Ultimate Event Thread

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
....that is if everyone is even in agreement for regional qualifiers first. The other option still on the table is one main event over 1 or more days. Once this decision is made,
Then we can all mutually decide on the site for the final, which I strongly believe should be smack dab in the center of this country. This way guys in Cali and those in Maine can't bitch.

Hopefully more members post in this thread with their opinions soon. It needs to be a majority decision.
I say just have 1 yearly event muliples it is to hard for people to make or they just may not show if they win their home state then are asked to drive 1000 miles to make another meet.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I say just have 1 yearly event muliples it is to hard for people to make or they just may not show if they win their home state then are asked to drive 1000 miles to make another meet.

I agree with your point. Just remember, that's a LOT of people to duke it out in 3 events. Gonna need multiple days for sure before the dust ( er smoke) settles and the winners are decided. Don't forget people gotta get to work on Monday and need a head start to drive home.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Just my .02 but I would suggest some exhibitions from some semi sled pullers and also some tractor pullers. One of the best pulls I was at was in coshocton OH a few years ago that had a good mix of trucks, semi's. I thought to myself that it would be kick ass to have an event that could combine all the above. In regards to Rules, should just be nhrda drag racing rules and index's for ease of instruction and ntpa or another pulling league for pulling rules. This I can imagine would make it easier for drivers to meet a more standardized criteria. I think Missouri would be a good location for the event.

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
Maybe having local "truck clubs" volunteer to do certain tasks. If they can get enough members to attend. For instance. At the west coast customs truck show. "Truckin for kids" So cal diesel trucks volunteer every year to help set things up. Parking lot, dying event and other things. That way you can have some organization when it comes to setting things up.
Just my 2cents. I would drive to the mid west. Not sure about trucking back out east coast just did that last year. :confused: 4 days of driving. Lol

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
This has allot of downsides as far as being equal, but here goes.
4 or 6 venues on the same day.
We take a perfectly stock truck and run a quarter mile or pull at each.
The stock truck is sort of the index and then everyone post there results.
I know we are giving up allot and there are allot of factors that make it unequal.
But as far as driving everywhere and proving a point that we aren't going to deal with the dpc drama, having a duramax weekend, getting a trial run.
Well this would serve the purpose

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Kansas or Missouri sounds great!:thumb: although the Yellowstone drag strip in Acton Montana is one of the best tracks around! They put down a lot of VHT and launching is real good:thumb: they also have a sled pull area. I am game for whatever.:):D