What did you do at work today?

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.

I welded these 1" thick plates together (15 total for a combined weight of 2,000+ lbs.). What are they for? I thought you'd never ask! A customer wants to add 2,000 lbs. to the rear of their forklift to stop it from tipping. We told them they need a bigger forklift, they said no we need more weight. The 4 pieces with the "tongue" will go into the current counterweight and the pin will go through and hold all these plates on! Yes, it was their idea not mine I just do what I am told. Do I think it's safe, no, but what do I know???

Last edited:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I drove some CAD work and prepped for a CDR, nothing nearly as fun :roflmao:

Oct 12, 2012
Coatesville PA
7864c4fde663dce6541eb0a0cdba1117.jpg
pushing top soil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Our son would love to see that dozer up close, who am I kidding I would too! Some friends are clearing a lot across from our house and we took our son over yesterday to watch. He had to wear his hard hat. How about that Marmon truck, ever seen one? That's the only one I've ever seen around here.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

I welded these 1" thick plates together (15 total for a combined weight of 2,000+ lbs.). What are they for? I thought you'd never ask! A customer wants to add 2,000 lbs. to the rear of their forklift to stop it from tipping. We told them they need a bigger forklift, they said no we need more weight. The 4 pieces with the "tongue" will go into the current counterweight and the pin will go through and hold all these plates on! Yes, it was their idea not mine I just do what I am told. Do I think it's safe, no, but what do I know???

we have a 5k 1986 nissan forklift at our shop, the pallets of sand we haul in are 3k each pallet. i like double stacking them and riding reverse wheelies with the fork lift :roflmao:. just needs turning brakes so i can turn while in a wheelie :D

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Put an oil pump in a common rail cummins.

Then yanked off a 24v head to go to the machine shop, drove it in the door at 9:23, head ready for machine shop at 10:20..

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Drove 183 miles around Mid-Michigan thru rainy weather delivering packages to my customers. Nothing special or much different than any other weekday.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Drove 2.5hrs to a jobsite, did my consulting engineering thing for a cpl hours, turned around & came home. Got in my 8hrs & was still off mid-afternoon. That's so rare for me.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

If it's tipping it's met the weight limit of the carriage, the lift cylinder will give out.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Miss the oil field. Stay safe out there
X2. I miss Directional Drilling-been a year since my last day on a rig.

Went to the shop today for the first time in weeks for a meeting to find out exactly what day I get terminated. May 31st the paycheque stops and I'll be unemployed.