have sat in the seats or under the hood when I worked on it years ago all the time. As a lot of you guys out there know, memories are tough but with my boys being bigger I look forward to working on different pickup with them.

I've got some thinking to do needless to say...

Yellowchevy
6b68f1c359286de83b9cdafca77f13c9.jpg
4fa5008543f3bc9f8dd0385e32f6b62d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I had a check engine light come on right after I filled the tank for the second time. It was an emissions thing. Don't remember but they did a software upgrade. It's going in tomorrow for another recall/software upgrade and for a few other glitches. I'm hoping the software upgrade fixes everything. I just hope when something happens again it's not another software thing that fixes it. That will get old real quick.
The truck overall is averaging about 17 from the dash display.
This truck is still amazing compared to my 03.
I went from an analog world to a digital world truck wise.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah I have to agree, that would get old fast...
For me I couldn't handle the down time in bring it to the dealership to have them do the warranty work or update the software. If my pickup goes down it hard for me to make money being I use it to pull my trailer to jobsites.
Which is a stock case for keeping my LB7...

Reactions: Pure Diesel

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Personally I refuse to own a DEF/DPF truck hence why I chose to overhaul the engine, transmission, axles, suspension etc on my 2002. To me having zero payment, 100% history, and every option I wanted is crucial.
I was saying this for years too. My daughter's boyfriend and his friends kept saying stay with the pre-smog truck. Well I decided I wanted a new truck, wanted all the new truck stuff, etc. Hey it's my money and I deserved it. My wife has had three new/used cars to my one. She said let's do it and bought it on mother's day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: yellowchevy

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Personally I refuse to own a DEF/DPF truck hence why I chose to overhaul the engine, transmission, axles, suspension etc on my 2002. To me having zero payment, 100% history, and every option I wanted is crucial.
Agreed. Three years of new truck payments and you could have paid for a fully built engine and transmission. And your still not done paying the thing off. If one puts aside the same funds for maintenance and upgrades that it would take to make tuck payments you would always have a very nice tuck that would never break down, comfortable to drive and not have to deal with the newer emissions BS

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Agreed. Three years of new truck payments and you could have paid for a fully built engine and transmission. And your still not done paying the thing off. If one puts aside the same funds for maintenance and upgrades that it would take to make tuck payments you would always have a very nice tuck that would never break down, comfortable to drive and not have to deal with the newer emissions BS
That's how I look at it. I spared realistically zero expenses in the hopes that I would have a reliable truck (outside of small items) for years to come.

Reactions: 2004LB7