Twins almost done!!

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
if you guys want to see some really classy looking welds come look under my hood :D

Last edited:

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Drivin the truck around so far so good. I gave her a little bit of action nothin crazy pulled nice and whisled like a mofo.:D

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Very cool, is the bottom end grunt better or worse than stock? Thanks, it looks great. :)

Edit: Another question, how do you get oil to and from the big turbo? I think I have seen people tap into the stock turbo oil feed line. Can you discharge oil into the oil fill tube? Thanks again.

Last edited:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Nice job congrats on makieng your own. feels good when you can acomplish stuff on your own :)

Last edited:

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
Thats awesome, I'm curious to see what you paid for it all together.
It's gotta feel great to accomplish something like that, makes me want to give it a try.

Last edited:

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Very cool, is the bottom end grunt better or worse than stock? Thanks, it looks great. :)

Edit: Another question, how do you get oil to and from the big turbo? I think I have seen people tap into the stock turbo oil feed line. Can you discharge oil into the oil fill tube? Thanks again.

So far it feels about the same. I havnt laid into hard yet though, letting the fresh trans settle in first.

I drilled and tapped the top of the Banjo bolt feeding the stock turbo. I drilled the upper part of the oil pan just under the starter for the return. I think Turbo Buick returned his through the oil fill spout.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Nice job congrats on makieng your own. feels good when you can acomplish stuff on your own :)

Thanks. It does feel very good making your own stuff.:)

Thats awesome, I'm curious to see what you paid for it all together.
It's gotta feel great to accomplish something like that, makes me want to give it a try.

Ill have to tally up all my reciepts. It should be around $1000-$1100 everything.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
so far it feels about the same. I havnt laid into hard yet though, letting the fresh trans settle in first.

I drilled and tapped the top of the banjo bolt feeding the stock turbo. I drilled the upper part of the oil pan just under the starter for the return. I think turbo buick returned his through the oil fill spout.
when i did mine, it seemed like it would go upstream rather than downstream to put the oil return in the oil fill spout.