Upper control arms

bonac05lly

Jan 7, 2014
NY
What are your opinions on the best upper controls arms to get? It's for an 05 2500hd 4x4. Thanks in advance.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Djm makes them for lowered trucks. I am using Cognitio's. They are flipped upside down and swapped sides to get ball joint angles strait.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Been super impressed with my Kryptonite UCA's. Installed nice and are beefy as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Do some research on the product your buying if your looking for an arm that will benefit what your doing. DJM and Cognito have the ball joint angle adjusted for leveling or dropping, the other mentioned is a fancy stock replacement part.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
If your dropping the front stay away from cognito uca's. It puts the ball joint at a bad angle when lowering it lower than stock. Also you will not be able to get caster in spec. Stick with stock. And if you go with stock uca's replacements don't get ac delco. There ball joint design stops the uca's before the uca's hit the frame stop. I have to replace my 2 month old uca's because the boot is coming apart because of there crappy design. I went with moog uca's this time....

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If your dropping the front stay away from cognito uca's. It puts the ball joint at a bad angle when lowering it lower than stock. Also you will not be able to get caster in spec. Stick with stock. And if you go with stock uca's replacements don't get ac delco. There ball joint design stops the uca's before the uca's hit the frame stop. I have to replace my 2 month old uca's because the boot is coming apart because of there crappy design. I went with moog uca's this time....

there is a certain way to run the cognito UCA if you run the truck lowered....

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
If you talking about running the ball joint from the top of the uca's I did that. I had flat cv's and the ball joint angle was bad. I cranked it up 2 turns and it made it a little better but they still could not get caster in spec. I did not try flipping the uca's upside down though....

Last edited:

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
I tried cognito UCA when I took my lift off and sat lower than stock. I was unable to get in spec at all either.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Is there an advantage to running cognito uca's flipped and on opposite sides vs just stock arms on a lower than stock height truck?

besides someone bombing it off road, not really for 90% of the people out there. you have a better ball joint attachment with a cognito arm and the joint is a bit bigger but thats about it. if you were going for max suspension travel, i would recommend them. what im stating is more for those that have a leveled truck and want to go lowered.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
besides someone bombing it off road, not really for 90% of the people out there. you have a better ball joint attachment with a cognito arm and the joint is a bit bigger but thats about it. if you were going for max suspension travel, i would recommend them. what im stating is more for those that have a leveled truck and want to go lowered.
I would have saved some money doing it this way. Actually I would have not spent anything on stock replacements. Just time and money for alignment.....

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I gave zero problems with Cognito UCAs and the truck being lower. All alignment specs work fine and no wear issues. Truck drives good and handles good.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
I thought they were similar to cognito and gave better upper ball joint angles for lifted/leveled trucks?