Trans

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
wow. Howd that work out for you?

Lets see this diagram. Or did someone take it down? :D

Attachment id=57961&d=1203636338 on diesel place. Notice the red circle, when you print just the attachment it is misleading.:( Oh well. The truck ran great, but surely the converter was hurt.

AAcombs, I wasnt referring to anything you said, you need to reread the thread.

Edit: Mike i had trouble getting anyone to answer the phone and no directions came with the kit. Also i am not smarter than you

Last edited:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
Not much more for very long. The stage 3 adds one more clutch to the C3. It helps a lot but not enough.
McRat's truck Big Blue had a stage 3 installed by me and had over 500 passes in the 1/4. Pat was not running the kind of power back then. I rode in Blue a couple of weeks ago and I will tell you that the stage 3 kit will not give him 500 passes now.

Sorry this was the quote that should have been there, im not back peddling

mike posted that in post 7

Last edited:

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
05dmaxdriver

Go with the sc4. I took my truck to mike one year ago and had them install it.
I have bin beating the crap out of it ever since (pulling ,drags). the price is a little more but it is peace of mind knowing it will hold up. converter your on your own:D I got a 1057 if i was to get a different converter I would probably try out a 1056. at the moment I'm making a little over 550hp. I hope this helps you.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Since we're on the subject, does anyone know exactly what is done in a SC III and what is done in a SC IV? I know what's in my trans, but it isn't a SunCoast, unfortunately. I'm a little curious how close I am to a SunCoast III or IV.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Judging from the pictures of the kits on Suncoasts website, it looks like the IV adds: Full Transgo, main pressure valve mod, converter flow valve, filters, all three trans gaskets, new C3 & C4 apply pistons, T-Case gasket. III appears to be just C1-C4 clutches/steels. There may be a thing or two I can't see in the pic, and I imagine Mike could confirm or deny.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Judging from the pictures of the kits on Suncoasts website, it looks like the IV adds: Full Transgo, main pressure valve mod, converter flow valve, filters, all three trans gaskets, new C3 & C4 apply pistons, T-Case gasket. III appears to be just C1-C4 clutches/steels. There may be a thing or two I can't see in the pic, and I imagine Mike could confirm or deny.
suncoast stage three includes c1-c4 clutches and steels , full transgo , converter flow valve , machined c1 aply plate ,filters , and bell housing/pump gaskets . i think thats it but thats just off memroy . sc4 adds c3 aply piston , c4 apply piston , main pressure valve shim , wavy plate for c2's , and some more clutches in c1, c3, c4. once again off of memory .

BIG DIPPER

Nov 6, 2006
Attachment id=57961&d=1203636338 on diesel place. Notice the red circle, when you print just the attachment it is misleading.:( Oh well. The truck ran great, but surely the converter was hurt.

AAcombs, I wasnt referring to anything you said, you need to reread the thread.

Edit: Mike i had trouble getting anyone to answer the phone and no directions came with the kit. Also i am not smarter than you
I really wasn't going to ever get into this, but this is not the first time you made this statement and I feel it's time to clear some things up.

You got a level 3 from me and asked about what I did different. I set the kit up and gave you how I personally build a 3 with all the advatages except for mods I do mechanically. Me being the ass that I am, drove out of my way on a family vacation to give you these parts as you were in a hurry. Meeting your father on the side of the road to the time I got to my destination and checked my email was less than 5 hours IIRC....to a place where cell service is non existent. You got the instructions within minutes. You were also told numerous times on the phone what to do with certain parts and how to install them.....from me and Mike. Your response to me on the phone the last time was......"yeah, we didn't need that shim.". I kinda had to snicker to myself and said OK. A few weeks later you called and asked about the truck when slowing down and I told you that it was a bad converter or the TCC valve.....after talking for awhile, I said valve. You said you swapped TCM tunes and it got better. How can it? So do me a favor and stop pointing fingers and telling lies.

The problem is, someone not knowing gets on the net and reads your "helping" posts and has no idea you are 16 and the only trans you ever seen apart had to come out again and still had problems. There is a big difference between building/repairing a failed trans and swapping in a new set of clutch packs.

Last edited:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
:hijacked:
As long as this thread is just titled "trans"

Hey Mike L I hear some good things about your trans cooler, you got a web site I can check it out
thanks