Tranny won't go in park?

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Just installed sciv and for some reason I can't get it to go into park, it stops at reverse. I can manually put it in park by pulling the linkage forward. Any ideas?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Disconnect cable from trans. Put trans into park then adjust cable to match trans lever to where it snaps on freely.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
I tried disconnecting it, put both in park position, and still the same. It feels like it goes in park but its still in reverse. Made sure the L bracket was right side up also. It seems like the cable is to weak to push it all of the way into park. Is this possible?

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Oh Yeah!!! Why don't you go build a satallite or somethin!! LOL LB7 is that a motor?:rofl: Probably shouldn't say that, ol black is still faster than the Dirty.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I would pull the pan. Sounds like something is goofed with the linkage, be it the pin in the manual control valve, or the spring thing with the roller on it that gives the trans positive shift detents. You did check that the park pawl operates smoothly before you put the tailshaft housing back on right?

IMHO it doesnt sound like a cable adjustment thing because theoretically, nothing should have changed when you rebuilt the trans, provided you didnt take the NSBU off.

ben

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Yeah it was a linkage thing. Stopped by the tranny shop today and the guy who built it messed with the adjuster I didn't see and fixed it. Lol Thanks for the replies. Next time I'll be sure to look with my eyes open..... Or maybe have a couple of beers first! That always seems to help.:D