Bakwoodz

Feb 8, 2012
Louisiana
to put this thread to rest now... I recieved a PM from bob wednesday saying that he would send me my tunes by saturday. I called him at 7pm and he told me that he was headed home from work and would call me when he was done. I got my call at 10 and he told me that they were in my email. checked and there they were. after talking he got me a couple things on order and he also stayed on the phone talking me through (actually ended up being about 1.5hrs) everything with the V2 and making sure everything was up to date and where it should be. talked me through how to data log and what not as well.

now granted yes it did take me a very long time to get the tunes and I haven't gotten the chance to test them out as its 11:30pm here and I live on base so it ain't happening tonight.:( I am not happy that it took this long, however for someone to spend that long on a weekend to walk someone through this was very helpful and pleasing. I'm happy that this whole deal is over with now. Thank you bob for the technical support and the tunes. Now time to enjoy some well waited for tunes....

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
to put this thread to rest now... I recieved a PM from bob wednesday saying that he would send me my tunes by saturday. I called him at 7pm and he told me that he was headed home from work and would call me when he was done. I got my call at 10 and he told me that they were in my email. checked and there they were. after talking he got me a couple things on order and he also stayed on the phone talking me through (actually ended up being about 1.5hrs) everything with the V2 and making sure everything was up to date and where it should be. talked me through how to data log and what not as well.

now granted yes it did take me a very long time to get the tunes and I haven't gotten the chance to test them out as its 11:30pm here and I live on base so it ain't happening tonight.:( I am not happy that it took this long, however for someone to spend that long on a weekend to walk someone through this was very helpful and pleasing. I'm happy that this whole deal is over with now. Thank you bob for the technical support and the tunes. Now time to enjoy some well waited for tunes....

Good talking to you. Hope you enjoy your tunes and get to use your EFI Live cable to make your truck run the way you would like it to. Your parts will be there next week and there is no charge for them because I know you had to wait way too long. Thanks again!:thumb:

Bakwoodz

Feb 8, 2012
Louisiana
Good talking to you. Hope you enjoy your tunes and get to use your EFI Live cable to make your truck run the way you would like it to. Your parts will be there next week and there is no charge for them because I know you had to wait way too long. Thanks again!:thumb:

thanks again. :beer go figure as soon as I wake up this morning its pouring down rain so true testing of tunes is gonna have to wait until it dries up. :cry:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
The rain may be a good thing. Now you can drive around and take it easy and let the trans learn. The only limp I've ever had was caused by not giving it time to learn properly.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
thanks again. :beer go figure as soon as I wake up this morning its pouring down rain so true testing of tunes is gonna have to wait until it dries up. :cry:

If it doesn't run like you expected or something seems different than what you expected log it and explain to Bob and he will get it better than expected for you. He is really good at tuning so you made a good choice in him tuning your truck. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Not to get off topic, but the first video I ever watched and though was sick as hell was bobos twinned dmax! Before I even owned a duramax I thought that was the sickest video lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
Not to get off topic, but the first video I ever watched and though was sick as hell was bobos twinned dmax! Before I even owned a duramax I thought that was the sickest video lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I think that video has sold a lot of parts!

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Appt no one takes into account that diesel tuning is more sout after now then it was 5 years ago! No complaints here about Bobs tuning and I can vouch for another 4 personally that havent had any issues with Bob:thumb:

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
Appt no one takes into account that diesel tuning is more sout after now then it was 5 years ago! No complaints here about Bobs tuning and I can vouch for another 4 personally that havent had any issues with Bob:thumb:

So because he can't keep up when someone like Rob who is equally as busy can it is the end users fault for ordering? :confused:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
So because he can't keep up when someone like Rob who is equally as busy can it is the end users fault for ordering? :confused:

Robs original tuning will not have the time put into it that Bob does. Bob is one guy and Rob has several working for him to handle some of that. Completely different set of circumstances.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
Robs original tuning will not have the time put into it that Bob does. Bob is one guy and Rob has several working for him to handle some of that. Completely different set of circumstances.

I would disagree that more goes into one's more than the others.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Don't drag me into this mess. I still tune 100% of all the Duramax customers. I also employ 6 full time people to help with supporting the company. What this does is leave me 12-16 hours a day to tune. With tuning being my only job, I can devote my time getting the end users the best product available. I don't get on forums much as I spend my time tuning, but happened to log on for another post and saw this. One of the big reasons I don't anymore.

muddoc

Just add more fuel
Sep 25, 2011
Dayton,Tx
Lol all I know is I got great tunes from a certain well known tuner in less than 5 business days on both of my duramax's each time.

and his name starts with R and ends with B.

Last edited: