UDP Cat filter adapters

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
It would also be nice if you guys ever paid my friend back for his injector cores he sent in 8 months ago. He is tired of asking but I don't have a problem calling you out.
I know this because 3 of the "remans" you sold him went bad right away. He came to my shop this time and we fixed it for him.

He was paid back his cores. He got a check months ago :thumb: If he says different ill be more then happy to post a image of the check written to him.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
It would also be nice if you guys ever paid my friend back for his injector cores he sent in 8 months ago. He is tired of asking but I don't have a problem calling you out.
I know this because 3 of the "remans" you sold him went bad right away. He came to my shop this time and we fixed it for him.
Our gm/Bosch injectors come from straight from gm. I don't ever recall someone calling about a bad gm injector. They carry a warranty as well so it would be stupid not to call and ask for a replacement. We have seen a few new 6.0 injectors go right away and replaced under warranty, but again I really don't remember anyone calling and complaint about gm injector purchase or asking for new ones. As far as the core refund goes, typically we don't even charge the core unless the customer can not get the cores back pretty quick. Your buddy was charged a core fee, just like we were by our supplier. When the cores come back and we got our core fee back, he was also refunded. I think we had like 1 case where a couple cores were not acceptable (which is this case) and customer told us he'd wait to see if core were accepted as good cores, which a couple were not, and he revived a core fee refund for the good ones, I think like 6 of them???

This was awhile ago and he did get a check. Call the shop or pm me if there is still question because nobody at the shop has heard anything about someone getting bad injectors or no core refund.

Thanks.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Where did i say forums suck? :rolleyes: Read again.

BTW we do all our own tuning in house:thumb:

You said they are the world to many people but a small piece of your business implying you burned your image on forums and rely on every kid reading a magazine.

Look at LHFS, nobody even knew who the guy was and hes already made a killing.

I know you do your own, it was a joke.

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
You said they are the world to many people but a small piece of your business implying you burned your image on forums and rely on every kid reading a magazine.

Look at LHFS, nobody even knew who the guy was and hes already made a killing.

I know you do your own, it was a joke.

I said DD and Forums are a small tiny piece of the diesel community but to some (these guys with 12,000+ posts and on here day and night) its the world. To me its not the world and IMO more kids are on forums then opening magazines. Kids dont want to pay $8 bucks for a magazine these days but the older crowd will. We rely on the local business and do tons of repair and performance since we have a shop and not just a internet whore house. The forums are way to much drama for me. It doesnt make two craps to me if im loved on here or not, if im a vendor or not, if my image here is burned or not im not going to change who i am and will always speak my mind keyboard or in person. If anyone has a issue with me 2595 west post rd 89119 is wher i am everyday.

I dont even know who LHFS is i never even heard of them.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I said DD and Forums are a small tiny piece of the diesel community but to some (these guys with 12,000+ posts and on here day and night) its the world. To me its not the world and IMO more kids are on forums then opening magazines. Kids dont want to pay $8 bucks for a magazine these days but the older crowd will. We rely on the local business and do tons of repair and performance since we have a shop and not just a internet whore house. The forums are way to much drama for me. It doesnt make two craps to me if im loved on here or not, if im a vendor or not, if my image here is burned or not im not going to change who i am and will always speak my mind keyboard or in person. If anyone has a issue with me 2595 west post rd 89119 is wher i am everyday.

I dont even know who LHFS is i never even heard of them.

I don't really care I am just giving you chit.

I was off the forums for a long time till a couple days ago. Remember why I wasn't on them much. Too much BS to go through usually.

You never pissed me off, just others. I can't remember those days. Doesn't matter.

Longhorn Fab Shop.

I just like hitting your funny bone.:hug:

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
I don't really care I am just giving you chit.

I was off the forums for a long time till a couple days ago. Remember why I wasn't on them much. Too much BS to go through usually.

You never pissed me off, just others. I can't remember those days. Doesn't matter.

Longhorn Fab Shop.

I just like hitting your funny bone.

Yea i was off the forums for a long time too and i think im about to take another break. The past 18hrs of drama on here has already been enough for me to last a couple years.

Never meant to piss you off. I dont know who Longhorn Fab Shop is.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Yea i was off the forums for a long time too and i think im about to take another break. The past 18hrs of drama on here has already been enough for me to last a couple years.

Never meant to piss you off. I dont know who Longhorn Fab Shop is.

They just make a bunch of smoke tunes. There the topic of hate lately.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Our gm/Bosch injectors come from straight from gm. I don't ever recall someone calling about a bad gm injector. They carry a warranty as well so it would be stupid not to call and ask for a replacement. We have seen a few new 6.0 injectors go right away and replaced under warranty, but again I really don't remember anyone calling and complaint about gm injector purchase or asking for new ones. As far as the core refund goes, typically we don't even charge the core unless the customer can not get the cores back pretty quick. Your buddy was charged a core fee, just like we were by our supplier. When the cores come back and we got our core fee back, he was also refunded. I think we had like 1 case where a couple cores were not acceptable (which is this case) and customer told us he'd wait to see if core were accepted as good cores, which a couple were not, and he revived a core fee refund for the good ones, I think like 6 of them???

This was awhile ago and he did get a check. Call the shop or pm me if there is still question because nobody at the shop has heard anything about someone getting bad injectors or no core refund.

Thanks.

That sounds like the deal.
Why wouldn't all his cores be acceptable, there was no external damage and everyone knows lb7 bodies crack and leak. gm gives credit for busted injector bodies.
but yes mike you and newly are correct, if the guy is from maryland you got it right. he told me you gave hime part of the core money back and not the other half.\
And now i just had to fix 3 more injectors for him becasue he said he is all done with you guys.
I told hiom he should check on the warranty with you because he just got them.
truck was fuel knocking and smoking and he is super adament about good fuel/filters. I saw no signs of any contamination.
I still have the cores I took out of the truck
How would you like to handle it?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Ok I gotcha.
Problem with tuning is anyone with a computer and the ability to compare tunes can make scripts and "tune" trucks.

Only deal is if they screw up can the "tuner" also be a technician and diagnose and fix the truck.
Best place to get a tune is from a shop that actually can diagnose and repair trucks.
A re[putable shop will either write their own great calibrations or get a quality product from a good tuning guy that they can stand behind.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
There are a lot of copy and paste tuners out there. Thats why most lock there tunes now. Most of the good tuners out there stand out when you see them tune big injector and turbo trucks. Thats the when the real talent comes out.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
That sounds like the deal.
Why wouldn't all his cores be acceptable, there was no external damage and everyone knows lb7 bodies crack and leak. gm gives credit for busted injector bodies.
but yes mike you and newly are correct, if the guy is from maryland you got it right. he told me you gave hime part of the core money back and not the other half.\
And now i just had to fix 3 more injectors for him becasue he said he is all done with you guys.
I told hiom he should check on the warranty with you because he just got them.
truck was fuel knocking and smoking and he is super adament about good fuel/filters. I saw no signs of any contamination.
I still have the cores I took out of the truck
How would you like to handle it?
First off, I never called anyone a liar. You didn't have correct info on the situation. And still don't have all the details. If your friend decided not to deal with us that's his deal. It's especially not your deal or even your business really, specifically when you don't have all the facts and its hearsay.

As far as cores, I'm not sure where to go with that. I don't make those rules, our supplier told us that was the case and refunded exactly what we have back. I asked him if he wanted to wait a little longer and we can try to push our supplier and he said no, it's fine. (Btw, he got more than half back that you stated he only got half. -your info is yet again incorrect).

As far as the 3 that should be warranty issues, I can revisit the order, and see if we can get them warrantied. How ever that is up to him to contact us with the issue and get it taken care of, Not a friend of his. We have sold and or installed somewhere around 4 hundred lb7 injectors and never once had one bad right away, let alone 3 in 1 order. Not saying it can't or doesn't happen, but that's what we have seen. We use Bosch remans (what the industry considers new) and that's all we sell. We have access to injectors from other companies but we choose not to save the couple bucks and go with them as we don't want to have or see someone with an injector issue, especially on an lb7. I'll see tomorrow if we can still cover them under warranty, if so have your friend get in touch with us and will help him out. Otherwise, your wasting both of our time with he said she said accusations.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
First off, I never called anyone a liar. You didn't have correct info on the situation. And still don't have all the details. If your friend decided not to deal with us that's his deal. It's especially not your deal or even your business really, specifically when you don't have all the facts and its hearsay.

As far as cores, I'm not sure where to go with that. I don't make those rules, our supplier told us that was the case and refunded exactly what we have back. I asked him if he wanted to wait a little longer and we can try to push our supplier and he said no, it's fine. (Btw, he got more than half back that you stated he only got half. -your info is yet again incorrect).

As far as the 3 that should be warranty issues, I can revisit the order, and see if we can get them warrantied. How ever that is up to him to contact us with the issue and get it taken care of, Not a friend of his. We have sold and or installed somewhere around 4 hundred lb7 injectors and never once had one bad right away, let alone 3 in 1 order. Not saying it can't or doesn't happen, but that's what we have seen. We use Bosch remans (what the industry considers new) and that's all we sell. We have access to injectors from other companies but we choose not to save the couple bucks and go with them as we don't want to have or see someone with an injector issue, especially on an lb7. I'll see tomorrow if we can still cover them under warranty, if so have your friend get in touch with us and will help him out. Otherwise, your wasting both of our time with he said she said accusations.

I never ever deny a customer his core money, ever!!!!
Bosch injectors are new only.
You sold him industrial injection stuff.
Guys name is brandon s.
He will be in vegas on a layover tomoroow
please contact him so you can give him his 600 dollars and 3 injectors on a layover, he will have the bad ones and a test sheet from us with him showing leaking checkballs with return rates over 90 mm3

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I never ever deny a customer his core money, ever!!!!
Bosch injectors are new only.
You sold him industrial injection stuff.
Guys name is brandon s.
He will be in vegas on a layover tomoroow
please contact him so you can give him his 600 dollars and 3 injectors on a layover, he will have the bad ones and a test sheet from us with him showing leaking checkballs with return rates over 90 mm3

They are not new they are remans. There would be no core if they were new. de de de.

Unless it is the mechanics fault, customers get denied core coverage on many things. Outside if injectors, there are a lot of parts than can be damaged by the operator to the point of not being an acceptable core.

Many of the other suppliers get their remans right from Bosch too. Not too many people redoing these.

Return rates of 90mm3 eh? You need to quit trying.

Return rates on an individual injector cannot exceed 3-5ml during a 15 second period depending on the fuels specific gravity.

Do you know how many cubic millimeters it takes to make up one milliliter? The answer is 1000 mm3 create 1ml. So it would take 3000-5000mm3 to create the 3-5ml needed to rule an injector faulty. If for some reason you measured it in mm3 then that injector is returning 0.01ml which is the furthest thing from being bad and probably not even possible. If you mean 90ml, I would love to see that test.

I am not standing up for UDP or anyone. But you really need to just stop. You are so backwards on so much of your stuff on all of these forums. I swear you just look at EFI Live if you even have it and think you know these things inside and out.

Tell me how you did your return rate test?????

Tell everyone again what the name of your awesome diesel shop is?

However especially in this case. Everyone on here especially those with a business knows how the he said/she said hearsay BS goes. Customer deals directly with person selling. If you were the one buying them from UDP and installing them for your buddy, then you would have the right to talk. But the money isn't going through your hands.

I for one know how even the people you think are the closest most honest friends will skew the story to try and make it in their favor, however not every time it is intentional, sometimes they just don't quite understand things and get them messed up.

With you trying to be a middle man you are making things way more complicated than they need to be. Have your buddy call them and figure it out. No need for all of the BS on here hiding behind a key board regurgitating your view of the story he fed you.

Cores get denied in the industry all of the time, its just the way things go. Sometimes things are accidentally damaged and you just have to accept it and move on.

Last edited:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
SPec on return rates in 60mm3
I like under 50
I use a mak tester from us diesel really good test bench
I actually test my injectors properly, not like some dealer tesh with graduated cylinders fumble f%%king around man thats a total pita
Bosch charges me a 100 dollar core, that is just to keep cores out of rebuilders hands.
I repair and rebuild injectors at my shop on a weekly basis.
bosch takes cores with no nozzles stripped threads, leaking bodies etc.
they just don't care.
In this case sir it is you who don't have a clue.:roflmao:

Last edited:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
SPec on return rates in 60mm3
I like under 50
I use a mak tester from us diesel really good test bench
Bosch charges me a 100 dollar core, that is just to keep cores out of rebuilders hands.
I repair and rebuild injectors at my shop on a weekly basis.
bosch takes cores with no nozzles stripped threads, leaking bodies etc.
they just don't care.
In this case sir it is you who don't have a clue.:roflmao:

So are you a bosch authorized rebuilder? You claim to rebuild them all the time? Your stories arent making sence.Also where is this guy that had the bad injectors and why isnt he contacting UDP?