Ultimate Event Thread

BIG PHIL

32 valve
Aug 24, 2011
Weatherford Texas
I would not be a competitor, just a spectator. Having said that, I am always impressed with the towing abilities of my truck and I have always like the trailer tow drag race. I know two people have said no to it but I just thought I would throw my opinion out there. Sounds like a cool idea and I would come watch for sure if it was kinda close to Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
The thought of an event put on by us, for us is totally cool. Sooner or later if it was to happen, a small group of guys would have to basically volunteer their time to organize it. Lotta time, lotta phone calls, lotta stress. While I have my doubts about how many would actually make a long road trip to attend, I do believe strongly in the overall good nature/willingness to help spirit found in diesel guys/gals. If it could be done, it would be a first and would be sweet to be able to say a year later: "I was there".

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I'm on the east coast and although I would love for it to be close to me I'd travel further to make this event simply because of the people putting it on. I think lots of people feel the same and the turnout would be big. Also for the people trying to get this together you could contact Jesse Spruill or Buck, They get the event in Creswell NC together and would be a good source for advise on putting something like this together. I know they have been burned on a sponsorship so I'm sure they could help out with do's and dont's.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
I will submit my idea since discussion is going on. It got zero responses on Compd so it must be pretty good. It was more of an idea to increase participation than a national event, but here goes:

Run what you brung

Lewis class scoring ( enter best pass out of 3, each ten places constitutes a class, or whatever number divides the entries evenly)

That's the main parts, I figured a level playing field might entice some folks to hit the track. I guess it could go for pulling and dyno too. Anyone here got an opinion on it?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
And maybe we could have 4 or so regional events to produce a finals that is central at the end of the year? This would allow everyone across the nation to compete and logistically make it easier.

03Tommy

Jun 2, 2008
Weston, Mo
There is no track in KC anymore. Anything close to the track in St Louis where a pull could be held? I have never been to that track.

Heartland park in Topeka Ks?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
heartland park should have allot of room, they even have a road race coarse, which would probably be a really bad idea but tempting.