VS built 7.3

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
He clearly doesnt know the mods to his own truck. Like stated above ford injectors are rated in cc's the nozzles are % over stock. Like my old 7.3 had 250/100's. 250cc's more than stock and 100% larger than stock nozzles. And a 38r is t an 88mm!!! My truck also had a 38r... Its a 66mm inducer. The exducer of the comp wheel is 88mm

Starting to make sense...his brother owns the fastest 6.0 in colorado..at least when he cranks his edge up to 5:D he's pretty sure he can beat me lol..

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
Yea from the sounds of it you shouldnt have an issue with him! My 7.3 had quite a bit done to it and it was only a 500ish hp truck. It was pretty quick though because it was a regular cab OBS so it didnt weigh much. It hurt a few guys feelings. Couple corvettes, mustangs, camaro's, couple cummins guys and a guy with a deleted slightly modded 6.4 regular cab

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Yea from the sounds of it you shouldnt have an issue with him! My 7.3 had quite a bit done to it and it was only a 500ish hp truck. It was pretty quick though because it was a regular cab OBS so it didnt weigh much. It hurt a few guys feelings. Couple corvettes, mustangs, camaro's, couple cummins guys and a guy with a deleted slightly modded 6.4 regular cab

Guy with the 6.4 must of either been horrible at driving or has horrible tuning...

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
It was from a roll and i didnt kill him. It was a close race. It was at TS back in 2010. He was a friend of mine. We were leaving the pulls headed back to the hotel. Coming off the on ramp he pulled beside me.. We made eye contact and it was on like donkey kong. We both switched to the hot tunes and leaned on it. Did it 3 times and each time i pulled him to past 100mph. Wish i would have kept that truck.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
It was from a roll and i didnt kill him. It was a close race. It was at TS back in 2010. He was a friend of mine. We were leaving the pulls headed back to the hotel. Coming off the on ramp he pulled beside me.. We made eye contact and it was on like donkey kong. We both switched to the hot tunes and leaned on it. Did it 3 times and each time i pulled him to past 100mph. Wish i would have kept that truck.

I will have to say that is pretty impressive then! I had a 7.3 as well with a slight bit of work done to and did rather enjoy the truck... Back then being my first diesel I thought it was the fastest thing in town :roflmao:

Plus it rolled tons of coal which meant it had more powaaa then anyone :D

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Sounds like it won't even be a race! I would watch out though, he could be sand bagging a bit.

From a roll is fun if you have a lockup box... Little brake boost to spool her up and as soon as you nail to go it the box will lock and "she gone"!! :woott::D

You have to make sure to manually put it in a lower gear so it does fall under the power curve when the lock up box locks. Just depends on the mph/gear.

Not sure if this is frowned upon or not but it flat scoots! The boys down here with manuals always want to run from a roll.

Who's lock up box are you using? That sounds like a pretty good idea, I currently just brake boost it until it downshifts. It works quite well for me but i could always use a harder hit :D

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
I will have to say that is pretty impressive then! I had a 7.3 as well with a slight bit of work done to and did rather enjoy the truck... Back then being my first diesel I thought it was the fastest thing in town :roflmao:

Plus it rolled tons of coal which meant it had more powaaa then anyone :D

Yea mine had aeromotive a1000, regulated return, head studs, hd push rods, comp 910's, superduty uppipes and mount, gtp38r, dual oil pumps, fluidampr, electric fans, intercooler, 250/100's and a full built trans and triple disc converter. Oil pumps, injectors, fuel system and tuning were all swamps.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Yea mine had aeromotive a1000, regulated return, head studs, hd push rods, comp 910's, superduty uppipes and mount, gtp38r, dual oil pumps, fluidampr, electric fans, intercooler, 250/100's and a full built trans and triple disc converter. Oil pumps, injectors, fuel system and tuning were all swamps.

Yea you had me beat by a longshot! lol

Rich

Jul 27, 2010
Roy, Ut
My truck..epr S475/stock..ATS trans, fass 150, 4:56 gears on 37's, kryptonite stg 3, cognito bars and braces

Vs

2002 EC/SB 4" lift on 35's. He's got a pretty healthy list of mods..I know he's having a little trouble lighting her up but here it is
130 over injectors, powermaxx gtp 38 r Garrett ball bearing 88mm turbo, decked the heads, ceramic coated pistons, ts performance matched chip to injectors and turbo, 4 in exhaust, bigger intake valves and heaver Springs

You should have no problem

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Not yet..he went to work for a different company down in Denver....that with all this snow has made planning it tough..but my lift Is coming off in the next coupe weeks

So he better hurry and free up some time before that happens:D

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
You are going to embarrass him, then after your done go embarrass his brother. "fastest 6.0 in CO". lol Whats it run? like a 13.0?

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Haha ya I'm not sure how well that 6.0 runs...its just chipped, exhaust, and cai..bla bla bla ....but he's pretty proud of it..got a go pro for Christmas:D good time to test it out

lifteddirty

Aug 20, 2013
casper wy
You will definitely take him. My truck will usually beat my buddies 7.3, he has a ton done to it, turbo, injectors, trans, built engine. You have to think with about the connecting rods, the PMR's in the99-02 7.3s will only last a little while at 450-500 horsepower before one doesn't play nice with the block. Most duramaxes with a tune will out run a built 7.3

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
2001+ rods are the junk ones.. 99 and early 2000 are still good. I know several good running 7.3s that make common rail guys cry, they LOVE nitrous as well.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I had a guy talkin the shizz about my truck a while back, I told him to put the rubber to the road and shut up and never heard back from him and his durty (p-pumped) dodge.....:roflmao:

Hopefully he actually gives you the chance to see how "bad azz" his truck "really" is...:cool: