Transfer Case Pictures:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Pat
Didn't you have issues with this T/C all along?

Yes, Casper had the only Dmax transfer case that would pop out of 4x4 when you hit the 2WD button while racing. It would do so at random with a bang.

It would also bang sometimes on the return road after a run.

None of the other trucks I've driven have done that.

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
First of all I want to make sure I'm clear. Are you talking about SC transfer case brace or something different early in this thread.

If it is the SC brace like I understand it to be, What are your thoughts on it. I hear mixed reviews. Some say Its cheap insurance (which i think is pretty true) Others say its a complete waste. The case looks like a bomb went off, do you think the brace did anything.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
First of all I want to make sure I'm clear. Are you talking about SC transfer case brace or something different early in this thread.

If it is the SC brace like I understand it to be, What are your thoughts on it. I hear mixed reviews. Some say Its cheap insurance (which i think is pretty true) Others say its a complete waste. The case looks like a bomb went off, do you think the brace did anything.

Yes, the SC transfer case brace. It did it's job. Without it the whole transfer case would have broken off and it could of gotten really ugly at the track.

We suggest everyone to buy one.

Mike actually had to talk Pat into putting it on. Thank goodness he did:hug:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I am talking about my new transmission support crossmember which will replace the ugly hang down factory one. You will not be abble to see it.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
does it replace the SC X-case brace???

Even though I have the brace, my case has now cracked and ruined a second transmission. I've just gotta be better about fixing driveline vibrations. Not been a good weekend. :(

C-ya

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Very Cool Mike. More money out of my pocket, damn.