Ultimate Event Thread

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I'm starting this thread in hopes to get together with EVERYONE on this forum to put our heads together for the ULTIMATE event. I'm in the position where i can help turn something pretty legit out and would like to work with everyone to try and get something good going. So heres the deal…

We need to find a location centrally located for guys east and west coast. A date far enough away where everyone will have the opportunity to go. A schedule of events that will allow EVERYONE the opportunity to have a great time and enjoy Diesel motor sports and the company of other enthusiasts. This is not just for us Duramax guys, i'd like to spread it around once we have a solid plan to the other forums (cummins, PSA, comp d) It's time we all realized that we are this Industry, Without Enthusiast like us (and all the others)many if not all of these companies and magazines wouldn't be around. I want this to be an event "for us, By us"

ANY and ALL suggestions welcome

Last edited:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think the truck has to drive to the event also.. and I think we should find a place on the eastcoast. It seems like every major event is out west...
X2- I would love to make it to more events but they are all so far away. Something On the East Coast would make it a lot easier to attend.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Kentucky is a great pick for a central location. It should be in the spring time as that's when most will be done or finishing up there winter project on the trucks. Of course the normal Dyno, 1/4, 1/8 trailer tow, and sled pull.

I don't get the trailer obstacle course that's all on if you have had a trailer hooked up before or not in my personal opinion.

To make up for how many people would be there you could rotate groups. So one group starts on 1/4 one on 1/8 trailer, one on dyno, and one group on sled pull. Or pick one as the last major even where who ever has survived the other events could really be the deciding factor.

That way you are not waiting hours for everyone to finish one event. It'll keep the action going all day.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Kentucky is a great pick for a central location. It should be in the spring time as that's when most will be done or finishing up there winter project on the trucks. Of course the normal Dyno, 1/4, 1/8 trailer tow, and sled pull.

I don't get the trailer obstacle course that's all on if you have had a trailer hooked up before or not in my personal opinion.

To make up for how many people would be there you could rotate groups. So one group starts on 1/4 one on 1/8 trailer, one on dyno, and one group on sled pull. Or pick one as the last major even where who ever has survived the other events could really be the deciding factor.

That way you are not waiting hours for everyone to finish one event. It'll keep the action going all day.

Does there really need to be any trailer tow? I don't really see that as an event that people will be jumping to do lol. Just my thoughts but it's not just up to me. This doesn't need to "mimic" the DPC i just want us to put together something epic!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I like the idea of a sled pull, dyno and drag racing event. Tire swaps are allowed, as well as any other setup modifications.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
But we need a competition to see who can hook the best J turns with only one hand on the wheel.... while adjusting the AC:hello:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So we make it east coast so us west coast guys can't make it out? Lol

If this event actually does happen "centrally", ill definitely set the time aside to drive out. May not compete but showing up to put faces to names I may never meet again would be a awesome thing to do

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com

If this event actually does happen "centrally", ill definitely set the time aside to drive out. May not compete but showing up to put faces to names I may never meet again would be a awesome thing to do

Input by all is welcome, Nothing is even close to being set in stone. Thoughts are just getting thrown out on the "table" so to speak at this point

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA

X2

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Not trying to come across rude but not all the major events are out west. TS and Scheid are nowhere near any of us out west. If you want to be "fair" (will never happen) wouldn't Missouri be a state in the "middle" of the country? Just sayin.

On a sperate thought....how about something like the NCAA tournament where there could be regional qualifiers (competitions in the North, S,E, and W). The top however many from each region meet in the middle for the main event no holds bar competition to smash all competitions! Just need to figure out where the $ will come from to put these things on!

I vote we no longer talk about DPC and delete the very name from all further threads lol

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Not trying to come across rude but not all the major events are out west. TS and Scheid are nowhere near any of us out west. If you want to be "fair" (will never happen) wouldn't Missouri be a state in the "middle" of the country? Just sayin.

On a sperate thought....how about something like the NCAA tournament where there could be regional qualifiers (competitions in the North, S,E, and W). The top however many from each region meet in the middle for the main event no holds bar competition to smash all competitions! Just need to figure out where the $ will come from to put these things on!

Sounds good but im pretty sure the funds will not be there to rent 3 tracks on 3 seperate days not to mention setting up a rules commission to be at 3 different tracks all over the country