Trailer Hitch in or removed?

Trailer hitch in or removed

• Total voters

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Out, I hate busting my shin. As for the air bags. My boss was pulling oit one of our spade trucks with his F-150 and the chain snapped jerking the truck real hard and the air bags went off. The chain was hooked to the reciever on the rear. Thankfully for him he had the door open and was looking out towards the back. Imagine his suprise when he turns around and here are these two bags hanging there and a nasty smell in the cab!!:rofl:

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Out now with some new rumors stating it must be removed when not in use. Would be a easy pull over to avoid if you have consumed a few adult beverages. And my B&W turn over three ball hitch is more than a chin wrecker..... Maybe I should put a hitch in all three of my reviever hitches behind my truck:D

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Used to leave mine in but the broke state of ill is now fining people for leaving them in and our little town is having a hay day fining people. my buddy works and a little repair shop and they are cuting hitches off with a torch that are froozen in.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I love how he states
The accident was my fault
so why should i care about taking my hitch out? Watch were your going! Thank goodness i live in Texas, We will be the last state to start fining people for this:thumb:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
if i had abumper id leave mine in all the time. i had a really nice 12" drop down hitch (really cool) with a 4" billet ball on it. wes (whitetrash21) has it now. i would hate for some dumbass to run into it and damage the ball! .......as a matter O' fact, wes said he has had 2 idiots rear end him.......hist truck is unscathed :thumb:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
IN. People need to pay attention.. and it saved me a whole new bumper in my last truck..

x2..... if you can't see far enough ahead of you to miss a fire engine red truck, then your dumbass deserves to suck on my hitch.

if i had abumper id leave mine in all the time. i had a really nice 12" drop down hitch (really cool) with a 4" billet ball on it. wes (whitetrash21) has it now. i would hate for some dumbass to run into it and damage the ball! .......as a matter O' fact, wes said he has had 2 idiots rear end him.......hist truck is unscathed :thumb:

what he said.....

one guy was idling when he hit me, just a bunch of cosmetic damage

the other one was doing about30-40mph, his shit got totaled..... radiator smashed, broke two motor mounts, shattered windscreen, twisted unibody, none of the door gaps were even remotely lined up, hood, fenders, bumper all demolished, ripped the pass side cv out, tore the tierod off the spindle, tire off the bead, bent the wheel..... tough luck, shoulda been watching the road

the view from the back

Attachments

• Lifted 01.jpg
    Lifted 01.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 50

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
i left my triple ball in one day after towing a trailer and got rear ended by a little ford ranger... hitch went thru his bumper, transmission cooler, and bent his crossmember about 6 inches into the engine bay. didnt even scratch my truck.:woott: havent taken it out since.:D

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I used to leave it in all the time.....

My truck has been rear ended 6 TIMES! Every time I have been legally stopped at a red light... by this I mean that I was STOPPED, not dropping anchor in front of someone....

After all the neck injuries and rehab, I have taken it out. A bent bumper is a PITA, but insurance will pay for that. I do not want to aggravate my old neck injuries, and anything that will absorb impact energy is good by me. Bumpers are now ablative in my book.

If the hitch is in, all the impact energy goes straight to the frame, if they bend some sheet metal, that does absorb some of the impact energy.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Yeah sure, you can fine me for having my hitch in...IF I can fine you for the hassle I will have to go through fixing my perfect bumper. :thumb:

Chad

Chad231
Nov 26, 2008
Santa Cruz California
Yeah. Was stopped in traffic one day and turned to my ex and said "did you feel that?" she says "no". So I says "how about that?" "no" she replies. I turn around and see a Suzuki samurai right behind me and a 1500 Chevy truck behind him. Both towed away. Both totaled. I wiped the paint from the samurai bumper from my bumper by licking my finger first. The CHP just starts laughing. Thank you hitch in place.