LB7: Truck feels like it's missing while upshifting with 70hp tune and above

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Good day,

I got the DSP5 setup from Idaho Rob with setting number 4 being an added 70hp and 5 an added 90hp. Question is when up-shifting the truck seems to miss a beat. It just feels like you hit traction control and then starts pulling again. I can't really explain it better than that... Would that be my tranny? Or maybe rail pressure dropping? I honestly don't care that much for it but I am curious to know why.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
or its defueling to preserve tranny

just installed tunes from rob this week also and i get the same feeling, it feels as if it is defueling at each shift. but i can still break tie tires loose in any gear at any speed in 2wd.

i figured it was normal because its still 100x faster then it was before.

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Yeah I can't even break my tires loose. I think it's due to my oversized 265/70/17 tires. For sure it's faster doing this but it just feels wrong as if I am hurting something.

Fuel filter was changed just recently for a CAT one so I doubt that's it. I will pull out my laptop and log a few runs monitoring my rail pressure. Anything else should I log at the same time?

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
i have the exact same wheel and tire size as you and mine doesn't feel like that at all.

and my so called limited slip or whatever came in these trucks is definitely broken because i got the one-tire-fire. if its raining im in 4wd.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Yeah I can't even break my tires loose. I think it's due to my oversized 265/70/17 tires. For sure it's faster doing this but it just feels wrong as if I am hurting something.

Fuel filter was changed just recently for a CAT one so I doubt that's it. I will pull out my laptop and log a few runs monitoring my rail pressure. Anything else should I log at the same time?

just use the dmax imperial. watch desired VS actual. it is ok for it to drop down some but if it is way down that could mean you have a weak CP3 or a slight issue with your line somewhere.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
i have the exact same wheel and tire size as you and mine doesn't feel like that at all.

and my so called limited slip or whatever came in these trucks is definitely broken because i got the one-tire-fire. if its raining im in 4wd.

The stock G80 will only lock up both tires between roughly 10-25 MPH. Below 10 MPH there isn't enough RPM's to sling out the lock collar to engage the ramp plate, and above about 25-30 MPH the high speed lockout tab kicks the lock mechanism out entirely. This is one of the reasons many choose to install a TORSEN diff from a DODGE.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
or its defueling to preserve tranny

just installed tunes from rob this week also and i get the same feeling, it feels as if it is defueling at each shift. but i can still break tie tires loose in any gear at any speed in 2wd.

i figured it was normal because its still 100x faster then it was before.

Yours can break the tires loose at any speed in any gear with a stock trans??? Really? Video time I gotta see this....LOL just giving you a hard time.

And a 100X faster?

Last edited:

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
The stock G80 will only lock up both tires between roughly 10-25 MPH. Below 10 MPH there isn't enough RPM's to sling out the lock collar to engage the ramp plate, and above about 25-30 MPH the high speed lockout tab kicks the lock mechanism out entirely. This is one of the reasons many choose to install a TORSEN diff from a DODGE.

Damn glad mine doesn;t do this. i have had both rears spinning over 100 mph and no disengage and from a stop it will spin both equally as well.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
OK guess I should clarify, I should have said at low speeds/ high boost. So go ahead and bash what i said before haha.

And I still think the g80 is broken I have never gotten it ti rock up and any speed. Its always been a one tire for the last 6 years or so

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Well no wonder you can spin your tire that easy lol have you looked in the glove box at the tag and checked to see if you have a G80? My 03' dodnt have one.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
yeah its supposed to have one according to the build sheet so either its broken or was removed but i bought the truck from the original owner and he had every single thing done to the entire truck at the dealer and its not on the history check. so im pretty sure its broken.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
if you are powerbraking it i would consider that a boosted launch, i cant do a boosted launch in 2wd its just stupid one wheel spin forever. but in 4wd it hooks up great and is wicked fast then