LLY: Twin turbo question...

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
All ECM/TCMs are locked. Suncoast or Factory. It requires the correct key to unlock it. EFI has set us up to unlock Factory ECM/TCMs. Its all a matter of unlocking it with the right tools.

Why not do a light trans build and converter, skip the 6 speed crap, and get a nice tuner and lift pump. Pretty standard mods and you should be very happy running low 13s with that setup. When a full trans build was suggested, you said you were not looking to do a 10 second ride, either way, you still need more than a converter to run more than 90-100 horse over factory....

If he has a mild trans build (SC III or equivalent) and a lift pump why should he be happy with 13s? A nice EFI Live race tune from most reputable tuners/vendors will put a stock turbo truck in the mid to high 12s with a lift pump.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
If he has a mild trans build (SC III or equivalent) and a lift pump why should he be happy with 13s? A nice EFI Live race tune from most reputable tuners/vendors will put a stock turbo truck in the mid to high 12s with a lift pump.

you think I dont know this?

Anyway, the guy was looking for a little more power, not a race tune. 12s daily driving is tough on a truck. I was suggesting that low 13s is a nice daily driver for most (as everyone is not like you and me is after a 10 second daily driver). And part of my suggestion, the main point, is that he will still need a full trans build even with a low 13 second truck. ok, make sense?

Last edited:

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Honestly yall, I'd be happy with just being able to use the programmer I have right now... The dang ECM is still locked from the last guy that owned it. Until I do that, all the mods in the world won't do me any good unless the computer can translate the new signals it gets, correct?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Honestly yall, I'd be happy with just being able to use the programmer I have right now... The dang ECM is still locked from the last guy that owned it. Until I do that, all the mods in the world won't do me any good unless the computer can translate the new signals it gets, correct?

The dealer can reflash to stock for you. Sometimes they may not even charge you, if they do it usually is around 100 bucks.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
When I went to do exactly that, the dealership guy told me he couldn't reflash it for some reason, and that I would have to get a whole new ECM for $1600. I mean, I have a $400 programmer, an ECM that I can't program, and will have to spend at least another $400 to get another ECM. It sucks.:(