Upper control arms

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015
Trucks currently sitting level with the front end cranked and running 305/70r16. Bought some new tires and want to lower it. Just want to remove the front torsion bar bolts.

What do I need to do with my kryptonite upper control arms to be able to get the in spec? Flip them over and swap sides? If flip them do the ball joints mount above or below?

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Do the kryptonite's have the ball joint at a different angle for being leveled like the cognito's? If the ball joint angle is factory then you prob won't have to do anything besides get an alignment. Since the cognito's ball joint angle is different than factory you can do the flip and switch when lowering instead of lifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Do the kryptonite's have the ball joint at a different angle for being leveled like the cognito's? If the ball joint angle is factory then you prob won't have to do anything besides get an alignment. Since the cognito's ball joint angle is different than factory you can do the flip and switch when lowering instead of lifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are at a different angle, so you'll have to flip and swap sides same as with the cognitos

Corey

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'm using the Cognito upper arms. They are mounted upside down on opposite sides. Doing that fixed my upper ball joint angles. The alignment shop couldn't get it aligned properly with how low my truck is, it was 2 deg off. To fix the problem We put Djm lower arms on, They are shorter then the factory arms. I'm dropped abt 4 inch on the front and 5 in the rear. My cv angles are flat. I'm also using stock spindles.

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015
I'm using the Cognito upper arms. They are mounted upside down on opposite sides. Doing that fixed my upper ball joint angles. The alignment shop couldn't get it aligned properly with how low my truck is, it was 2 deg off. To fix the problem We put Djm lower arms on, They are shorter then the factory arms. I'm dropped abt 4 inch on the front and 5 in the rear. My cv angles are flat. I'm also using stock spindles.

And where did you mount the upper ball joint did you bolt it and let it hang below the plate or drop it down from above so it's sitting on the plate?

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Mine are mounted on top of the a arm and fall threw the hole. That looked the best on the joint. If you'd like me to send you some pics pm me your number. I had them on here but space is limited.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mine are mounted on top of the a arm and fall threw the hole. That looked the best on the joint. If you'd like me to send you some pics pm me your number. I had them on here but space is limited.

This would be best but depending on drop, a little testing of mounted one way over the other may need to happen. The idea is to keep the ball joint close to perpendicular of the arm though sometimes it never 100% works that way. That's ok though as ball joints are designed to do that. You just don't want them at an extreme angle or the joint stopping at an angle before the suspension has hit its bumpstops.

colorado.dmax

Apr 19, 2015
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm good without the pictures thanks for the offer though.

What did you do with the bump stops? Just remove them?