UDP Cat filter adapters

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Actually rollingthecoal I as well received tuning from UDP about a year ago and never got the chance to even run their tunes. I bought the tunes and was sent the email went to put them in and there was nothing to be found..from there on out I haven't even thought about dealing with UDP when purchasing all other mods I have now as well as my tuning plus from what you said your truck blowing up I'm glad their tunes didn't go in my truck.

Im not standing up for them but did you try to resolve it?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Well I just gonna have to settle for the babbling expert than.
I think if someone was to call exergy, or a diesel injection test shop, they would confirm the info I provided.
You guys can continue to climb all over me, but eventually we will all be up to speed here on these injector tests and I think we will have an understanding of whats is being tested.

If you guys really want I may be able to make up a nice presentation on how a common rail injector works whats inside, what typically fails and what the fix is for the injectors.

But at this point I think you guys may have had enough

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I think if someone was to call exergy, or a diesel injection test shop, they would confirm the info I provided.
You guys can continue to climb all over me, but eventually we will all be up to speed here on these injector tests and I think we will have an understanding of whats is being tested.

If you guys really want I may be able to make up a nice presentation on how a common rail injector works whats inside, what typically fails and what the fix is for the injectors.

That is what were asking you. Were asking for your advice from your experience because we dont knoe.

Why cant you ever answer useful questions. You just skate around everything.

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Im not standing up for them but did you try to resolve it?

Nothing to resolve its complete BS

We tune for tons of trucks all over the country and not ever a issue blowing anything up and if there was ever a tune needed adjusted it happens for free no questions asked. Mike is a bad a** tuner and if for some reason Mike is out and can not tune we use Steve Schmitzer. Both of them can get the job done on any truck, stock built to 1500hp :thumb:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
That is what were asking you. Were asking for your advice from your experience because we dont knoe.

Why cant you ever answer useful questions. You just skate around everything.

ok I am gonna post a long explanation of this i am typing it now

rollingthecoal

Feb 4, 2013
Easy there trolls

We have yet to blow a truck up with our tuning. (not that we try unless its our own stuff lol)

This is going nowhere, just some bashing of a few friends signing up to cause issues.

Maybe the mods can clean this up. Id be willing to bet ip address put all these guys in a reasonable close area??

If you 2 pm me your actual names we can ghet to the bottom of your issue, but I bet either of you 2 will not simply for the fact you bogus!

Try again! :baby:
Mike, the first tune I got from you back in may of 2011 wouldn't hardly run in my truck cause there was something messed up in it. Not knowing much about efi I had a local friend Atleast get the truck running well cause everytime I called youd always call me back....so you said. Then you both bitched at me about changing the tune?? Cause I love to sit in a driveway with a truck that won't run and a business that wouldn't call me back. Seriously???

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
A common rail injector can be triggered by a solenoid or about 100 piezeo crystals.
In some injectors like early dmax the solenoid pushes a long plunger down on a very small check ball. This check ball sits on a valve seat, if the valve seat is pitted the seat doesn't seal or if the ball is outta round. this can cause high return rates or early boi (beginning of injection)
The cummins uses a big metal ball in the solenoid instead of a plunger same principal.
In between the valve and the plunger is a connecting rod, that rod is what holds downward pressure on the needle in the nozzle, there is a pointer and 2 calibrators in tht portion of the injector, also one samll spring to assist the movement.

when someone does a baseline test that means they took a stock injector and put a sensor on the needle in the nozzle and timed it from when the injector was triggered and put it on a graph.
manufactures used to graph all of this and re calibrate injectors for consistent BOI
They discovered that was costly and it was cheaper to just allow the ecm to control BOI with injector flow rate programming. so in lbz up trucks there are flow rates on the injectors which tell the ecm how to adjust the trigger so that injector fires as designed.
typical failuyres are sticky plungers or con rods, siezed nozzles from lack of fuel or air, leaking check balls, leaky nozzles, and in lb7 the injector splits where return rail screws in. on some lbz the ball staked in the side pops out and they leak fuels external.
leaky nozzles typically are caused by overheated injector tips as the cooling system is the head and engine coolant and blown heads or excess heat soft the pintle seat in nozzle causing distortion

piezeo injectors need to have return pressure of about 100 psi because the crystals are not strong enough to operatwe the injector properly.

The peizeo injectors also have a "magic capsule" down by the nozzle instead of the traditional pointer and shims, the caplsule makes nozzle replacement require allot more dexterity and jiggly to get them assembled.

To test the injectors fuel is brought to temp for the correct specific gravity.
then the injector is checked for total leakage backflow/return rate, and fuel delivery, a strobe light is used to visually verify good spray angle.
in custom stuff when usually slot the nozzles and remove the 2 small dowel pins, then we put pins in all 7 holes and install it in the head, this is how we verify the injector will properly fuel the cylinder the way we want it to.

I can post some pics if that would help

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com

We already have a good understaning of how this works. I dont want to be dumbed down by someone that used wikipedia to explain this to us.
Are you going to post your shop info for us or keep hiding in your labatory/basement posting away.

Also I like how you have a "Fix" for the injectors, considering you say your rebuilding them. :roflmao: You make no sense what so ever.

OMG what a waste of time.