What modded cp3 for 100% injectors?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I would call shane at wicked diesel... exergy just copyed his pumps anyway

So your saying they are the same thing? They seem to be a whole lot better from what I've been told. By people with both, not Internet talk. If they aren't the same thing then wouldn't that mean wicked diesel copied floor it pumps?

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
So your saying they are the same thing? They seem to be a whole lot better from what I've been told. By people with both, not Internet talk. If they aren't the same thing then wouldn't that mean wicked diesel copied floor it pumps?

in a way, when shane was modding his pumps, he sent them to exergy for testing... so you can pretty much get an idea on what went on there... im not 100% sure but I believe shane started modding pumps before john... I can tell you this from my experience with john, get ready to wait for a year or better to get a pump from him... at least it didn't go well for me, and others I know

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I think John at floor-it taught wicked and exergy how to build pumps. I know that he talks to Shane quite often and used to build exergy's pumps. John is the pioneer of the his field and has patented technology that no other modified pump builder can touch. I'd say floor-it stg III for the win. I've had my pump on for 30K miles with no problems (stock injectors), not saying it won't fail tomorrow but all companies have their problems. The biggest problem with floor-it is CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!! Christ almighty that guy is hard to get a hold of, but everyone wants what he has and he builds every pump himself, along with dyno's, and working on trucks. I've been there 3 times along with numerous calls and emails to get back on they dyno and so far no luck. I like John and think his pumps are the shit, but in all honesty exergy or wicked would be a more customer friendly company to deal with, although their pump may or may not be as good.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I would be curious if the 10mm and 12mm pumps use the same suction valves.
IMHO leaking suction valves is the root cause of weak/ failed pumps when fuel contamination is not a factor. The suction valves are also the hardest part to get a hold of when building a modified pump. That is what I found out when I was looking into building them.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
My vote is for Exergy pumps hands down! We haven't had any issues with their pumps and we sell and install a ton of them. I have tuned everyone else's pumps including my modded LBZ cp3 and they stack up like this. My modded lbz is good for 45%inj and 700hp range. The wicked and Floor it pumps come in about the same as an Exergy 10mm cp3 and good for up to 800hp range. The 12mm Exergy was good for 900hp single turbo and Im at 1085hp with twin turbos and I'm not out of pump but out of injectors at 100% over(that's holding 28-29K @2500us). I'm going to 200%inj and triple turbos to see if I can get over 1200hp with the 12mm cp3 as a single pump fuel only. I'm not a fan of dual fuelers because of the mess under the hood and the tuning issues with them on street trucks and dsp5 tuning. Customer service and quality products is all Exergy hands down! :thumb:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Mark, what tuning hiccups are you referring to regarding 2xCP3 and street trucks?

Not saying your wrong, I just haven't noticed anything really out of norm

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Mark, what tuning hiccups are you referring to regarding 2xCP3 and street trucks?

Rail pressure bounce on LBZ/LMM trucks when dealing with dual fuelers and dsp5 tuning and big power swings. We need the regulator control table in each of the dsp folders. Rob and I had a conversation about this a couple weeks ago because he is seeing the same thing. Major reason I am testing the 12mm cp3 on my truck so hard because it eliminates a lot of issues.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland

I have not had any rail pressure spikes either with dual fuel.
I only do trucks in the 750-850hp range though.

Maybe on higher demand or lmm injectors there are problems.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I have seen a little bit of rail bounce, but only at max desired rail, when actual wobbles up and town a little bit. Never had any issues as far as that is concerned with drivability though.

Also I deal a lot with single tunes when doing all out race files because I have had some glitches with the DSP2/5 conversion files.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Aaaaarrrruuuugghhh

I'm in deep thought of which way to go, first I was like duals, then I'm like no, modded single, then I'm lik...

You guys are planting trees in my forest of indecision, in which I'm lost:roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I heard about a promo deal through the NHRDA, the best deal I have found was 2100. Where can you get that deal?