What did you do at work today?

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Sure will, I'm lucky to still be in one of the last active fields. They've stopped stacking rigs so were just maintaining the best we can at this point. Starting to look up tho:thumb:

Looks like I'll be back down there working again here soon as well. :woott:

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Changing RO membranes today

IMAG0512_zpsyqu3kuvj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
X2. I miss Directional Drilling-been a year since my last day on a rig.

Went to the shop today for the first time in weeks for a meeting to find out exactly what day I get terminated. May 31st the paycheque stops and I'll be unemployed.

Wasn't One of the edmacauted folks. Worked for a casing crew. Had a blast doing it

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
3541c3745fd12b8466276052227b248b.jpg

working on some gun mounts that you can use either a Mongolian PKM or a Czech 249
8e4957f776eb1ab7ed59598dc96c518a.jpg

Got in this morning and they needed 2 spindle but sockets made in a hurry so I threw these together and the boys I work with "nationals" welded them before I could cut out the 3/4 for the ratchet. It's only 8am and already in the 80's today's gonna be a hot one.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
What did you do at work today?

I welded these 1" thick plates together (15 total for a combined weight of 2,000+ lbs.). What are they for? I thought you'd never ask! A customer wants to add 2,000 lbs. to the rear of their forklift to stop it from tipping. We told them they need a bigger forklift, they said no we need more weight. The 4 pieces with the "tongue" will go into the current counterweight and the pin will go through and hold all these plates on! Yes, it was their idea not mine I just do what I am told. Do I think it's safe, no, but what do I know???

We have guys around my work that do this routinly. Mostly auto dismantlers hauling vehicles. Ripping up and down the street carrying cars. Guess thay dont want to take a nose dive if they have to slam on the breaks.

Some of the guys have what looks to be factory weights sitting on the rear. Cast steel and color matched, etc

Mwaterman1

Oct 30, 2014
pittsfield maine
That one will be coming out in a couple years and making its way to my junk collection, I've got 4-4bt 2-6bt and a hino, no clue what to do with them yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
we have a 5k 1986 nissan forklift at our shop, the pallets of sand we haul in are 3k each pallet. i like double stacking them and riding reverse wheelies with the fork lift :roflmao:. just needs turning brakes so i can turn while in a wheelie :D

Get a picture next time, I want to see it!!!

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
We have guys around my work that do this routinly. Mostly auto dismantlers hauling vehicles. Ripping up and down the street carrying cars. Guess thay dont want to take a nose dive if they have to slam on the breaks.

Some of the guys have what looks to be factory weights sitting on the rear. Cast steel and color matched, etc

The forklifts these weights are going on are pretty large forklifts. That's why we told them they needed a bigger forklift. They have two big ones and are gonna switch these weights back and forth depending which one goes out on the job. They said they have another, larger forklift they want to add 4,000 lbs. to, we'll see. What gets me is they are putting all this weight on a 1 1/2" pin with the 4 pieces holding it all together. I don't trust the pin.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Boring computer stuff. Converting our access control, alarm, fire alarm software to a newer version of the software. Not a direct upgrade but a data migration. A lot of typing and copy/pasting to get everything switched over.